NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

Hello, CCSLC. I managed to run my NCAA Baseball Project to almost 90 concepts. I may pick that up again soon, but for the time being, a new inspiration has struck.

Why does the Big 12 now have ten teams? Why does the Big 10 have 12 teams? Why does the Big East STILL have an automatic bid when the best they can do is offer the Orange Bowl an "Also Receiving Votes" representative? These are questions I hope to answer as I break down the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) conference by conference.

Thankfully, since football uniforms aren't script-based like baseball or basketball, the resources and creativity should remain throughout this process. Without school in my way, I want to be able to consistently update this. So, without further ado, I give you the NCAA Football Realignment Project.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ALL CONCEPTS

ATLANTIC COAST CONFERENCE

Duke Blue Devils / Alternates

Maryland Terrapins

Miami Hurricanes / Alternates / Alternates 2

BIG XII

Baylor Bears

Kansas Jayhawks / Alternates

Kansas State Wildcats

Missouri Tigers / Alternates

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Oklahoma Sooners

Oklahoma State Cowboys

SMU Mustangs

TCU Horned Frogs

Texas Longhorns

Texas A&M Aggies

Texas Tech Red Raiders / Alternates

BIG EAST

Boston College Eagles

Cincinnati Bearcats / Alternates

Connecticut Huskies

Kentucky Wildcats / Alternates

Louisville Cardinals / Alternates

Marshall Thundering Herd / Alternates

Notre Dame Fightin' Irish

Pittsburgh Panthers / Alternates

Rutgers Scarlet Knights / Alternates

Syracuse Orange

Villanova Wildcats / Alternates / Alternates 2

West Virginia Mountaineers / Alternates

PACIFIC 12

California Golden Bears / Alternates

Fresno State Bulldogs / Alternates

Hawaii Warriors / Alternates

Oregon Ducks / Alternates / Alternates 2

Oregon State Beavers / Alternates

San Diego State Aztecs / Alternates / Alternates 2

San Jose State Spartans / Alternates

Southern Cal Trojans

Stanford Cardinal

Washington Huskies / Alternates

Washington State Cougars / Alternates

UCLA Bruins

INDEPENDENTS

Air Force Falcons / Alternates

Army Black Knights

Navy Midshipmen

MIDWEST CONFERENCE

Illinois Fighting Illini / Alternates / Alternates 2

Indiana Hoosiers / Alternates

Iowa Hawkeyes / Alternates

Iowa State Cyclones / Alternates

Michigan Wolverines

Michigan State Spartans / Alternates

Minnesota Golden Gophers / Alternates

Northwestern Wildcats

Ohio State Buckeyes

Penn State Nittany Lions

Purdue Boilermakers

Wisconsin Badgers

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't do what everyone else does and move the Arizona schools out of the Pac-10 just because they're not "Pacific." It seems like a lot of people do that and it seems very stupid to do so.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

BIG XII: Since Colorado and Nebraska bolted to separate conferences (interesting since they have a huge rivalry), the Big 12 now has ten teams. Some would think of this as a huge drawback for the conference, but conference executives saw opportunity to fix a wrong that had been in place since the Big 12 was formed. Since two spots were opened, TCU and SMU were extended a chance to fill the two vacant spots. Officials considered this a chance to bolster money and strengthen the conference with a national power and an up-and-comer.

Naturally, the schools jumped at the chance for automatic BCS bids and higher bowl payouts. "We thank the Mountain West for the time we spent there. TCU is very excited at the prospect of joining the prestigious Big XII conference," Gary Patterson said. "The Big XII will undoubtedly give us stiffer competition and better money opportunities to expand our university."

Here is the new BIG XII conference. The two Oklahoma schools have been shifted to the North Division to make room for the Frogs and the Mustangs. The South Division now has a distinct feel that hearkens back to the old Southwest Conference. Concepts will start next...

NOTE: Iowa State was here, but will be re-unveiled with the Midwest Conference

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Iowa State, the first to unveil their new look under the new FBS system, threw everyone for a loop today. They announced that there had been secret meetings between the Big XII and the Midwestern Conference (formerly the Big 10) and a school from each conference will join the other. Both schools and their respective conferences felt that it would be geographically sound and would place both schools with better rivals and more-suited competition.

Now, you may ask who the other school is. Well, seeing the addition of TCU and SMU into the Big 12 caused them to reconsider their original plan to go to the Midwestern Conference and rejoin the Big 12. Now that I've given the school away, the new addition to the Big 12 is actually the old addition of NEBRASKA!

The new alignment looks like this:

BigXIIAlignment2.png

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Iowa State, the first to unveil their new look under the new FBS system, threw everyone for a loop today. They announced that there had been secret meetings between the Big XII and the Midwestern Conference (formerly the Big 10) and a school from each conference will join the other. Both schools and their respective conferences felt that it would be geographically sound and would place both schools with better rivals and more-suited competition.

