Searching for your 'whale'

I've been searching for an early 2000's Angels road jersey with the word "ANAHEIM" (what it should say). They arn't easy to find, but the ones I've seen off ebay the past few years have been too much for my taste. One day I'll get one though...

p444854reg.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then post a picture of the damned thing in your possession.

If its in his possession then he is not searching for a whale?

Yeah, I was referring to the Rainbows thing. Edited for clarity.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This wasn't at the top of my list, but I literally got a whale today. I wasn't entirely sure about it when I bought it, but it looks like its real from 89-90.

Whalers.png

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

yeah, those are Cooperstown Collection now.

Can I add the orange Astros star-H hat to my watch list? I see the navy with orange star hats everywhere, but not the orange w/blue.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

c2ihiymfppbbt58hyghk.gif

Still trying very hard to find one of these. Preferably blank and size XL. But with it seeming very hard to find one, I am able to compromise and go with L or XXL, and/or with a player and number if it comes down to it.

There was a perfect one on eBay I was bidding on up until the last momment, then my freaking computer froze. I thought I found one, and get it today in the mail and isn't the same jersey pictured. They sent the new third rather than the old one. So I'm still left with the only one I see is a XXL with Thornton on it for about $200 with shipping on eBay.

Given it is bigger than I wanted and has name/number, not to mention it's very expensive, I figure I'd try and ask around before jumping on it.

I found one for $10 on Ebay, and snagged it.

Only flaws...

1.Had "sponsored by blahblah attorney" on the sleeve (I just removed it)

2. Rubber based number 3 on the back not in sharks font, I doubt that is gonna get removed...the rubber is flaky and thick.

Forums.gif

Mickey's Place (as Lights Out just posted) is a great place to find a lot of Cooperstown Collection hats. I've been to there store in Cooperstown and they have a whole wall (20 ft. by 100 ft.) of just baseball hats.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Got another one of my "Whales" tonight... granted they aren't completely "authentic" like they were wearing in 1985, but hey, its a Rainbows jersey! And it was free!

1. Shouldnt have a name on the back, but its understandable in this situation

2. The tailsweep in the logo should be like the logo in my signature... multi-colored.

3. The Rainbows logo on the sleeve was actually a patch that was the shape of the logo, not a logo printed on a piece of cloth.

4. The logo on the sleeve is WAAAAAAY off!

283174_10150240919193499_95345703498_7589830_6763310_n.jpg

Rainbowslogoforcomparison.jpg?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Got another one of my "Whales" tonight... granted they aren't completely "authentic" like they were wearing in 1985, but hey, its a Rainbows jersey! And it was free!

1. Shouldnt have a name on the back, but its understandable in this situation

2. The tailsweep in the logo should be like the logo in my signature... multi-colored.

3. The Rainbows logo on the sleeve was actually a patch that was the shape of the logo, not a logo printed on a piece of cloth.

4. The logo on the sleeve is WAAAAAAY off!

283174_10150240919193499_95345703498_7589830_6763310_n.jpg

Rainbowslogoforcomparison.jpg?

Did Charleston ever have Rainbow Guts? I've seen Asheville, Tuscon, and any Astros farm team with the name "Astros" (e.g., Auburn) with sleeves that had some sort of striped pattern. I've never seen this jersey before.

Archived