Detroit Tigers Tiger with bat in mouth logo

deliver2david

wi6o1l.jpg

I remember this being around in the 1980s, but it's almost like it's been forgotten about today. Anybody have any background on it -- was it an official alternate logo to the other Tiger circle logo that's more well-known from that era? Anybody have a better version if it?

It also appeared in the animations for the local broadcast on WDIV in Detroit, but have no idea if it's something the Tigers organization produced or if it's something WDIV came up with. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb1O-ASWjfo&feature=related

Yep, WDIV/Channel 4 used to have the TV games back in the '80s. They had several versions of this logo and they were animated. One was the bat in the Tiger's mouth used before the game, another had the Tiger chomping down on the logo/mascot of another team after a win and another was the Tiger with a bandage on his head after a loss.

Yep, WDIV/Channel 4 used to have the TV games back in the '80s. They had several versions of this logo and they were animated. One was the bat in the Tiger's mouth used before the game, another had the Tiger chomping down on the logo/mascot of another team after a win and another was the Tiger with a bandage on his head after a loss.

I remember that clip with the Tiger all bandaged up and he still had a lil roar.. like it meant "wounded but still dangerous"... I miss those days of

Geroge Kell and Al Kaline televising the games!

Those are awesome why dont people do things clever like that any more. I remember Mets games on the radio back than they played Celebration by Cool and the Gang after wins, and the Musical ending to Layla after losses.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 2 months later...

Archived