Atlanta Braves Concept

JamieRose

Gotta say, love the Boston Braves colors. Using yellow as a base color for the numbers and script is equally fantastic. Couple nitpicks though, and this is just my personal preference, I'd like to see some stripes on those stirrups, just 'cause. Another thing, I know it's not PC anymore, but I'd love to see an updated version of the old Ruth era Native American.

I'm loving this whole set, but my only complaint is that the Braves' wordmark isn't on the road jerseys. I like the "Atlanta" jersey, but perhaps instead of having a red alternate, you could've had the Atlanta jersey take its place and had a matching "Braves" jersey to be featured as a home alternate. Just my two cents.

I think you did a great job actually making some changes to the Braves. Most Braves concepts are just color swaps. You were not afraid to do something different and for that I say Bravo. (no pun intended)

The colors work. I would be concerned about the red cap with the yellow bill. But the black one would be sweet. I'm in the camp that thinks the current Atlanta script would work better. Although yours is cool, I like to see consistency. I think the main logo would make a nice shoulder patch. I think it is a bold concept and you did a nice job with it. Although I would miss the blue/scarlet and the tomahawk, you did an excellent job without having those elements present.

Everything looks nice. Aesthetically, it's a great job, but it just doesnt seem right for the Braves to abandon the tomahawk. I think their real logo is a little strange and could use some work, but if you were to throw a tomahawk in the primary logo somehow, it would be much better in my mind.

Another thing is that using the circle with acrched names in MLB logos seems to becoming the new trend with the Nationals and Twins all looking somewhat similar to the A's, M's, Rangers, etc..Since the Braves actually have a somewhat iconic figure in the tomahawk, I think they should use it.

But again that's just me and my love of the tomahawk, because what you have is good too. Everything is executed nicely.

Archived