Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

The league will not allow the Bills to move to Canada... Period. Nor would the CFL Argos just lay down & die without years of nasty legalities. LA maybe, but not likely. They have lost 2 teams in the last 20 years, Hows that for a "cash cow" - The Buffalo Bills are not just a team they're a historic franchise!!!

The very definition of naïve.

agreed...one only needs to look at cleveland for a history lesson as to what can happen to a team with a rich history and a strong fan base...people often lose sight to the fact that these franchises are indeed businesses and are loyal to making money.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The league will not allow the Bills to move to Canada... Period. Nor would the CFL Argos just lay down & die without years of nasty legalities. LA maybe, but not likely. They have lost 2 teams in the last 20 years, Hows that for a "cash cow" - The Buffalo Bills are not just a team they're a historic franchise!!!

Realistic. Which part did you have an issue with?

- Do you honestly believe the Bills are going to Move to Toronto? The last time an American football league tried to come to Canada, the PM actually set forward legislatue making it Illegal to compete with the CFL - See Toronto Northmen/Memphis Southmen.

- Has LA not lost 2 teams in the last 20 years? Am I mistaken? The only reason LA is even being considered is beacause of TV money. However if the games don't sell out then you get blackouts (an issue the Jags have now). Hence No TV Money!!! If anyone goes to CA it will be the Jags, not the Bills - and I dont imagine it'll last long. Moooo!!!

- How many potential owners are going to step up to stop the Jags from Leaving JAX? None! because in the eyes of JAX they are Just a Team!!! Not a Franchise connected deeply to the city's sports history...hence historic franchise!!!

canada.png

- Do you honestly believe the Bills are going to Move to Toronto? The last time an American football league tried to come to Canada, the PM actually set forward legislatue making it Illegal to compete with the CFL - See Toronto Northmen/Memphis Southmen.

- Has LA not lost 2 teams in the last 20 years? Am I mistaken? The only reason LA is even being considered is beacause of TV money. However if the games don't sell out then you get blackouts (an issue the Jags have now). Hence No TV Money!!! If anyone goes to CA it will be the Jags, not the Bills - and I dont imagine it'll last long. Moooo!!!

- How many potential owners are going to step up to stop the Jags from Leaving JAX? None! because in the eyes of JAX they are Just a Team!!! Not a Franchise connected deeply to the city's sports history...hence historic franchise!!!

I applaud your passion and let me preface this by saying I too hope the Bills stay in Buffalo. That said, the NFL has made it their mission to move two teams into L.A. I believe the Chargers are their main target, and I am not sure who the second team would be, it could be the Jaguars, the Vikings or the Bills. The historical aspect is a non-factor IMO, just ask the cities of Cleveland, Oakland, Houston, Baltimore, and even L.A. about "historical". Hell, an argument could be made about Minnesota and San Diego having "historical" significance in regards to their NFL franchises too. If history has taught us anything it's that any franchise can move anywhere at anytime - the courts have backed this up, and it has also taught us that NFL ownership is all about the dollar. In the end that's what it will be about, the almighty dollar.

If I could wave a magic wand I'd hope that expansion happened for L.A. and that all the teams stay put where they're at. But I don't think that's how it's going to go down, cities will lose existing franchises to L.A.

Yes, LA lost 2 teams because of inadequate stadiums. For years, both the Rams and Radiers (in Oakland too) asked and asked for new stadiums. LA and state politicians refused to fund a new stadium with taxpayers' money. So they packed up and moved out.

Today, a new stadium is ready to be built with 100% private fundings. All they need is a green light from a NFL team ready to move.

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

It's highly unlikely the Bills will move there. But Toronto... maybe. Chargers and Jaguars have a 50/50 chance of moving to LA. Vikings will get a new stadium in Minnesota.

yeah I would never consider the Bills a "historic franchise"? The only thing they are know for is 4 strait superbowl losses and Jim Kelly...I'd have to say that Buffalo and Jacksonville are the two weakest fan bases in the NFL, so it wouldn't be too bad to see them move

We're NOT Jacksonville, we've always supported the BILLS during good and bad times. All thru the losing years like in the 2000's, late 90's, mid 80's, and early 70's that team has been supported.

The Toronto deals brings in as much revenue in that 1 game as does the other 7 home games combined.

Your numbers are off. The Bills received $78 million for the 8 Toronto games, averaging $9.75 million per game. They average somewhere around $4 million at RWS. The Toronto deal brings in more than double the revenue, but nowhere near 7 times as much.

Also, attendance was pretty bad in the mid-80s, but then again so was the team. The Bills won 8 games total from 1984-1986. The 90s were the Bills' golden era (NFL version), making the playoffs every year except '94 and '97.

Not that common sense ever matters in these instances but my best guess would be the Bills would not be going to LA.

To me it would make the most sense for the Jags to make the move. Their city can't support the team and had a really tough time with the Super Bowl. They seem to be the weakest link of the 32 and ripe for a move that would improve the league as a whole. Moving the Bills, or the Chargers, or Vikings, doesn't improve the balance. Moving the Jags does.

Not sure what relocation has to do with a new uniform....

I don't know if this was mentioned because I kind of stopped paying attention once all the "Bills are moving!!" - "no they're not!!!" - "yes they are!!" garbage started, but it was confirmed on Uniwatch that the new helmet will be white, and that there will be at least a little navy in the mix.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The 2002-2010 set just needed to be simplified a bit. Get rid of the side panels, reduce the number of helmet stripes (maybe completely get rid of the nickel all together) and those uniforms would have been great. The shoulder yoke looked superb, and I'm disappointed that they scrapped the entire set instead of toning it down.

Yes, LA lost 2 teams because of inadequate stadiums. For years, both the Rams and Radiers (in Oakland too) asked and asked for new stadiums. LA and state politicians refused to fund a new stadium with taxpayers' money. So they packed up and moved out.

Today, a new stadium is ready to be built with 100% private fundings. All they need is a green light from a NFL team ready to move.

It's highly unlikely the Bills will move there. But Toronto... maybe. Chargers and Jaguars have a 50/50 chance of moving to LA. Vikings will get a new stadium in Minnesota.

a stadium deal in los angeles is anything but a done deal...just because someone pitches a project does not mean that it will even be close to getting done...I live in the city now and between the nfl labor issues, lack of ownership agreement, weak financing environment and city politics this is still very much a pipe dream...having grown up in the bay area between the all of the pro sports teams there have been at least a dozen failed stadium plans... :censored: I'm pretty sure the 1st 9ers stadium proposal was approved 20 years ago and look how fat that has gone.

In all my years of computer and typewriter usage, I don't think I've come close to using this many exclamation points cumulatively, never mind in a single post.

Use periods, son. Overuse of exclamation points makes you look like a jackass.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

thats a different stadium than Farmers Field, does that mean that theres two stadiums being built or this one got cancelled?

spacer.png

spacer.png

There was a lot more to the Rams leaving than just an inadequate stadium.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

thats a different stadium than Farmers Field, does that mean that theres two stadiums being built or this one got cancelled?

Both are in progress. The downtown one is newer, so it's a couple years behind the City of Industry plan, which is almost ready to go. Whichever group gets a team first will proceed, and the other plan will be scrapped.

And yes, guest23, while nothing is done until it's done, an LA stadium is about as close to a done deal as possible. The Industry plan just needs a team, and I think we can all agree that LA will have one of those pretty soon.

Both are in progress. The downtown one is newer, so it's a couple years behind the City of Industry plan, which is almost ready to go. Whichever group gets a team first will proceed, and the other plan will be scrapped.

And yes, guest23, while nothing is done until it's done, an LA stadium is about as close to a done deal as possible. The Industry plan just needs a team, and I think we can all agree that LA will have one of those pretty soon.

couldn't disagree more...do either of these deals have cash in hand to build?..nope..in addition both majestic and aeg need an ownership stake in a team in order for their plans to pencil out...which of the potential relocation teams is looking to sell?..the beauty of the nfl leveraging los angeles move was that an existing owner would get to move the team themselves and reap the financial reward of a new stadium, not sell a major equity position of their franchise to a la based ownership group...in addition the market value of a la based franchise immediately goes up in value giving all the leverage to the current owner...neither roski or aeg can afford to pay a significant premium for an ownership stake because the deal no longer will make financial sense.

with all that being said things are still very very far from inevitable...the 49ers were finally able to beat santa clara into a tax giveaway for a shovel ready stadium and franchise in hand...within a month jed york had to announce a 2 year delay in construction due inability to secure financing.

In all my years of computer and typewriter usage, I don't think I've come close to using this many exclamation points cumulatively, never mind in a single post.

Use periods, son. Overuse of exclamation points makes you look like a jackass.

After all, it's "Top of the Muffin To You", not "Top of the Muffin... TO YOU!" :D

(Please tell me someone gets that reference.)

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

As for the relocation issue, if the Bills move, it will be to Toronto after Wilson dies (I do think that'll eventually happen). The Jaguars are the most obvious candidate for an LA relocation, IMO, with the Rams another good possibility.

Also, I sort of think that AEG has a handshake agreement in place with an NFL team to move to Farmers Field if/when it is built. The ball is really moving on that proposal, and while there's serval teams that would jump at a Downtown LA stadium (thus meaning they could start construction without a team in place and be perfectly fine), they could very well have a basic framework in place for a team to relocate there already. If that's the case, it's almost certainly not the Bills.

(And even if that's not the case, they want Farmers Field occupied by 2015. I'd don't think the Bills will be able to move before then, because I'd be shocked if Ralph Wilson lets that team move for as long as he's alive.)

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Can you douchebags argue about stadiums, relocation, and reel-line-mint over in one of the other forums so we can talk about uniforms and logos?

Seriously, shut the hell up.

!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can you douchebags argue about stadiums, relocation, and reel-line-mint over in one of the other forums so we can talk about uniforms and logos?

Seriously, shut the hell up.

!!!

AMEN!!! you wanto to takl about stadiums go to the sportsingeneral thread

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived