Super Bowl XLVI logo rough draft?

sportsfan0518

You know if we all feel this strongly about the logo system being a bad idea, why not just start a letter writing campaign and/or petition to the league letting them know?

I don't really think they'd care.

By the way, the fanmade sb46 logo was taken off wikipedia

You are very dumb

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XLV has come and gone, and still no sign of next year's Super Bowl logo. This is very unusual. Is it do to the possibility of a lockout next year, which would cancel Super Bowl XLVI alltogether? -- or, just maybe, the NFL rethinking it's 'standard' Super Bowl logo idea?... :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

Super Bowl XLV has come and gone, and still no sign of next year's Super Bowl logo. This is very unusual. Is it do to the possibility of a lockout next year, which would cancel Super Bowl XLVI alltogether? -- or, just maybe, the NFL rethinking it's 'standard' Super Bowl logo idea?... :therock:

I think it's either these two reasons:

A.) The lockout reason you mentioned..

or

B.) It's just going to look the same, so everyone gets the idea.

bSLCtu2.png

I know I keep mentioning it, without any proof, but they originally had an option for a horizontal logo that was later removed. Finally, here it is:

xlvlogo.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I know I keep mentioning it, without any proof, but they originally had an option for a horizontal logo that was later removed. Finally, here it is:

xlvlogo.png

That looks so much better, it's still not good, but it's better than the one they went with. The logo they chose is too tall without any width to balance it out.

Also, something about the idea that a logo is apart of a system that will look the same every year took away some of the special feeling about that particular super bowl. Part of what was great was each game had their own special logo. It just made it seem even bigger. I didn't like the idea when I first heard it and I don't like it now. It's not like they even chose a good logo to use every year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

xlvlogo.png

That looks so much better, it's still not good, but it's better than the one they went with. The logo they chose is too tall without any width to balance it out.

Also, something about the idea that a logo is apart of a system that will look the same every year took away some of the special feeling about that particular super bowl. Part of what was great was each game had their own special logo. It just made it seem even bigger. I didn't like the idea when I first heard it and I don't like it now. It's not like they even chose a good logo to use every year.

I don't like the idea either but if it's the way it's gonna be, I think the vertical logo would only be acceptable with the stadium in the background. This new horizonal logo would definitely look better on the uniforms.

Zach.

They didn't even bother customizing the backdrop this time.

:censored: you Roger Goodell; :censored: you. :cursing:

No, they did. Indianapolis is just that bleak and gray.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I thought they would at least add some little change to it. Maybe the red and blue stars on each side, maybe make it horzontal like Andrewharrington said, but no.

The horizontal logo was in the original style guide as an option for cases where the height of the logo would have been so small that the vertical logo would have been unreadable, but they removed the horizontal option and updated the style guide, instead instructing designers to use large 'SUPER BOWL' text to supplement the tiny vertical logo in such cases.

I imagine they aren't showing a logo with the stadium in the background because they didn't really use it on anything this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even have a logo option with the stadium going forward. Is it just me, or is the whole purpose of going to a single logo format for all subsequent games undermined by having two versions of the logo?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They didn't even bother customizing the backdrop this time.

:censored: you Roger Goodell; :censored: you. :cursing:

You do realize Lucas Oil will be in the back later, right?

I dunno. It might, but it seems like that idea faded away the closer they got to the super bowl. I think we'll get just the one logo for XLVI

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived