Teams with one logo?

KJHillis

I was watching NHL highlights and the Blues came up and they were walking throught their tunnel which was covered with their famous blue note. I could not think of any other logo or even wordmark associated with the team and sure enough CC agrees.

Are there any other teams like this? I went to Clemson briefly and i thought they overused the paw a lot for the football team.

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching NHL highlights and the Blues came up and they were walking throught their tunnel which was covered with their famous blue note. I could not think of any other logo or even wordmark associated with the team and sure enough CC agrees.

Are there any other teams like this? I went to Clemson briefly and i thought they overused the paw a lot for the football team.

The Packers have a wordmark and use the "Heisman" logo on throwback merch, but the oval-G is the only official "current" logo.

Are you asking about teams who have had one primary logo their entire existence, or teams that don't even have a secondary logo and never have. The Blues used the trumpet logo when Gretzky and Hull played for them in the mid 90s.

Flyers, and currently the Sabres.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Colts.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What about the Chicago Bears? I believe they've always had that C-logo for their entire existence. It used to be all white until they added orange to it (strictly the helmet logo), but it's stayed the same, so I'm not sure you'd call that much of a change.

chicago-bears-logo.gif

6uXNWAo.png

Flyers, and currently the Sabres.

Not exactly...

The Flyers had that stupid metallic logo for their orange 3rds a while ago, and they have two different versions of the winged-P logo in use at the same time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If we're talking in team history then you have to take out both the Habs and Wings. They've had a lot of logos.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

There are no NHL teams that have had only one logo for their entire history. Even the Devils changed the colours of their logo.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Are we not counting this for St. Louis?

Bluessecondary.gif

No, because that would mean having to acknowledge the existence of a certain abortion of a third jersey based on that logo. :P

You mean this? :P

656479404_e6fa07acfe_o.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived