Prowler Concept [Sabre Tooth Tiger]

chris85ca

This is a logo I've been working on today. I've done some logo work before, so I'm not a complete beginner, but I'l well aware I need to clean some if this up. Basically I just want suggestions on what to do with the eye, and white snout area, as I'm not totally happy with that part. I'm just going to use this for a Sim Hockey league I'm in, so it's for nothing professional. I went with the colors because I'm in love with the Manitoba Moose colour scheme. Anyways, here it is, let me know what you think, and what I can improve on. I should also add that I'm going to be adding a green/blue stroke around it after it's finished.

Prowlers.jpg

TOT-VANDERWaltersH.pngFPL-sig.pngTOT-VANDERWaltersA.png

the rendering is really nice, but i think you went a bit overboard with the shading - lose at least one color, in my opinion - i would also lose the small brown area on the eye which is in shadow...make that whole area shadow

Yeah, I think I counted about seven colors here. I think the teeth shading can be eliminated as well as one of the orange/brown tones. Other than that, I think it looks really nice.

I think that right now it looks like a logo you could find at a generic mascot logo website. If you tone down the shadows and highlights, maybe cut down the color count to 3 or 4, this would look much more professional. As far as the design goes, it's very good, I would love to see it in Nashville Predators colors.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Much better!

Just being nitpicky in case you didn't notice, check the stroke on the teeth, and chin fuzz on the second pick.

Yea I realize the stroke is how it is. I just copy pasted the logo onto the old stroke. I'm more familiar with photoshop, so I use it to do the pen work, and then import it into illustrator for the strokes. I didn't feel like re-opening illustrator, so I just pasted the new logo over the old logo with the stroke :P

Maybe tone down the top of his head, round it out a bit. It looks like he got a nasty hit to the head and now there's a bump forming.

Yea, I'm going to try that, heard that a couple times.

TOT-VANDERWaltersH.pngFPL-sig.pngTOT-VANDERWaltersA.png

Archived