NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I would GUESS (cuz that's all we can do) that the "majority" of fans do not care one way or the other...if asked, I suppose they may come up with an opinion, but they don't let it impact 'em.

I'd rather white at home with a few instances of dark alts. However, as pointed out, teams would have to pack whites and darks for road trips. It would be a mess. I grew up with white at home (which is why I am biased that way I suppose), but in this era of dark-colored alts, it makes sense for fans to see their own team's alt and for ease of travel.

Actually, I think a great way to mix it up would be to let the road team choose.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also grew up in the era of white jerseys at home, so it still looks strange to see the Hawks wearing red at home. I respect that the home team originally wore dark colors and "that's the way it should have stayed", so I guess I accept the dark jerseys at home. Still, I think they need to make strict rules (as does the NBA), that teams are required to wear either white or dark at home. The NBA has gotten ridiculous in the past few years with teams wearing whatever they want whenever.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've found a lot of older hockey fans prefer white at home. Usually they'll say it's so "you can see the other team's dark jerseys", but personally I'd rather see my own team's dark uniforms. If you really want to see other team's uniforms, it's not that hard to look it up online... or if it's the NHL, just watch on TV.

I like to see white at home, but that's because I like the Islanders' white jersey/blue pants combo more than their blue jersey/blue pants combo. The monochrome look in hockey isn't as bad as it is in football, but I still don't like it. (I do realize some teams, like Detroit and Toronto, don't have much choice since white hockey pants look weird.)

i'd probably be more okay with dark at home if the stars home jerseys were better...

it gets really really old having an all black versus white-with-black-pants game almost every time i go to american airlines center.

i'd probably be more okay with dark at home if the stars home jerseys were better...

it gets really really old having an all black versus white-with-black-pants game almost every time i go to american airlines center.

Any news on the Stars jersey front? Is that alternate you were talking about last year ever going to see the light of day?

How? A majority of 3rd jerseys worn before they switched the home and road were coloured.

And it was a logistical headache for teams. If a home team wanted to wear an alternate then the road team, if on a road trip, would have to pack two sets of uniforms. Which is quite the hassle in hockey.

I grew up in the era of white at home, but I don't prefer it to darks at home. I'm pretty neutral on the matter from an aesthetic point of view. Given that the vast majority of alternates are dark, however, it makes more sense from a practical perspective to go with darks at home.

How? A majority of 3rd jerseys worn before they switched the home and road were coloured.

And it was a logistical headache for teams. If a home team wanted to wear an alternate then the road team, if on a road trip, would have to pack two sets of uniforms. Which is quite the hassle in hockey.

I grew up in the era of white at home, but I don't prefer it to darks at home. I'm pretty neutral on the matter from an aesthetic point of view. Given that the vast majority of alternates are dark, however, it makes more sense from a practical perspective to go with darks at home.

Its funny how the issue can change your perception of the jerseys themselves. When White jerseys were worn at home, I always thought they were infinitely superior to their dark counterparts. Then in 2003/04 it dawned on me that I was completely wrong the whole time. That year the Flames made the Stanley Cup Final and wearing those spectacular pre-edge's at home made too much sense.

I tend to prefer white at home, color away myself.

The whole little problem of alternates? Most teams in the NBA wear colored alternates on the road, so I don't see why that couldn't work.

A NBA unifrom is easier to ship than a NHL uniform and a NHL team has more players (and more equipment) than a NBA team.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Go white at home and stop having alternates. Most of them are bad.

14817_thisthis.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I tend to prefer white at home, color away myself.

The whole little problem of alternates? Most teams in the NBA wear colored alternates on the road, so I don't see why that couldn't work.

A NBA unifrom is easier to ship than a NHL uniform and a NHL team has more players (and more equipment) than a NBA team.

Could just wear an alternate for the duration of a road-trip, if it comes to that.

I know the Caps recently wore their white alts in consecutive games in a recent road swing. Certainly would take care of packing two different sets.

spacer.png

Archived