Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

This is the best concept I think you will see. This is about a 99/100. epper nailed it.

bills2011.png

They won't be wearing white shoes.

And I doubt the 1970's socks make a return either (unless they are worn with the blue pants).

This isn't going to be a throwback uniform, folks.

Correct, perhaps, but how are you in a position to state that as a fact?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like the Bills with the white helmet. I believe they should keep the red helmet; the AFC East already has two teams (the Jets and Dolphins) with white helmets. If anything just go back the the basic Red,White and Blue team colors; loose the navy and the nickle (silver).

Irony here is that when the Bills went to the red helmet in 1984, the team rep was quoted in the Toronto Star stating that this change would distinguish the Bills from all the other white helmet teams in the division (Pats, Colts, Fins). At the time only the Jets had a colored helmet.

Hawk ... the currently charging BUFFALO is staying ....... they made that clear with one of the few things they have told us.

Also, the images about your post. They're not going to use 2 shades of blue for the jerseys and pants.

The pants (if blue) for the road games will match the shade of blue on those jerseys

Not sure about the stripes. I like sleeve stripes in general, but of course there are few sleeves to put them on any more and they look pretty ridiculous on today's cuts. Just wonder if any new design should really just use a sleeve logo.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

pizzaman - i did make some minor changes to that logo for a previous concept, but cant remember how much i changed it. i remember i didnt really finish it though, so it might be a bit rough

i think the red vs white helmet is a good discussion, becuase a football teams most important identity piece is the helmet. im sure its something the Bills and their designers have given a lot of thought too. im a fan of the "3 piece" look as i call it, having the helmet, jersey, and pants different colors (think Falcons or Browns). but i dont think it works for the Bills; its just not pleasing to me. especially with the light blue, it may be close to the Colts, but i do like the white helmet/pants with blue jersey look and think that is the most eye pleasing thing they could do. the cold colors go well with their environment as well; like the blue and white are just perfectly in place in the northern NY weather.

still, the red helmet will be tough to give up. and its the color of red they have that makes it unique, its not just another red helmet. no ones confusing it with KC or Washington. and thats something thats hard to do in sports today, have an original color. ultimately i think they've made the right choice and gone with what is better rather than what is just unique. you can never go wrong with a white or black helmet IMO. yes, you want to be different from your division rivals, but this uniform wont be a problem. no one will confuse them for any other team. plus, there is some great brand, in the truest sense of the word, associated with the white and light blue. the fans will love this look.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

heres my concept based on what we've heard so far. im really expecting those "buffalo stripes" to make a comeback

15cyjb8.png

Did you put a horn on top of a horn?

I think it's great, but I'd prefer the red helmets.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

heres my concept based on what we've heard so far. im really expecting those "buffalo stripes" to make a comeback

15cyjb8.png

I'd be very surprised if they go with navy pants. I'd say they'd have to be royal blue.

Its a modernized throwback look.

Those look pretty good. Of course just about anything they come up with is going to look better then what they were wearing.

15cyjb8.png

These look good. While I recognize the tradition of the stripes, the only think that I can add is that you could do a U of Florida thing with the stripes to make them match better across helmet, jersey, and pants. For example, you could use a stripe pattern on both home and away jersey that goes red-white-royal-red-royal-white-red, with thin navy outlines on the outside and inside of the royal stripes.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

15cyjb8.png

These are pretty nice. I agree about the navy pants. If they go with coloured road pants, I guarantee they'll be royal.

Also just a couple tweaks: you have the strokes on the road uni numbers reversed on the front and back (royal-red-navy & royal-navy-red). Front looks better. The blue home socks should also be white from about 2/3rds down.

Well, obviously it didn't work if one of those five teams changed their helmet due to a quarterback's inability to pick out his own receivers in divisional games.

So did the Jets. Didn't help them either. Jerseys are larger than helmets. And of course the quarterback is supposed to know where his receivers are going, whereas the defense has to react to where the receivers are going. So I think the helmet color decision should be based on aesthetics and not whether one QB can't figure out where his own receivers are.

Packers-2.png

This is the best concept I think you will see. This is about a 99/100. epper nailed it.

bills2011.png

They won't be wearing white shoes.

Why not? They were much better in the '70s and '80s. The black shoe thing only means it's easy to see that a receiver doing the sideline tightrope is out of bounds. And black shoes make the wearers look slow and unathletic. (Well, maybe the Bills ARE slow and unathletic ...)

Packers-2.png

Archived