Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked up one of my whales and it was the number 1 on my list. It is an authentic CCM 1988 airnet Hartford Whalers green jersey. Now, I just need to get Francis #10 with the C and I will be set. I thought about getting Ray Ferraro but Francis was just too good. Next up, New Jersey Devils Christmas Tree White jersey. We will see if I can find that one.

2011 has already been a great year for my 'whales'!!! These just arrived today.

wornBrownsuni4.jpg

:woot:

Just curious -- what are you going to do with the pants?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2011 has already been a great year for my 'whales'!!! These just arrived today.

wornBrownsuni4.jpg

:woot:

Just curious -- what are you going to do with the pants?

Oh those are going right into a frame. Very few of the brown pants exist. It's cool that the socks are stitched onto them too. NEVER thought I'd get my hands on these!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Do the Browns still wear brown pants anymore with white jerseys? I always liked that uniform combo nice pickup.

I'm looking for a gray late 80s Brewers road jersey, or a 90s road jersey as well. Both are very hard to find and I think they beat any of the Brewers very popular early 80s jerseys and powder blue ones you see all over the ballpark.

Do the Browns still wear brown pants anymore with white jerseys? I always liked that uniform combo nice pickup.

I'm looking for a gray late 80s Brewers road jersey, or a 90s road jersey as well. Both are very hard to find and I think they beat any of the Brewers very popular early 80s jerseys and powder blue ones you see all over the ballpark.

It's been a part of their uniform kit since 2006, but they worn them once during a preseason game in '08 and then for all away games in '09. They didn't wear them once in '10 and when Nike takes over in 2012...who knows if they will ever return. I liked them too. Sooooooo freakin' happy a got a game issued pair.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

CCB2004.jpg

detroit_vipers_1996-97_front.jpg

Preferably both blank jerseys, and a home Vipers jersey.

You've got to be more specific than "home/road" when it comes to jerseys for IHL teams. Typically, the IHL had teams wear white at home before the All-Star break, dark at home after, and white at home again for the playoffs.

I picked up a Vipers plum authentic for $34 forever ago on clearance from RCS. Love that jersey, and love the construction of all Bauer authentics.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

CCB2004.jpg

You've got to be more specific than "home/road" when it comes to jerseys for IHL teams. Typically, the IHL had teams wear white at home before the All-Star break, dark at home after, and white at home again for the playoffs.

I picked up a Vipers plum authentic for $34 forever ago on clearance from RCS. Love that jersey, and love the construction of all Bauer authentics.

It would probably be a 1996-97, Detroit Vipers Home Jersey, and it was during the regular season when I went to that game, so that picture is the closest match to the jerseys I remember. Plus, I was a teenager then, so obviously there was no way I could convince my parents to buy me a sports jersey at that time.

The Calgary Flames one though... man, I still kick myself over that one, as I had the funds to get it, but I remember devoting the money to a Super Bowl trip, the XBox 360, and other things, not realizing those jerseys would be clearly impossible to get post-lockout. I have the home and alternate versions, so when I go into my closet and decide which one to wear if the weather permits and I feel like wearing one, it just nags at me.

CCB2004.jpg

It would probably be a 1996-97, Detroit Vipers Home Jersey, and it was during the regular season when I went to that game, so that picture is the closest match to the jerseys I remember. Plus, I was a teenager then, so obviously there was no way I could convince my parents to buy me a sports jersey at that time.

The Calgary Flames one though... man, I still kick myself over that one, as I had the funds to get it, but I remember devoting the money to a Super Bowl trip, the XBox 360, and other things, not realizing those jerseys would be clearly impossible to get post-lockout. I have the home and alternate versions, so when I go into my closet and decide which one to wear if the weather permits and I feel like wearing one, it just nags at me.

This place has non-blank Flames jerseys from this era for Iginla and Phaneuf; I don't know if they're authentics or replicas.

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/categories/NHL-Hockey-Jerseys-/Calgary-Flames/

This place has a blank replica in XL only.

http://www.carrollscove.com/caflnhlretej.html

I have no idea how reputable either of these sellers are, but I hope this helps.

CCB2004.jpg

This place has non-blank Flames jerseys from this era for Iginla and Phaneuf; I don't know if they're authentics or replicas.

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/categories/NHL-Hockey-Jerseys-/Calgary-Flames/

This place has a blank replica in XL only.

http://www.carrollscove.com/caflnhlretej.html

I have no idea how reputable either of these sellers are, but I hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll check those out. I'm currently in the process of hunting for that first whale, the Vipers one will probably be a lot harder to find though.

my white whales...I figure I'm only gonna list some of the more prominent ones...

Orlando Thunder lime green

LV Outlaws #30 He Hate Me

original Iowa Barnstormers black

New York CityHawks road gold...yeh, the team itself sucked, but they had sweet unis

Toronto Argonauts...either the double-boatmans Flutie wore or the 95 version with the boatman on the front, a la the 95-97 WLAF

91-92 or 97 London Monarchs blue

98 Rhein Fire maroon or white

98 Amsterdam Admirals navy #33 Brent Moss

Memphis Maniax white #33 Brent Moss

96-97 Mets road BP (the one with the gray NEW YORK) #0 Rey Ordonez

Wizards alt gold #3 Caron Butler

mid 90s Grambling football

early/mid 90s Milwaukee Admirals blues

late 90s/early 2000s Milwaukee Admirals red

96-99 Columbus Crew black

mid 90s US soccer powder blue

I have one of your white whales! I have a powder blue Cobi Jones US soccer jersey.

I also have a 90's Crew jersey, but it's the white one.

My whale was simply an Expos hat. I never saw one at Lids or anything, so I figured I'd never get my hands on one. I found one for a decent (but probably still relatively high) price in Montreal today. Probably not too rare or impressive, but it was my whale nonetheless so I figured I'd stop by this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

My whale was simply an Expos hat. I never saw one at Lids or anything, so I figured I'd never get my hands on one. I found one for a decent (but probably still relatively high) price in Montreal today. Probably not too rare or impressive, but it was my whale nonetheless so I figured I'd stop by this thread.

Ta-Da!!!! Tons of Expos hats at Lids!! **CLICK HERE**

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

barons_durant3.jpg

Oh YES!!!

Wow -- that is something.

Wasn't that originally done by someone on this board?

EDIT: I should say that by "that is something" I mean that it's pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

barons_durant3.jpg

Oh YES!!!

Wow -- that is something.

Wasn't that originally done by someone on this board?

EDIT: I should say that by "that is something" I mean that it's pretty awesome.

Thanks. My hook-up is pretty damn good. I'd love to know who the original designer of this jersey was.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived