Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

TA-DA, the new TB Lightning Logos that were unveiled today. Simple & Clean IMO - I hope our TB fans like 'em. Chris Creamer also has them posted on the Logo Site.

Crest

tblnewlogo.jpg

TBnewlogo.gif

Shoulder Patch

shoulderpatchtbl.jpg

Jerseys

jersey-home-1200.jpg

jersey-away-1200.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The throwback one looks like the "Red Car" company logo with the little lightning bolts. I like it though.

The other ones look too much like a generic superheroes logo. Also, they needed to keep the extra colors.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Tampa Bay Maple Leafs?

The crest looks pretty cool, but it reminds me of Power Rangers. The shoulder crest looks nice, but it also looks like it came from the '60s or something. On the whole, it's all one big snoozapalooza.

I mean really--who they think they foolin' here? This team was birthed in 1992. It ain't no old franchise. And I'm a little perturbed at the trend of newer NHL teams trying to go "vintage". There ain't a thing "vintage" about a team named the Lightning. And isn't there already a NHL team that "owns" the blue and white look--an original six team, at that?

Ehh...ain't like that many people pay much attention to them anyways, so whateva. /rant

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There's a discussion going on elsewhere about these, but I'll keep this open since a major unveiling like this deserves its own thread.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible for 25% of people on this board (or a majority of the general pop.) to like a sports identity, no matter what it is. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think the main problem is the fact that the lightning bolt's oval. I don't like it one bit.

Personally I like the shoulder patch a lot more.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I see there is a trend here to start knocking posters "who never like anything." Well, please defend this rather than ripping those of us that don't like it. I'm open minded. Three lightning logos on one jersey (that don't match), the addition of a played-out circle logo, using the color scheme of a historic team (inspired by a player from another). Those are my three strikes. And it's not like the Lightning have no history. They did win a Stanley Cup.

Again, please enlighten me. I'm not sure this is the set to draw the line in the sand for. (For the record, I mourned the loss of green but liked the simplification of their baseball neighbors a few years back.)

These are just plain horrible. I like the traditional simplicity of the Leafs and Wings, but these are far too forced and look very amateurish to me. The circle logo is the worst part. With a few striping tweaks, Tampa Bay's current thirds would have been a much more solid way to go. Stevie, Why!?!

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived