New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

As a marlins fan, at first I was upset over the rebranding but I eventually got used, and looked forward to it. I didn't like the new logo at first but I have also moved to a wait and see approach. I think the whole uniform set is going to be unique and vibrant and ultimately look good. Some people are acting like the Marlins owed us something by keeping what they got now. The Marlins are a business and basically calling Miami a new team. They are not going to pass up the merchandise opportunity when creating a new team. This stuff will get sold and I know I will end up buying it, like it or not.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the $25,000 Tropical Pyramid!

"Close off your upper deck... Unload your talent for developmental scraps... Cry poor to the city council while making millions in revenue-sharing profits..."

"Uh... Things you do to get a publicly-funded stadium?"

*ding*

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's the $25,000 Tropical Pyramid!

"Close off your upper deck... Unload your talent for developmental scraps... Cry poor to the city council while making millions in revenue-sharing profits..."

"Uh... Things you do to get a publicly-funded stadium?"

*ding*

*BUZZZZ!*

(sorry, you can't use prepositional phrases in the list!)

LvZYtbZ.png

I'm sorry, but I like that wacky-ass we-ridin-spinnaz-we-don't-stop-also-cocks marlin thing. This is all going as planned, make the Marlins totally ridiculous, yes, yes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

can someone fill me in on what this "home run mess" is?

look at the picture a few posts back. in center field there are a few rings

they are building this

marlins.gif

it will do that when they hit a home run

holy :censored:,wtf is that? my mets have the cheesy apple but thats been mets tradition since mets magic in the 80's, this, THAT mess is just what it is....a mess, its digusting and has NO place in any baseball stadium. loria has EXTREMELY BAD taste in art if he thinks that is "good"

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I love that thing. Baseball needs whimsy. Except for the relief pitchers getting drunk in the bullpen nobody ever looks like they're having any fun. This is fun.

I think it's pretty awesome too. The Mets have their apple, the Astros have their choo-choo, the Brewers have (had?) their beer slide, the Buccaneers have their pirate ship and now the Marlins have their mall fountain centerpiece that has gone completely over the top.

I can't wait to see the final product. I hope they're working on some awesome home run sound effects and matching music.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love that thing. Baseball needs whimsy. Except for the relief pitchers getting drunk in the bullpen nobody ever looks like they're having any fun. This is fun.

I think it's pretty awesome too. The Mets have their apple, the Astros have their choo-choo, the Brewers have (had?) their beer slide, the Buccaneers have their pirate ship and now the Marlins have their mall fountain centerpiece that has gone completely over the top.

I can't wait to see the final product. I hope they're working on some awesome home run sound effects and matching music.

The only difference is the other objects are simple - the Mets with an apple, Brewers with a slide, etc.

This Marlins thing...I see 3 marlins, flamboyant colors, flashing lights, tropical trees, water, and more. The only consolation is that it won't be used much if they only play it when the Marlins win or hit a home run. ;)

Archived