Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be interested to see if they contact any of us and if so, what changes they would ask for. There are always changes. If I had to guess what they might be interested in, I'd say Bodamer or Greg Cekus. Very different approaches, but solid.

Since this is a "contest" and not a contract, we should pat eachother on the back even if nothing much happens.  

I've already done alternate versions of mine, even though I know it's too late to do anything with it. Always happens when you put something away for a while and look at it again. You all do that too?

Thanks, I appreciate that. (rtrich11 is TRich) My only regret is that I didn't do my alternate logo sooner and get a chance to post it. If the Moose want to see it, they will ask. The design is a bit different, but if someone likes one, they will like the other. Perhaps the same goes in the reverse.

Another hockey team I wish would let us try to improve is the Chicago Wolves. Could be better without the giant hockey puck and mini stick.

• 4 weeks later...

I should let you all know...

The Moose actually DID pick one of these designs, and they are in the process of working with the designer in order to "clean" it up a bit and get the uniform completed.

Once their work is done, I'll divulge which design it was and we'll post the results.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Bods,

I layed out the situation in another thread but I cant remember which one.  Probably should have been this one huh?

The process is done.  The Chris Creamer logo board has slain it's first victim and conquered it's first foe.  I mean that sincerely as without the work, input, and passion that people pour into this forum, I wouldn't have known there was a contest.  I was lucky enough that they saw something in my sketch worth building off of and got in touch with me.  

The jerseys are already designed and will be worn when the season starts.  The Moose have told me that there might not be a press conference or any formal announcement, but I'd expect to see them for sale right as we lead up to the start of the season...(Sept?-Oct?)

The image itself and the jersey design is confidential for now.  

I'll tell anybody who wants to know, anything they want to know about the process...cause it was enlightening...just not until they make it public themselves.  That was kind of the terms.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Thanks man.  I am proud as hell.  If I seem nonchalant about the whole thing it's cause it's the only way I can contain myself.  When I saw the photo of it the first time...I was like shaking...seriously.  Didn't know whether to drink a cold one, or pee my pants or what.  It's easily the biggest and most gratifying professional thing I've ever done.  It's only below my wedding day and the birth of my nephew in terms of significance to me.  YOu can't believe how hard it is to type/read here everyday wanting to bust out and show everyone...especially youz guys..but just a few more weeks and we ought to be able to talk about it.

I hope everyone is going to like it.

I don't know how we wouldn't like it- unless of course the team told you to do something stupid with it. I'll bet it's cool, one reason is that there were so many really good entries into the contest, so for you to break away is really something. We definitely want to hear the behind the scenes process that you went through. We'll try to be patient.

Just thought I'd give you guys an update

Talked to the Moose today

From what I gather there will be no retarded press conference nonsense.  The jersey will debut the first or second game (at home) and in , if I do say so myself, a very cool manner.  Fans will see no trace of it as they enter the stadium...but after warmups the team will skate out wearing the new duds and when the fans venture to the concourse at first intermission the new jerseys will be available for sale.

I can't say enough how wonderful I think this is.  Tying the excitment to hockey...which is important.  It's sly and cool and aware and ........God....perfect.  So we'll all have to wait til the season actually starts, which will be hard.  But there may be a few teasers between now and then.

I think it is set up to be quite the scene in Winnepeg (or whereever) on opening night 2003.

been out of town for a bit so I'm just catching up

on my reading

Sterling, If I were you I'd go to that game!!

Don't miss that first time your stuff hits the ice,

it's a great feeling of accomplishment. An even better kick

is when you see people buying it and wearing it.

The satisfaction of knowing you created something

special enough for total strangers to react

positively to is a great feeling.

Yeah, I know dude.  Don't think I haven't been thinking about it.  It's just that it's 13-14 hours from where I am...that's quite a haul.

I certainly am going to look into it further though.

Sterling-

Take I-94 West to Minneapolis/St Paul; sleep.

Keep taking 94 W to I-29 in Fargo ND, turn North

Lie at the Can/US border about why you're coming to Winnipeg.  Get a room at the Polo Park Inn or the Quality Inn Suites across from Polo Park; both are walking distance from Winnipeg Arena.

See game. Gush. Let me buy you beer (Canadian, be careful).

Reverse driving directions to get home.

Piece O cake  :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Get a room at the Polo Park Inn or the Quality Inn Suites across from Polo Park; both are walking distance from Winnipeg Arena.

Or let him crash at your place.  :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Get a room at the Polo Park Inn or the Quality Inn Suites across from Polo Park; both are walking distance from Winnipeg Arena.

Or let him crash at your place. :D

"Honey, this guy I've never met from the internet is coming to a Moose game, and the guys on the board made me let him crash on the couch....Honey? Hon?"

That crashing sound you hear is my marriage collapsing :)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Honey, this guy I've never met from the internet is coming to a Moose game, and the guys on the board made me let him crash on the couch....Honey? Hon?"

LOL!

You guys are too kind.  Seriously. I appreciate the enthusiasm and I will try all I can to make it to that game.  And I'll take you up on the beer if I do.  But finding lodging will be the least of my worries.

Besides, I don't think my better half would be wild about the idea either.  She thinks I'm retarded for being on here all day as it is.

You really live right there?  Are you going to buy an alt jersey?  YOu're going to want to I think...I wouldn't lie about this...they are pretty sweet.  I want one.

Archived