Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

I threw this together:

BuffaloBills_PropHRS1_12.png

I have absolutely no insight as to what is going to happen, but maybe something like this?

And no, I don't like those helmet stripes either.

ColorWerx-

Since it won't allow me to send you a pm I'll post my message here:

Did you create the helmet template in this post, or did the guy who runs Sports Logos and Screen Savers? I already asked the other guy for permission to use this template and he didn't say who made it, only that I could use anything on his site and that he didn't own any rights to anything. I thought he was referring exclusively to the logos on his site when he mentioned rights, and that's why I went ahead and used the Seahawks' template for my last concept. If it does belong to you, I apologize profusely for having used it without your permission. Having said that, would it be okay if I used the helmet template in the future? I'm in the process of painterizing this helmet template for myself and others and I'd hate to have my efforts to give back to people on here all go for naught!

This is the official NFL helmet template.

Huh, I didn't even know they had an official template. Is there some place online that I can find these? (Bengals, Rams, Vikings, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what many insiders are leaking, this is as close as it gets to what they're going to be:

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

I would be very happy with something like these. However, the reports I've read mention navy blue remaining as a trim color, which I don't see represented here...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

From what many insiders are leaking, this is as close as it gets to what they're going to be:

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

I would be very happy with something like these. However, the reports I've read mention navy blue remaining as a trim color, which I don't see represented here...

Check out the sleeves, navy blue is there.

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

Oh, I see it now.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

I think it's a nice update. The sleeve stripes are simplified and the helmet and pants stripe match, unlike the throwback set. If they go with this, they'd definately have one of the sharper looks in the NFL.

If true, there isn't a word to describe the magnitude of the upgrade.

From the very bottom of the league right up to the top tier.

There's gotta be a catch. They'll screw it up somehow.

TOO MANY OUTLINES!!! :puke:

they really better NOT outline the logo on the helmet

If true, there isn't a word to describe the magnitude of the upgrade.

From the very bottom of the league right up to the top tier.

There's gotta be a catch. They'll screw it up somehow.

You just know they'll wear the blue pants with the blue jersey. They just can't help themselves.

If you look at the striping pattern, the 2002 uniforms were always meant to be blue on white and white on blue. While not awesome, it's still better than the monochrome they stuck for the majority of the time with the set.

bledsoe.jpg

t_37286.jpg

Compared to

drew-bledsoe-autographed-8x10-photo-buffalo-bills_d58b2e74f17a72b15585122653356ea5.jpg

nflf-drew_bledsoe_101203.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

I would love that update. That would potentially be the best uniform in their franchise's history.

I love their throwback, but the striping pattern probably does need some simplification given the cut of modern sleeves. I think this does that simplification perfectly.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

So in the old set, they switched the primary color of the uniform to navy, but kept the buffalo on the helmet royal blue. If I'm reading this mockup right, now they are making the jerseys royal (not the lighter color of the throwbacks) but changing the buffalo to navy?

I'm going to need to see it before I decide. The inclusion of navy is what likely will throw me. I'm not seeing how two blues are necessary yet, just like they weren't in the last set. But I'll wait until they are unveiled.

Yawn... couldn't be any more predictable and boring if they tried.

You may as well put that as your sig or member title, because it seems that you say pretty much the SAME thing about EVERY new uniform that comes out. It'll save you the trouble :P

Regarding the uniform, I like what I see from the mockup, it's very crisp and clean. It could do without the navy, but if that is how they're going to use it, then it isn't too bad at all. I'm looking forward to how this turns out.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

So in the old set, they switched the primary color of the uniform to navy, but kept the buffalo on the helmet royal blue. If I'm reading this mockup right, now they are making the jerseys royal (not the lighter color of the throwbacks) but changing the buffalo to navy?

I'm going to need to see it before I decide. The inclusion of navy is what likely will throw me. I'm not seeing how two blues are necessary yet, just like they weren't in the last set. But I'll wait until they are unveiled.

The buffalo appears to be royal. The navy trim and extra outlines around the buffalo are unnecessary, but don't look too bad for something that's unneeded. They don't really harm or overall downgrade the look. I think it's something that can be more than tolerated. I mean c'mon. We've all come to realize that no team ever really gets perfection no matter how close they come and how small of changes are needed to accomplish it, so this would downright be miraculous compared to what could've happened and what has happened in the past.

Archived