New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I had about the same reaction as everyone else when I first saw the logo. Although I'm still not too crazy about the abstract Marlin, it has started to grow on me. And now that I've seen a few mock-ups (especially Robbman's) I'm starting to like some of the directions they could go with the uniforms. Loria may have :censored: taste, but I must commend him for injecting some much needed color into baseball.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my take on the new unis, stictly based on what we know for sure about them so far, and maybe Showtime or Unwind could say for sure how close they are without implicating a leak. I really only know "traditional" baseball designs, so this is kind of a marriage of the out of the box colors and well established uniform esthetics. Chris if you have to remove these images I definitely understand and I apologize in advance for any inconvenience. So...what do you guys think??

Drop the yellow and blue, and you've pretty much nailed it.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Here's my take on the new unis, stictly based on what we know for sure about them so far, and maybe Showtime or Unwind could say for sure how close they are without implicating a leak. I really only know "traditional" baseball designs, so this is kind of a marriage of the out of the box colors and well established uniform esthetics. Chris if you have to remove these images I definitely understand and I apologize in advance for any inconvenience. So...what do you guys think??

Drop the yellow and blue, and you've pretty much nailed it.

nailed it as in you've seen the uniforms and this concept is close, or nailed it as in you think it looks good?

Guess the logo is legit. Here is a photo of one of the seats at the new stadium.

That "M" looks a hell of a lot like the end of the Viacom logo:

viacom_logo.jpg

It's the same font (obviously), which worries me. That means they might use that :censored: up "A" in the "MIAMI" script.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Actually the font is a derivitive of or very close to Century Gothic Bold, which has a somewhat normal "A". For closer example, see the mockup that I posted on the previous page. Apparently that's a close facsimile of what we'll be seeing on 11/11/11.

98Falcons.png

I had about the same reaction as everyone else when I first saw the logo. Although I'm still not too crazy about the abstract Marlin, it has started to grow on me. And now that I've seen a few mock-ups (especially Robbman's) I'm starting to like some of the directions they could go with the uniforms. Loria may have :censored: taste, but I must commend him for injecting some much needed color into baseball.

He REMOVED some of the color from baseball in 2003 when he killed most of the teal in the Marlins identity. 22 of the 30 teams use red and/or blue. The Marlins were a colorful team with a unique look before he got here.

Of note, the Fish are having a contest where 5 winners will be able to attend the exclusive Miami Marlins unveiling. Looks like they don't want a pissed of bunch of Marlins fans booing them throughout the whole event.

Guess the logo is legit. Here is a photo of one of the seats at the new stadium.

viacom_logo.jpg

It's the same font (obviously), which worries me. That means they might use that :censored: up "A" in the "MIAMI" script.

That hasn't been the Viacom logo since 2006. This is the current Viacom logo.

726px-Viacom_logosvg.png

viacom_logo.jpg

That hasn't been the Viacom logo since 2006. This is the current Viacom logo.

726px-Viacom_logosvg.png

Ew another company who went with the lower case trend. Also it really fails since the m is a capital M. WHY would a company change the perfect logo for them! (even 5 years ago)

viacom_logo.jpg

Hopefully, the Marlins aren't that stupid. They (should) know that their ass is sued the moment they step on the field with that A and M.

spacer.png

viacom_logo.jpg

Hopefully, the Marlins aren't that stupid. They (should) know that their ass is sued the moment they step on the field with that A and M.

Do you know if it's a proprietary font owned by Viacom? Do you know if Viacom even owns that mark anymore (since it's not their current one?) If it's not either a custom font designed for and owned by Viacom, or a font that they purchased the exclusive rights to, I highly doubt that anyone is getting sued. Besides - that style of M isn't that uncommon - there's no way to know (without seeing the full wordmark) if it's from that font set, another one, or a one-off job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seeing as that hasn't been Viacom's logo for five years I think the Marlins are alright.

This logo really fits Miami and its original style. Has anyone ever seen the "City Furniture" stores in Homestead, Florida and around Miami. It's kind of reminiscent of Sassy magazine and "haute-early 90s" style which I absolutely love (neon pink expressive script on a black and white background-that kind of thing)

Sassy Magazine

City Furniture - Miami furniture outlet logo

Archived