NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Why not take that catalog hoem and show us some pix

The catalog won't have pics. It just has blank spaces where the new jerseys will go.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guesses/opinions:

NY Islanders - Probably orange 3rd, and if done right could be cool.

I know some people who work for the Islanders and they told me, (and I hope to God that this is not true) that the Islanders 3d jersey will not be orange but will be black. Yes another case of BFBS. When they told me this all I could do was facepalm and say "I really, really hope this isn't the case."

BLACK??? The Islanders have NO BLACK WHATSOEVER even in their logo! They never have, and they'd better not ever have! :cursing:

They finally learned their lesson and went back to their classic look, I guess one had to figure they would try to muck it all up somehow.

But I agree with everyone else...probably an attempt to appeal to Mets and Nets fans. I assume if this is the case, we will see an Islanders jersey that is similar to the Mets alternate....black, blue, and the only orange to be found will be in the logo and maybe some on the collar.

70389454.png

I didn't realize it until our board on HF pointed it out.

Next season is the Lightning's 20th anniversary. Perhaps we see the original jerseys updated for Edge and with our new logo.

If Reebok mentions us, it has to be more than just a patch, right?

They've been around 20 years already. Wow that makes me feel old.

sig.png

NY Islanders - I wouldn't mind an orange third based on their 07-09 template.

Los Angeles - I'm really not sure what I want here. All of their unis are nice.

Tampa Bay - More blue, and get rid of the jigsaw puzzle template.

Toronto - ?

Edmonton - Make the 'retros' into the home-and-away set, and even a throwback Alberta Oilers Orange 3rd would be nice.

Florida - Please don't make the alternate fulltime with a white. You used to have some of the nicest jerseys in the league. Go back to red.

Pittsburgh - I've heard that a new third is in the works and it's "a mixing or eras". Sounds like it could be nice if done right.

Nashville - I wouldn't mind a promotion of the third and get a white to match.

Ottawa - Make the 2d Sen the primary mark and make an O alternate.

Dallas - They need a green

Atlanta - I hate everything about their current set. No consistency whatsoever. And the third is gross.

sig.png

Now, I have no definitive informtation, but the Lightning are getting new home and road unis for 2011-12. The talk I have heard is that the home jersey will now be blue (a new blue one, not a promoted BOLTS alt) and a matching white one. Logos are not set to change, but placement of current logos could be different.

My guesses/opinions:

Toronto - No idea why they'd change anything in their set, especially the 3rd. So I'm drawing a blank on this one.

Here's hoping for a 1966 - 67 season alt...as much as I like the current alt, they could use a blue alternate jersey.

I can haz sig?

Next season is the Lightning's 20th anniversary. Perhaps we see the original jerseys updated for Edge and with our new logo.

They entered the league the same year as the Sharks, who are celebrating 20 years this year...

i can personally vouch for the fact that the stars alternate is going to be a return to green.

last april i had the honor of catching a game in a luxury box with brett hull with a few of my friends. my fiance was wearing my north stars jersey, which led hull to talk about how popular the north stars look is in dallas and how stars management regret minimalizing green. hull said that the stars are looking to take direct inspiration from the old north stars unis, with them going as far as toying with the idea of a return to kelly green. she was wearing my 70's double-stripe, but hull seemed to be referencing the 91 era green/yellow/black/white unis that are so popular.

expect the uniforms to be semi-retro in an 80's style. he also said they were toying around with a new crest for the alternate, possibly a D or S in a minnesota-style logo.

it sounded very very much like an in-house job, with hull actually asking for our input (and even asking for me to email him my friend ken chernoff's concept).

take it with a grain of salt, since hully likes to talk... but that's what he said, and all rumors i've heard since then from media and broadcasters seem to be backing brett up.

i'm holding off on buying an actual authentic stars jersey until i see how this alternate looks. if it's as good as it has potential to be, i'm going to try and justify dropping a few hundred for a jamie benn authentic with the wifey. -crosses fingers... twice.-

Could there be better news? Stars back in green, and it could be kelly ! THis is great news, my friend. In the copy-cat NHL world, maybe other teams will tip-toe out into using more color (specifically light green). I think I like the Wild as a forest green; it works well for them. The Stars should be kelly green with some thick horizontal white and gold stripes. It 'd look hella sweet.

I feel like the RBK takeover / Winter CLassic were a blessing in disguise. With both occurring, it made teams think about their pasts and get away from stupid futuristic garbage, and it gave teams a chance to see how good vibrant colors can be on an NHL jersey.

I feel like the difference from circa 2006 to 2011 are gonna be amazing. The Canucks look great to me. The Isles are perfected and have returned to royal blue with classic striping. The Flyers look amazing. The Oilers could be fixed if the white changes. Dallas will be back. The Wild now have a green jersey like they should. The Leafs have fixed their striping. These are all positive changes, in my opinion...

I posted this in the massive 2010-11 thread back on Sept. 6. I maintain that it's likely the best Panthers fans can hope for:

Quote:

Although I know this is more NHL 2011-2012 than 2010-11, based on the details from the earlier report (quoted above), I'm guessing that these mockups represent the BEST-case scenario for the Panthers' upcoming redesign?

4964053506_ec5274321e.jpg4963454421_dbaf006e16.jpg

(All logos and templates courtesy of CCSLC.)

Hate to burst any bubbles, but those catalogs are somewhat speculative. In past years, there's been a few Reebok catalog changes (as in, a blank spot where the jersey should be shown, suggesting a change for the next season) that haven't come to fruition. It means they certainly are being talked about, but basically anything being discussed ends up that way in the catalog.

