Washington Capitals Alternate jersey

nash61

CapsAlt.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was thinking about this last night. Perfect. I mean execution could be a lot better, but still nice work.

How so?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was thinking about this last night. Perfect. I mean execution could be a lot better, but still nice work.

How so?

I think the stars are too grainy/pixaly along with the collar.

Yeah, I agree. That's just what I got from the template, though. The stars that I used were from the Winter Classic jersey in Paint User's Paradise.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

How so?

Yeah, I agree. That's just what I got from the template, though. The stars that I used were from the Winter Classic jersey in Paint User's Paradise.

ahh. maybe I could give it a shot using illustrator and a better template? is there even a illustrator hockey template?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

How so?

ahh. maybe I could give it a shot using illustrator and a better template? is there even a illustrator hockey template?

I don't think so. I use Photoshop for mine. That's what I'm used to. I suck at Illustrator.

By all means go for it. Just credit me for the idea. Can't wait to see what you can mash out.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

How so?

You're using Illustrator and you're asking for an Illustrator template? If there isn't one, or one you like, make one. If you want one of a player, then pm your email address and I'll give you my Luc Robitaille one.

A couple of small critiques:

? I agree that putting a little more space between the stars and stripes would be beneficial. That fact that they are almost touching is not ideal.

? I think you should make the stripes a five stripe pattern. The US flag has an odd number of stripes and a five stripe pattern would mirror that better.

I do, however really like the use of the Weagle as the crest. Good concept.

• 5 months later...

I finally got around to updating this. I couldn't add the space between the stars and stripes that you guys suggested because it was tight with the numbers already.

I cleaned up the stars, and I added a fifth stripe.

WSHcopy.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not bad at all

Maybe consider making the stars alternate from red to white... as sort of a homage to the original uniforms.

I was kinda trying to pay homage to something else.

1599-6929.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived