Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

Nope. Everyone seems to be using the new one, even the team and league in some applications. They just cant make it "official" until after the season.

Logo this good, you can't blame them for not wanting to wait.

My uneducated guess is that the team is free to tell local marketers and media outlets what logo they wish to have represent them, but "official" NHL produced material will have the old one until next season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get to find out in the enxt game if Tampa is wearing the BOLTS alt for the playoffs. I hope they don't, because I want them to win the cup wearing black. Just to create a "winning culture" or whatever the owner was talking about.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

We get to find out in the enxt game if Tampa is wearing the BOLTS alt for the playoffs. I hope they don't, because I want them to win the cup wearing black.

Their goaltending couldn't win a red Solo cup.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We get to find out in the enxt game if Tampa is wearing the BOLTS alt for the playoffs. I hope they don't, because I want them to win the cup wearing black.

Their goaltending couldn't win a red Solo cup.

Roloson has essentially the same SV%/GAA as Ryan Miller

2IA3b.png

We get to find out in the enxt game if Tampa is wearing the BOLTS alt for the playoffs. I hope they don't, because I want them to win the cup wearing black. Just to create a "winning culture" or whatever the owner was talking about.

Even if they go with the BOLTS alternate they still run the risk of winning the Cup in what's soon going to be an outdated look. Which is fine with me. The new look will seem even more pointless when the pictures of all of their Cup wins have them wearing black and silver in addition to blue and white.

If Tampa Bay REALLY wanted to do this early unveiling right they would have payed whatever fine they needed to pay to just wear the new gear for the remainder of the season.

Even if they go with the BOLTS alternate they still run the risk of winning the Cup in what's soon going to be an outdated look. Which is fine with me. They'll new look will seem even more pointless when the pictures of all of their Cup wins have them wearing black and silver in addition to blue and white.

If Tampa Bay REALLY wanted to do this early unveiling right they would have payed whatever fine they needed to pay to just wear the new gear for the remainder of the season.

The stanley cup being raised in the "BOLTS" jersey would be an atrocity. I doubt the hockey gods will allow it.

Even if they go with the BOLTS alternate they still run the risk of winning the Cup in what's soon going to be an outdated look. Which is fine with me. They'll new look will seem even more pointless when the pictures of all of their Cup wins have them wearing black and silver in addition to blue and white.

I'm with you. They unveiled early so they'd have time to adjust. They adjusted. So they should just come out and wear them in the playoffs. Would the referees not let the take the ice? Of course not. The league would fine them a bunch of money, so they just pay it and move on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why they haven't alludes me. There is precedent for switching looks mid season or for the playoffs. The Leafs first wore their 1967-70 sweaters during the 1966-67 playoffs. The Islanders, if I remember correctly, dropped the fisherman logo during the 1996-97 season and replaced him with the traditional Isles crest. So why Tampa Bay hasn't followed suit, when they've done everything they could to promote the new identity over the old, baffles me.

Half-a$$itude at its best.

Why they haven't alludes me. There is precedent for switching looks mid season or for the playoffs. The Leafs first wore their 1967-70 sweaters during the 1966-67 playoffs. The Islanders, if I remember correctly, dropped the fisherman logo during the 1996-97 season and replaced him with the traditional Isles crest. So why Tampa Bay hasn't followed suit, when they've done everything they could to promote the new identity over the old, baffles me.

Half-a$$itude at its best.

Not quite. For the 1996/97 season the Islanders unveiled two alternate jerseys with the traditional logo (albeit in new colours) and they wore those as often as the league would allow but the fisherman crested jerseys still saw action.

Hey all, I just saw this the other day, but according to the 2011-12 Reebok NHL merchandise guide, "Bolts" is gone next year.

I really hope you are right. The "Sens" and "Bolts" jerseys are probably among the top of a long list of awful ideas by Reebok.

Hey all, I just saw this the other day, but according to the 2011-12 Reebok NHL merchandise guide, "Bolts" is gone next year.

Strange, becuase originally it was said that it would remain with some minor tweaks (ie. matching up the new logos)

Archived