nash61

Potato Chips

71 posts in this topic

Munchos are also a favorite of mine. Very distinctive taste, and I prefer them to regular Lay's.

I'm also partial to these...

oregon-potato-chips-0709-de.jpg

Kettle-Foods-Potato-Chips-Backyard-Barbecue.jpg

...but I wish they came in bigger bags.

And whenever I'm in the States I pick up a bag of these...

It is not the salty snacks I crave. Mine is a sweet tooth. However, I do love these chips...definitely my favorite 'tato chips.

On the "other snack" theme, I absolutely love the Sun Dried Tomato Basil variety of Wheat Thins.

I am shocked how many people like salt and vinegar.

Its just me mind you but the smell of vinegar alone repulses me and the taste makes me sick. I accidentally tried salt and vinegar chips once and it was not pretty let me tell ya.

I like Salt and Vinegar as a change up. I don't usually buy them, but if they are around the house I'll snack on them. For some reason they irritate my mouth if I eat more than a handful.

I don't know if any of you have tried Target's Archer Farms private-label chips, but those are also pretty spectacular. Salt & Pepper, Rosemary & Olive Oil, and Buffalo Wing are my faves.

Like many others have said Lays Salt & Vinegar is my favorite. The only other kind I buy are Cool Ranch Doritos.

What exactly is barbecue flavour? As far as i know, a barbecue is an object

Barbecue is a meat cooking method involing a grill and smoke (as opposed to grilling which doesn't emphasize smoke). BBQ chips tend to taste nothing like meat or smoke but rather the BBQ sauces esp. the sort of sauces that taste ketchup-y

I've never really dug BBQ chips because of all that dust and how damn much it taste like tomato paste.

My dad is really into BBQ Pringles but that might be because none of my brothers or I liked it and it would last longer than an afternoon. Regular Pringles would be taken apart like a ham thrown into a pirahna tank. But that's off-topic since Pringles isn't a potato chip but rather crisps although in the UK they aren't allowed to call themselves that.

I am shocked how many people like salt and vinegar.

Its just me mind you but the smell of vinegar alone repulses me and the taste makes me sick. I accidentally tried salt and vinegar chips once and it was not pretty let me tell ya.

I'm with ya. The smell of vinegar is grotesque.

Barbecue is a meat cooking method involing a grill and smoke (as opposed to grilling which doesn't emphasize smoke). BBQ chips tend to taste nothing like meat or smoke but rather the BBQ sauces esp. the sort of sauces that taste ketchup-y

I've never really dug BBQ chips because of all that dust and how damn much it taste like tomato paste.

My dad is really into BBQ Pringles but that might be because none of my brothers or I liked it and it would last longer than an afternoon. Regular Pringles would be taken apart like a ham thrown into a pirahna tank. But that's off-topic since Pringles isn't a potato chip but rather crisps although in the UK they aren't allowed to call themselves that.

A good story about BBQ chips. When I was in Germany, I bought a bag of BBQ chips expecting what we are used to. These had meat flavor and smoke as well. Quite interesting, and one of the vegetarians on our trip devoured most of the bag.

I like most any potato chip. I prefer kettle cooked over most others in general. My favorites are probably:

american-herr-s-sour-cream-onion-flavour-potato-chips-4.5oz-bag-10569-p.jpg

Utz-Kettle-Jala.jpg

and

RedHot.jpg

A host others are awesome: wavy honey BBQ, kettle cooked salt and vinegar, and Thunder Buffalo wing and blue cheese.

In general, I find Herr's to be the best. They have some different kinds that are oddly good, namely Salt & Pepper and Ketchup (along with the more standard flavors). Other odd flavors that are good are Lay's Pepper Relish and Kruncher's Sweet Hawaiian Onion.

Outside of chips, my favorite salty snack is the gone but not forgotten Smokey Cheddar BBQ Doritos.

Herr's Red Hot Chips I used to be able to handle them but man they burn my mouth fierce. When they say red hot they are not lying, have plenty of water near by if you dare try them because they set your mouth on fire.

Herr's Red Hot Chips I used to be able to handle them but man they burn my mouth fierce. When they say red hot they are not lying, have plenty of water near by if you dare try them because they set your mouth on fire.

I can handle those, I love those.

Actually, the first chips that I really haven't been able to handle due to spiciness are those new Dorito's "Degree Burn" Fiery Buffalo flavor chips.

This is probably one of the best flavours ever:

2780062235_147f387124.jpg?v=0

GRAVY CHIPS!

The Peoples Chip.... started out as a jocular conversation on a radio show, until a listener called in saying they worked for Smiths....

I believe they gave Hillary Clinton the last bag of Gravy Chips (two years out of date) as a present when she visited Melbourne last year.

Although I haven't had them in probably 5 years (so they may not even exist), Herr's Bacon & Horseradish Chips were totally awesome (and turr'ble for you)

Herrs-BaconHorse.jpg

Also, the Utz Natural chips are great.

A good story about BBQ chips. When I was in Germany, I bought a bag of BBQ chips expecting what we are used to. These had meat flavor and smoke as well. Quite interesting, and one of the vegetarians on our trip devoured most of the bag.

Now that we're talking about other parts of the world. While in Asia, I've seen "salt and pepper" flavour, "basil and garlic" and have tried "seaweed".

Also, I dig shrimp chips...

You guys probably don't have these crisps over there, but I love these.

mccoys-thai-sweet-chicken_2.jpg

I've been to Britain before, and I can say that I liked Nobby's Chicken Tikka (sp, is that the name) crisps when I had them.

As for the chips here in the states, this is probably my favorite at this time...

BAKED_LAYS_Southwestern_Ranch.gif

Though these aren't too bad with a Subway sandwich, either...especially when you have some spilled sauce to pick up with these...

DORITOS_NACHO_CHEESE__Flavored_Tortilla_Chips.gif

These are also good, too...

SDS702217.jpgamerican-ranch-flavour-pringles-1480-p.jpg

Otherwise, I like BBQ in general.

A wonderful potato chip is Old Dutch, based in Minnesota. I love the flavored kinds, but my favorite is the plain old ripple chips and then dip them in French onion dip -- the old fashioned way.

Regular Baked Lay's are just the best. I could eat them all day and all night. Regular potato chips make me feel sickly from the nasty greasy vibe they give off.

the one, the only, the addictive: sweet chili heat doritos. the only chips of any kind that i buy.

doritos_sweet_chili_heat_1.jpg