I have very low expecations for whatever the Thrashers will do. Their home uniform is an acquired taste, the road uniform is bland, and the alt is just an eyesore, and this is coming from a fan of the team. So yeah, not really hoping for the best here when it comes to another Thrashers alternate.

The one thing I want to see, among all others, is a green Dallas jersey. They had a chance last time, but decided to just make a white version of the home uniform. That :censored: was so disappointing. They have a golden chance to rectify it, if these rumors are true.

That's longer than Quebec was in the league. TRADITIONAL MARKET LOL!!!!! :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I posted this in the massive 2010-11 thread back on Sept. 6. I maintain that it's likely the best Panthers fans can hope for:

Quote:

Although I know this is more NHL 2011-2012 than 2010-11, based on the details from the earlier report (quoted above), I'm guessing that these mockups represent the BEST-case scenario for the Panthers' upcoming redesign?

4964053506_ec5274321e.jpg4963454421_dbaf006e16.jpg

(All logos and templates courtesy of CCSLC.)

Not bad. But I hope they use the hockey-stick less Panther. That leaping attacking Florida Panther looks great on its own. It doesn't need the cheesy hockey sticks. Its like they are saying Hey look at us. We are a hockey team. Note the broken pieces of hockey sticks we added to the panthers paws?

Bleh.

I hope they keep that "Fla/Sun" logo on the helmets and pants. I know it looks like something you would see stamped on the side of a crate of oranges, but goshdarnit I like that logo.

The Catch of the Day!

That's longer than Quebec was in the league. TRADITIONAL MARKET LOL!!!!! :P

And they have more Cups than Winnipeg and Quebec combined!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

They entered the league the same year as the Sharks, who are celebrating 20 years this year...

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the Sharks in 91-92; Lightning and Sens in 92-93; Panthers and Ducks in 93-94?

sig.png

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the Sharks in 91-92; Lightning and Sens in 92-93; Panthers and Ducks in 93-94?

Yeah, the Sharks are celebrating their anniversary this season. The Lightning were the following season.

i can personally vouch for the fact that the stars alternate is going to be a return to green.

last april i had the honor of catching a game in a luxury box with brett hull with a few of my friends. my fiance was wearing my north stars jersey, which led hull to talk about how popular the north stars look is in dallas and how stars management regret minimalizing green. hull said that the stars are looking to take direct inspiration from the old north stars unis, with them going as far as toying with the idea of a return to kelly green. she was wearing my 70's double-stripe, but hull seemed to be referencing the 91 era green/yellow/black/white unis that are so popular.

expect the uniforms to be semi-retro in an 80's style. he also said they were toying around with a new crest for the alternate, possibly a D or S in a minnesota-style logo.

it sounded very very much like an in-house job, with hull actually asking for our input (and even asking for me to email him my friend ken chernoff's concept).

take it with a grain of salt, since hully likes to talk... but that's what he said, and all rumors i've heard since then from media and broadcasters seem to be backing brett up.

This is great news. The NHL hasnt had a primarily Kelly Green jersey since the 1991/92 season. I just hope they don't get all trendy on by adding vintage white and a circle logo. Come to think of tie up collars are really starting to lose their novelty as well.

My guesses/opinions:

I know some people who work for the Islanders and they told me, (and I hope to God that this is not true) that the Islanders 3d jersey will not be orange but will be black. Yes another case of BFBS. When they told me this all I could do was facepalm and say "I really, really hope this isn't the case."

BLACK??? The Islanders have NO BLACK WHATSOEVER even in their logo! They never have, and they'd better not ever have! :cursing:

This is awful news. I can't imagine the Islanders current logo looking good on a primarily black uniform. One thing to keep in mind is that this jersey is being designed by the same guy who made the Islanders first edge jerseys (with the awful orange sleeves and phantom shoulder yolk) so these have the potential to be really bad. I have a horrible feeling they're going to use that script logo on the helmets as the main crest.

Edmonton is getting a new home.

Eh, I hope your roommate meant new away, as in a white jersey to match home (retro).

I wish the Oilers stayed navy/copper and went back to the 97-07 uniforms, with the current home as an alternate. As long as those awful practice jerseys don't see another game after this season, I'll probably be happy.

Actually, my roommate did just get back home, and he just corrected me. Edmonton will be getting a new away uniform next year.

This might be the best news yet. Those Oilers jerseys with the half stripe have got be among the worst in NHL history. They should have been axed years ago, just hope to god they don't keep the navy as a third.

My guesses/opinions:

They finally learned their lesson and went back to their classic look, I guess one had to figure they would try to muck it all up somehow.

But I agree with everyone else...probably an attempt to appeal to Mets and Nets fans. I assume if this is the case, we will see an Islanders jersey that is similar to the Mets alternate....black, blue, and the only orange to be found will be in the logo and maybe some on the collar.

leave it to the freakin islanders. i really, REALLY hope the black rumor isn't true. their set now is finally perfection and an orange version of the current jersey, possibly utilizing the script wordmark as a change of pace from the primary logo, would be a nice way to go. fingers crossed, but as a mets, islanders AND knicks fan, i am praying against the black. i don't want to have to put up with it from 3 of my 4 teams.

sig2024.png

My guesses/opinions:

Oh lord. Time to cue Mrs. Schwartz (1:25 mark)

OK, I don't mind the black for the Mets. I enjoy wearing the black hat because it matches with quite a bit with the clothes I wear in the summer. But for the Islanders? Good grief. No reason for that whatsoever and there's no way I can see it matching the logo at all. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and they go with orange

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived