Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

I kind of liked the red helmet to be honest. Now the chiefs will be the only team in the league to have one.

Wow, I never thought about that! One red helmet in the whole NFL, that's crazy! I would have guessed way more than 2 right now, for some reason.

By the way, what was wrong with these?

nfl_g_kelly2_260.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of liked the red helmet to be honest. Now the chiefs will be the only team in the league to have one.

Wow, I never thought about that! One red helmet in the whole NFL, that's crazy! I would have guessed way more than 2 right now, for some reason.

By the way, what was wrong with these?

nfl_g_kelly2_260.jpg

The helmet is red. Before you get mad, it's just my opinion, I never liked the red helmet coupled with the blue jersey. IMO, just change that helmet to white with a blue facemask and you have a winner.

Oh,and I never liked the striping on the red helmets, the white/red/blue/red/white looked weird to me, I like the triple striping to be a little more compressed.

I threw this together:

BuffaloBills_PropHRS1_12.png

I have absolutely no insight as to what is going to happen, but maybe something like this?

And no, I don't like those helmet stripes either.

I really like this, but these changes sound like what Detroit did to their old Lions logo when they just added trim to it. Sure the helmet is an upgrade over the 7 stripes they have now. Like the UniWatch source said..."It is what it is...an upgrade for sure"

Nope .... BILLS will most likely be returning back to the 1976-1983 helmet from the little info that was leaked

In '82 and '83 before the red helmet came, the charging Buffalo was made a bit bigger, we'll probably be going with that.

Goodbye midnight blue jerseys, and welcome back Colbalt Blue .....

p-179026-buffalo-bills-1976-1983-throwback-riddell-full-size-authentic-proline-footb-cs-rd-billstb-a76-83.jpg

What makes you think that they're going to invert the colors on their logo?

The fact that it looks much better this way with the navy outline and a red buffalo plays into the whole "incorporate the teams storied history while maintaining the signature charging buffalo logo" thing.

I guess we shall see come draft day.

I get what you're saying about incorporating the team's history by using a red buffalo, but IMO your design really isn't a very appealing way of doing it. I could see maybe a solid red buffalo sans motion line, but not an inverted logo. IMO their current logo has reached iconic status, while the old logo has charming-nostalgic status.

I threw this together:

BuffaloBills_PropHRS1_12.png

I have absolutely no insight as to what is going to happen, but maybe something like this?

And no, I don't like those helmet stripes either.

Well they're keeping at least some navy, so my uneducated guess would be your helmet logo (navy outline) but with a navy facemask and navy-white-red-white-navy (or red-white-navy-white-red) stripes.

I don't think they'll be using that much navy, BBTV. I tend to think they'll use navy like the Dolphins use navy on their helmet. I think Colorwerx's helmet is pretty close to what the real thing will look like, but I could be completely wrong.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nope .... BILLS will most likely be returning back to the 1976-1983 helmet from the little info that was leaked

In '82 and '83 before the red helmet came, the charging Buffalo was made a bit bigger, we'll probably be going with that.

Goodbye midnight blue jerseys, and welcome back Colbalt Blue .....

p-179026-buffalo-bills-1976-1983-throwback-riddell-full-size-authentic-proline-footb-cs-rd-billstb-a76-83.jpg

I really like this. Looks iconic and traditional. I don't know where the picture came from but the shades of blue are different from the facemask and the stripes/logo. Make all the blues Royal Blue and it's the perfect Bills helmet.

The Bills were the AFC Champions for four straight years.

The Braves won the NL East for 13 straight years, I'm pretty sure they wore the current uniforms the whole time. I know there was only one World Championship, but it's hard to consider that an era of failure. Playoff suckiness, yes, but not a whole era.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Bills' draft hat is red. Go figure.

p9491648reg.jpg

I don't know if you should read anything into that, other than they are keeping red somewhere in their color scheme.

p9491678reg.jpgp9491674reg.jpg

No matter how little they use it on uniforms:

p9491664reg.jpgp9491672reg.jpg

Good call. I've got to admit, I didn't look through any other teams (besides the Bengals, whom I root for). When exactly did grey become Indy's unofficial third color? When they switched facemask colors?

Sigs are for sissies.

p9491648reg.jpg

I don't know if you should read anything into that, other than they are keeping red somewhere in their color scheme.

Good call. I've got to admit, I didn't look through any other teams (besides the Bengals, whom I root for). When exactly did grey become Indy's unofficial third color? When they switched facemask colors?

I don't mind it, gray is a neutral color, unlike black. It is ridiculous that they made the Vikings hat in black. Oh, and why in the hell did they use such a dark red for the Giants? Unless that is just a terrible photoshop job, the colors look like the Cardinals in their previous unis (they used a slight bit of blue on the sleeves).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I wouldn't mind if they redefined the eye and the horn a little better in the logo.

They're muddled together, and it's not even apparent that there is a horn; it looks like a just a thick white border on the power stripe (or whatever that thing is called.) In fact, I'm not even sure if it is supposed to be a horn. But if it is, a buffalo's horn should be bigger and could extend outside of the head a little.

p9491648reg.jpg

I don't mind it, gray is a neutral color, unlike black. It is ridiculous that they made the Vikings hat in black. Oh, and why in the hell did they use such a dark red for the Giants? Unless that is just a terrible photoshop job, the colors look like the Cardinals in their previous unis (they used a slight bit of blue on the sleeves).

The Giants' Red is fairly dark (at least, in print):

NewYorkGiantsRed_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

However, in fabric/textile terms, it is a bit lighter:

NewYorkGiantsRed_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

It looks like the cap manufacturer matched to the print color, rather than to the textile color.

When exactly did grey become Indy's unofficial third color? When they switched facemask colors?

Well, the Colts have used grey in the past, although this was back in the early 80s...

gal_nfl_draft_28.jpg

That was a weird era. These jersey numbers had a very light gray outline. And the blue set had a gray/silver pant with the thick blue stripe with a horseshoe at top. No gray anywhere in the blue jersey, though!

Archived