Template Update

andrewharrington

I've updated my template by switching out the side view of the pants for a 3/4 view that shows part of the back, something I'd wanted to do originally, but I just couldn't find the image I wanted. I also added some instructions to help users get the most out of it. I'm having trouble saving this down to other Illustrator versions and saving it as an .svg file, so I don't know what to tell you if you don't have CS3 or if you're using Inkscape (most of the features will probably only work in Illustrator anyway). Maybe someone who's downloaded it can try saving it down or converting it to .svg format.

Here is the latest Adobe Illustrator CS3 download, which has both the adidas TechFit football template and the Nike Pro Combat football template in it (check the layers).

As always, no guarantees on the functionality of anything in Inkscape. Here is the latest adidas TechFit .svg download, and here is the latest Nike Pro Combat .svg download.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's already been downloaded by 37 of you, but I couldn't stop tinkering. I added a pair of crew socks for college concepts and updated the pants a tiny bit. The link in the original post has been updated. So feel free to replace your file if you had already downloaded the previous one yesterday or this morning.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Excellent work once again. I love the update!

For Inkscape users: this version does work. Make sure you download it, import the file into Inkscape, and ungroup things. The file is rather large and several modifications need to be made to use in Inkscape, but it does work.

Thanks again Andrew!

Yes. Can anyone who downloaded the .svg of the last one comment on how well it worked, as opposed to those who just imported it straight into Inkscape as an .ai? I'm still having trouble getting it to save as an .svg, but maybe someone else could save it and post on MediaFire.

I can use it on inkscape but it's not exactly what i would call 'user friendly'

I'll stick to using the older version for now, but I must say, this one looks amazing!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

This template is awesome, the instructions are perfect, the layers are well-organized and the whole thing looks very professional. I'd love to see you do similar things with other sports templates (baseball comes to mind). Great work.

I'd love to do it. Absolutely love it. If I could generate a living creating great templates, researching the history of each sport's uniforms and putting them up on a website for all to see, I'd quit my day job in an instant. I think it could be done, given the amount of traffic it might generate and the advertising dollars that would inevitably come from that. I think it's also within the realm of possibility that I could sell licenses to the various Halls of Fame allowing them to use, display or publish the images, for example. But, until I finish documenting the history of NFL uniforms and test out the theory, I just can't move on to other sports. It just takes too much time and effort. I'd need a staff.

I'd love to do it. Absolutely love it. If I could generate a living creating great templates, researching the history of each sport's uniforms and putting them up on a website for all to see, I'd quit my day job in an instant. I think it could be done, given the amount of traffic it might generate and the advertising dollars that would inevitably come from that. I think it's also within the realm of possibility that I could sell licenses to the various Halls of Fame allowing them to use, display or publish the images, for example. But, until I finish documenting the history of NFL uniforms and test out the theory, I just can't move on to other sports. It just takes too much time and effort. I'd need a staff.

Sign me up ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted a large update to this template. It's pretty major, as I fixed a lot of little things. There is now an adidas TechFit template as well. Sorry to keep updating it so often, but this will be the last update for quite a while, and this is really the version you want to use, so replace your file if you've already downloaded previous versions of this template.

The links are in the original post. Enjoy.

Nah. I won't do multiple facemasks (they're the biggest pain in the ass of anything), but I do aim to get a Revo Speed going at some point, since that seems to be becoming a very popular helmet design. For now, I've got to go backward and translate this into historical templates for each decade. I won't be releasing those, but the work I'm doing on them is the main reason there won't be a new update for a while.

Archived