2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

FansEdge is now selling white versions of the ProCombat rivalry jerseys Boise State wore against Virginia Tech:

42-34176-F.jpg

These have never been worn on field, so I'm wondering whether Boise is switching over to that look full-time. Keep in mind, they've also got white versions of the ProCombat helmets in storage too. They're also continuing to sell the special Maaco Bowl uniforms as well, which I imagine would be the home uniforms under this scenario.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ew. No. As much as people dislike their current uniforms, I like them and I'd hate to see them switch over to this template full-time, especially if it means more appearances of the terrible one-sided helmet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Dang it Nike....

BoardgifsMichaelScottstop.gif

STOP THE CRAZINESS!!!

Aside from the use of grey, Boise's uniforms were actually just fine as they were. I don't know why Boise feels the need to change them again. I'm fine with Pro Combat designs beings used as one-offs, but there are some designs that full-time just don't work. This would definetely be one of them. LSU's Pro Combat (which BTW is still my favorite Pro Combat design)? Yes, that definetely works full-time. This one? Absolutely not.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Anyone else get a bad Cross Colours vibe off these style of jerseys?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Aside from the use of grey, Boise's uniforms were actually just fine as they were. I don't know why Boise feels the need to change them again. I'm fine with Pro Combat designs beings used as one-offs, but there are some designs that full-time just don't work. This would definetely be one of them. LSU's Pro Combat (which BTW is still my favorite Pro Combat design)? Yes, that definetely works full-time. This one? Absolutely not.

LSU's Pro Combat is awesome, but it'd be even better if they used the usual shades of purple and gold.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

LSU's Pro Combat is awesome, but it'd be even better if they used the usual shades of purple and gold.

I agree totally, it'd be perfect if they went with that.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Let me clear things up as best I can.

Nike chose Oregon, TCU, Boise and Florida to debut their new cleats: the Nike Zoom Alpha Talon. As part of that promotion, Nike designed new uniforms for those teams to wear during the bowls. Nike chose those teams long ago (or they wouldn't have picked Boise or Florida) so they didn't know if the teams would be home or away. As such, Nike had to design home and away uniforms for each team. These are the away uniforms Boise would have worn.

Oregon's home uniforms were dark grey and TCU's road uniform was white with purple frog skin numbers.

As far as I know, these were just for the bowls. But I also know Nike has anothing special uniform for TCU planned for next season (and probably Boise as well), so Nike could just use the bowl uniforms the teams didn't use. That is what some that attended the Nike Football Summitt think.

Nike could also be doing what they did for basketball last year where some teams (Texas, MSU, etc) got versions of the jerseys they would wear next season, this season before the tournament.

Here is the full version of Boise's bowl uniform if they were the road team:

5365356345_67478f05d4_b.jpg

Here is Oregon's jersey if they were the home team:

FF_593584ALT1_xl.jpg

Here is TCU's jersey if they were the road team:

gametimeusa_2138_147490098.jpg

FF_593584ALT1_xl.jpg

Damn, Oregon should have been the home team. That's much better than the abomination they actually wore.

Also, that TCU jersey looks terrible.

Here is the full version of Boise's bowl uniform if they were the road team:

5365356345_67478f05d4_b.jpg

FF_593584ALT1_xl.jpg

Here is TCU's jersey if they were the road team:

gametimeusa_2138_147490098.jpg

Oregon: Wow, that actually would've looked pretty good. I think I'm going crazy.

Boise & TCU: Thank you, tiny, 8 lb 7 oz baby Jesus that they weren't the road team in their respective bowls. I loved what TCU pulled out for the Rose Bowl, but that white jersey would've been abysmal with the white sleeve numbers. And Boise...no, just no. Like Kevin, I actually like what they have now, and if they did decide to change to what's in this thread it'd be a massive downgrade.

Oregon: Wow, that actually would've looked pretty good. I think I'm going crazy.

Boise & TCU: Thank you, tiny, 8 lb 7 oz baby Jesus that they weren't the road team in their respective bowls. I loved what TCU pulled out for the Rose Bowl, but that white jersey would've been abysmal with the white sleeve numbers. And Boise...no, just no. Like Kevin, I actually like what they have now, and if they did decide to change to what's in this thread it'd be a massive downgrade.

I wonder if the sleeve numbers where white because on the real jersey they would have had purple cap sleeves?

just for comparisons sake, just be glad that Boise uses grey, white on there current unis looks ugly

ProCombatPaint-1.png

Are you talking about the trim, or actual jerseys? I hate the grey uniforms they wore vs. VT.

Probably because he posted a T-Shirt rather than the jersey

I'm well aware that it's a t-shirt, but the jersey probably would have followed that design and that would have looked terrible.

Also, that's my Boise State picture. Huzzah!

Probably because he posted a T-Shirt rather than the jersey

I'm well aware that it's a t-shirt, but the jersey probably would have followed that design and that would have looked terrible.

Also, that's my Boise State picture. Huzzah!

It's pretty plain. What about it would have looked terrible?

Which Boise picture is yours? Were you at the Nike Football Summitt?

Archived