Bmac's MLB

Bmac

It's almost time for baseball! I am excited for the season, and couldn't contain my concepts any longer. So here is my 2011 MLB thread. Enjoy!

Banner3.png

Completed teams:

#1) Arizona Diamondbacks

#2) Atlanta Braves

#3) Baltimore Orioles

#4) Boston Red Sox

#5) Chicago Cubs

#6) Chicago White Sox

#7) Cincinnati Reds

#8) Cleveland Indians

#9) Colorado Rockies

#10) Detroit Tigers

#11) Florida Miami Marlins

#12) Houston Astros

#13) Kansas City Royals

#14) Los Angeles Anaheim Angels

#15) Los Angeles Dodgers

#16) Milwaukee Brewers

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona Diamondbacks

The Diamondbacks once had the coolest color scheme in the league, IMO. Then they switched to a color set very similar to another NL team. The new logos are good, but I’m not a fan of the wordmarks. Here, I used the old colors, replacing copper with sand. New wordmarks and modified logos are included. The uniforms feature a trim design based off of an old alternate. Purple is the primary home color while black is the primary road color. Teal is used very little except for the BP set. I am using the old BP design; I like it better than the newest one. The alternate hat uses the old snake head logo, from my favorite BP cap of all time. The white alternate is a tribute to the 2001 World Series unis.

DiamondbacksHome.pngDiamondbacksRoad.png

DiamondbacksAlt1.pngDiamondbacksAlt2.png

DiamondbacksAlt3.pngDiamondbacksBP.png

Nice work! You managed to return to their original style while slightly updating it. I'm glad you didn't include pinstripes.

Definite huge improvement over what they wear now. I like their current wordmark from an overall "style" standpoint, but it doesn't belong on an MLB jersey. Not to mention these colors are much better than what they wear now.

I think it might be better to have the D hat logo go with the road jerseys though, and have the A hat go with the homes. I think having an A cap and Arizona on the road jersey and having D and Diamondbacks on the home uniform is slightly redundant. So switching caps (or at least cap logos) could help this. If I'm not mistaken that's how they did it before. I figure if you are going to have dual caps for state initial and team name initial, you might as well arrange them so that the whole team's title can be "included" in each uniform. Just a thought.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Thanks to everyone for the input so far.

What about cream for the homes? I think it might look a little better because it looks kinda naked without the pinstripes. Cream would be cool though.

Ya know, I originally had that and then changed it later. Actually, I originally had sand for the home color:

DiamondbacksHomeSand.png

But I thought it was too dark for a home uniform. Then I changed it to cream, the same shade as the original set:

DiamondbacksHomeCream.png

But then I thought the sand outlines got lost on the cream jersey, so I went with white. I would love to have Arizona's home jersey be cream or sand, I think that could be their thing. Thoughts?

I think it might be better to have the D hat logo go with the road jerseys though, and have the A hat go with the homes. I think having an A cap and Arizona on the road jersey and having D and Diamondbacks on the home uniform is slightly redundant. So switching caps (or at least cap logos) could help this. If I'm not mistaken that's how they did it before. I figure if you are going to have dual caps for state initial and team name initial, you might as well arrange them so that the whole team's title can be "included" in each uniform. Just a thought.

I see what you mean and I thought about that as I was making these. I absolutely love the D logo on the purple cap, but I am not sold on the A on the black cap. Would the D on both work? I don't want to phase out the A logo (even though they are for real), so I'm not really sure how to handle it.

The biggest problems I see are that you have four logos (DB, D, snake-head and A), when in all honesty two or possibly three could be just as effective.

The A matches your piping the best, of course, but the DB is probably the best logo stylistically that the team has ever had. The D is pretty good, too, but the snake head looks very minor league. If their Triple-A team wore that logo, it'd be cool, but with your already huge set, it's just another thing muddying up the identity.

That sand-coloured jersey you have posted looks great... maybe you should consider throwing an 'Arizona' wordmark on it instead, and using it as the road jersey. It'd allow you to get rid of the grey pants, which seriously clash with every single other thing in the set because of the way sand is included elsewhere.

Finally, I don't see the point in having such a teal/green/whatever-it-is coloured BP jersey. It doesn't look bad on its own, but every other piece of your set is primarily purple, and secondarily black. I'd even go so far as to call sand your third colour, and the teal fourth.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I've missed your hockey thread recently, but although I like their current colors, these uniforms are :censored: awesome. I like the striping as it reminds me of the Arizona Rattlers, and brings back good memories of going to the BOB when I was younger. The only complaint I have is that the script isn't either straight or arched, but otherwise it's a solid 9 out of 10 in my book.

Seems to me "Diamondbacks" is way too long of a name to have on the front. Player with his arms down would cover up the Di and ks. I think there's a reason the team went with a double-decker look in the beginning, then shortened the wordmark a few years ago.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Atlanta Braves

For starters, the Braves' look is great. The piping is unique and the logos and wordmarks fit nicely together. There are a few things I would change though. First, I modified the colors. I used a darker navy, which as actually listed as an alternate color (thanks to Colorwerx). The dark navy replaces the regular navy, a move the serves 2 purposes. It is a nod to the history of the team, when they used black and red, and it separates them a little from the other navy and red teams.

BravesColorComparison.png

The home and road are pretty much the same, only I added the A logo to the sleeve. On the red alternate I switched the colors around so the script is white outlined in navy. I think this stands out better. The road alternate is a simple navy jersey with the A logo on the chest. The tomahawk is used as a sleeve patch. The home alternate is a retro-inspired uniform, featuring navy sleeves and a white front-panel hat.

BravesHome.pngBravesRoad.png

BravesAlt1.pngBravesAlt2.png

BravesAlt3.pngBravesBP.png

Archived