Now, you may ask who the other school is. Well, seeing the addition of TCU and SMU into the Big 12 caused them to reconsider their original plan to go to the Midwestern Conference and rejoin the Big 12. Now that I've given the school away, the new addition to the Big 12 is actually the old addition of NEBRASKA!

BigXIIAlignment2.png

This is retarded. I was with you with TCU and SMU going to the Big XII but, having Nebraska go to the B1G and then coming back to the Big XII is just dumb.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

To me, keeping rivalries like Nebraska/Oklahoma and Nebraska/Missouri made more sense than Nebraska/Michigan and such. I like the Southwest Conference vs. Big 8 feel and Nebraska fits that bill better than Iowa State. Furthermore, now the Iowa/Iowa State rivalry actually impacts both schools from a conference standpoint as well as pure rivalry.

Honestly, if you think this is retarded, you probably really won't like some of the other conference alignments I cooked up. ;)

To me, keeping rivalries like Nebraska/Oklahoma and Nebraska/Missouri made more sense than Nebraska/Michigan and such. I like the Southwest Conference vs. Big 8 feel and Nebraska fits that bill better than Iowa State. Furthermore, now the Iowa/Iowa State rivalry actually impacts both schools from a conference standpoint as well as pure rivalry.

Honestly, if you think this is retarded, you probably really won't like some of the other conference alignments I cooked up. ;)

Well, it's your thread so it's your choice, but I have to agree with the previous poster that it doesn't make much sense. ISU adds nothing to the Big 10 and NU has always wanted to join the Big 10, so it just really doesn't make much sense.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Granted, it does take the prestige of the Big 10 down a bit, but I switched them purely for the sake of rivalries.

I added the realignment to add a different dimension and keep this from being a pure concept thread. I like the discussion of both concept and actual NCAA.

KANSAS JAYHAWKS

There were a couple mains things I wanted to do with Kansas. One, I wanted to step away from the Trajan font (which I really don't like at all). Two, I wanted to separate them from looking like the New York Giants. I really stepped up the blue and red here. The numbers and helmet logo are now red on blue.

One last thing I did was try to pay homage to the great basketball teams. I brought back the serifed numbers and added a piping scheme that is very similar to the current piping and striping on the basketball team.

KansasJayhawks.png

KansasJayhawksAlternates.png

KANSAS JAYHAWKS

There were a couple mains things I wanted to do with Kansas. One, I wanted to step away from the Trajan font (which I really don't like at all). Two, I wanted to separate them from looking like the New York Giants. I really stepped up the blue and red here. The numbers and helmet logo are now red on blue.

One last thing I did was try to pay homage to the great basketball teams. I brought back the serifed numbers and added a piping scheme that is very similar to the current piping and striping on the basketball team.

KansasJayhawks.png

KansasJayhawksAlternates.png

Switch around the colors on the numbers on the home jersey and do the same with the logo on the helmet.

You better give my Red Raiders something unique

OR ELSE HE WILL GUT YOU!

In all seriousness, good work, man, these look great.

Now in rain on your parade mode: the Big XII will never add TCU or SMU. Why would they? They don't need to pick up the markets because they're already in those markets.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I like your realignment, and the Iowa State unis. The yellow helmet looks good, and the striping is sharp. The shade of yellow seems a little off though, like it has a tint of green.

Yeah, I tried to do something a bit out there: two-toned yellow. Like, regular yellow and gold.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

BigXIIAlignment2.png

This is retarded. I was with you with TCU and SMU going to the Big XII but, having Nebraska go to the B1G and then coming back to the Big XII is just dumb.

Agreed. Unless Notre Dame joins the B1G in its place, and Iowa State goes to..i don't know..the MAC. I do respect your new divisions though, rich with rivalries.

I like your concept but I think the Blue Home jersey with White pants, White away jersey with blue pants and alternate Red jersey with Blue pants would be a bomb set. Good work.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

KANSAS STATE WILDCATS

The past couple of seasons had seen K-State move away from the Snyder-era, Cowboys-inspired uniforms. Such things had been done like removal of sleeve striping and addition of purple pants. An interesting fact: Kansas State has purple as their only official color. The silver and white are generally paired with it, but purple is actually it for them.

I wanted to dial it back a bit. The sleeve striping is back, but it's a classic three-stripe rather than the Cowboys' double stripe. All the striping is pretty much uniform (no pun intended) from helmet to jersey to pants and even socks. The purple had been lightened a tad, and the silver has a small hint of ice blue, adding a bit of uniqueness to the set overall.

A couple of quick notes before I unveil. The only other potential combination that I didn't include was silver-white-silver roads. That would be an alternative to the silver/white/purple I have now. I went with the silver jersey as an alternate so the set wasn't completely traditional. I feel that traditional, though, is how the 'Cats should look.

KansasStateWildcats.png

Archived