Davidson's Logo Design Tutorials

Davidson

Hey guys,

I have been making a couple of logos today and have also been trying out some screen capture software and the idea occured to me that it may benefit some of you if you could see how I go about making some of the logos I design.

This first one is a very simple gorilla logo. Its pretty much how I went about drawing logos like the Timberwolves and the Outlaws:

WhiteKnollLogo2.png

DT%20OUTLAWS%202%20(0.00.00.00).png

These are very straight forward as you essentially only design one side of the logo.

I have also included a bit of type and beding the logo onto an object. At the end is how I composit the logos in After Effects. This may be impossible for those without AE, but the look is certainly achievable in Photoshop.

Let me know what you reckon, I may make a series.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davidson!!! I have been praying that you would do this for so long!!

Can't believe it's happening!!! I'm gonna watch the video then tell you what I think!! You do great stuff and I can wait to see some of your techniques!

EDIT: Just watched it. I's gonna take me a while to get everything. I would slow it down for some parts and do a little describing. But that's just my technique for learning. I hope we see alot more of there!!

BTW, what program were you using for the last step? The after effects...

PPq00.png

after watching it, you move so fast its really hard to gather anything, but its still really cool to watch it. Its less of a tutorial and more of a making of, but still very cool.

Well, yeah, its more of a guide as to how I go about it than a step-by step tutorial I guess. A certain amount of Illustrator experience is taken for granted.

I think this is awesome, but would definitely like to see it at a much slower pace. Right now it's just moving too fast to keep up with it.

Out of curiosity. Davidson, how long did it actually take you to make the logo? If the video was at real time, how long would it be?

I think this is awesome, but would definitely like to see it at a much slower pace. Right now it's just moving too fast to keep up with it.

Out of curiosity. Davidson, how long did it actually take you to make the logo? If the video was at real time, how long would it be?

Looking at the video time, 35 minutes.

Sorry, I might post the longer videos another time. These are really just to see the steps involved and a bit of the process, these aren't a ai tutorial.

if there are stages you missed or things at a particular time you dont understand, I can probably answer any questions.

Cool, glad these may be of use.

One more for tonight. This one is for the drawing faces.

Here is Peyton Manning. This one is a little slower as I was on the phone, but hopefully you get to see what I'm doing.

Again, these are rough and done in a bit of a hurry, they are just mean to give you an idea of the process.

This is the process I used to make this:

RWCNZ.png

in before the flood of this is great comments.

This is great. :) All of your shapes just seem so much crisper than anything I do (or what I've seen of others). What stroke width are you using?

edit: some more: What illustrator do you recommend learning the ins and outs of besides the pen and pathfinders?

Love these, very inspiring. Can't wait to see more!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived