When Nike Takes over the CFL

agentrygraphics

Building upon everyone's NFL pro combat, I got inspired to mock up this rough "What if?" idea. So I present the Nike Pro Combat CFL.

Up first is the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

I tried to blend a flat black helmet, jersey, and pants with a rich black side panels on the jersey and pants.

C&C welcome, rest of the league to follow...hopefully this will open up some more concepts from everyone.

Hamilton.jpg

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next is the Edmonton Eskimos. The jersey is inspired by their 1965 throwbacks which they wore in 2009. As seen here:

RetroLaunch0557.jpg

I'm trying to not go TOO far off the deep end with these concepts. I'm trying to show how you can make Pro Combat look classy.

EDMONTON.jpg

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Up next is Toronto.

Features:

-Boat Logo on Sleeve

- "1873" at base of neck, signifying Toronto being the oldest sports team in North America (via wikipedia)

- Thicker "A" in the shield to stand out.

toronto.jpg

DAMMIT. YOU TOOK MY IDEA.

Nah man, the first two look really good.

raysox...post what you got, or claim some and post 'em to this thread. It doesn't have to be all about my concepts...I opened this up for everyone.

Everything looks pretty cool so far. The only suggestions I have would be to try gold or white pants with Hamilton, and to lose the tiger striped socks.

The Hamilton Tiger Cats are North America's oldest pro sports team being founded in 1869 the Toronto Argonauts are the 2nd oldest .

Kind of. The Hamilton Tigers were founded in 1869. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats didn't come into being until 1950 when they merged with the Hamilton Flying Wildcats.

Everything looks pretty cool so far. The only suggestions I have would be to try gold or white pants with Hamilton, and to lose the tiger striped socks.

The Hamilton Tiger Cats are North America's oldest pro sports team being founded in 1869 the Toronto Argonauts are the 2nd oldest .

Kind of. The Hamilton Tigers were founded in 1869. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats didn't come into being until 1950 when they merged with the Hamilton Flying Wildcats.

Good suggestion. Yeah...those tiger socks seemed like a good idea at the time. I'll update them tomorrow.

Love the fact that you brought back Jason for the Argos (suck) helmets. Ti-Cats also need a wordmark or logo for above the numbers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Love it. I'm actually huge on the gold version of the Eskies jersey. I would love to see them use those colours full-time, as it sits they get way too much heat from being a Packers knock off.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Love it. I'm actually huge on the gold version of the Eskies jersey. I would love to see them use those colours full-time, as it sits they get way too much heat from being a Packers knock off.

the eskies were wearing green and gold before the packers if what my dad tells me is true

EDIT: According to what a quick web search told me, the eskimos adopted the University of Alberta colours (green and gold) in the 1949 season and the packers didn't introduce green into their colour scheme which was navy and yellow until the following year in 1950

Alright everyone...here's the updated Ti-Cats.

Features:

-Tiger socks are dropped in favor of gold.

- New number font

- Gold Side Panneling

- Flat black/rich black colors stay.

Hamilton2.jpg

Here are the Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Features:

-Inspired by the royal blue bombers of the 80s and 90s

-Return of the Block "W"

- Nod to present day uniforms with the shoulder stripes.

WINNIPEG.jpg

Here are the white-helmeted Montreal Alouettes.

Features:

- Cleaned up jerseys.

- Black is gone from color scheme

- White helmets (tough to tell from pic)

- Helmet stripe pattern = Red-Silver-Blue-Silver-Red on a white helmet

- Silver used as an accent rather than black

- Red side panels continue down the entire jersey, one continuous thickness.

montreal.jpg

Archived