Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only way the red helmet looks good IMO is if you introduced red pants. One concept here had red pants with the blue jersey which I thought was kind of cool, and definitely unusual.

That was my concept! (Though I'm sure I wasn't the only person to think of it.) Yeah, I thought it would be novel to be so colorful while using conventional royal and red.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hmm... how about a nickel helmet?

If it's done right I think that would look great.

Mocked this up in paint.

bills_nickel.png

I must say I like it even if it violates my "only the Cowboys, Raiders and Lions may use silver shells" rule.

Hmm... how about a nickel helmet?

If it's done right I think that would look great.

Mocked this up in paint.

bills_nickel.png

I must say I like it even if it violates my "only the Cowboys, Raiders and Lions may use silver shells" rule.

Not bad, not bad at all. I like it.

BB52Big.jpg

Patriots light? That would be my concern. Looks good on its own though.

That's why I went with the blue facemask. Although to be fair, the Bills were using silver shells long before the Pats.

1962Fleer18Atkins.jpg

That's because they bought the Lions' surplus to get started. But of course, the entire NFL uniform catalogue can be traced back to the Detroit Lions.

I read your post then left the thread and then returned to see that you edited out "scheduling pants". I got a solid laugh out of it. CCSLC memes are always fun. We need more of them.

You also could've gone with a brotherhood of the traveling pants joke.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Um...

what?

<shrug> Those are the only teams that have ever looked right in silver shells to me.

Two silver helmets and two white helmets is hardly better than one silver helmet and three white helmets.

Does the NFL have some sort of divisional helmet color quota that we're not aware of? What about the AFC North? Two orange, two black. Is that against the rules too? :P

BB52Big.jpg

Beyond stating that the Patriots look good in a silver helmet, I would prefer the Bills to have a white helmet, simply because it works with the mock-up of the possible designs they might choose. A silver/nickel-colored helmet would take away from their overall identity, and once again leave most Bills fans asking "why in the hell can't they get it right for once?"

Two silver helmets and two white helmets is hardly better than one silver helmet and three white helmets.

Does the NFL have some sort of divisional helmet color quota that we're not aware of? What about the AFC North? Two orange, two black. Is that against the rules too? :P

Not a quota, but it just looks boring if every team in a division has similar-colored helmets.

I think the Browns should wear a brown helmet and the Ravens could pull off a purple helmet.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And of course, all three of those teams use different metallic colors for their helmets. Not one is the same as another.

Archived