Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:02 PM, andycumbee19 said:

new-era-gray-toronto-blue-jays-coopersto

I found one of my most sought after caps!!! At a mall an hour from my house that I NEVER go to. A store which is apparently a sister of Lids was selling hats at 50% off. This one was already marked down to $20. It was the ONLY one they had and it just HAPPENED to be 7 1/4. A force beyond me drew me to that store. I thoroughly believe that. This cost me $10.40. Outstanding!

That's grey, correct? That hat was solid. Didn't like the black one as well. Didn't think the set itself was too good. Not enough blue and too mid-aughts.

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That's grey, correct? That hat was solid. Didn't like the black one as well. Didn't think the set itself was too good. Not enough blue and too mid-aughts.

They had that cap for one season. I have the exact cap and it's one of my favorites too

Go A's!

5 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

They had that cap for one season. I have the exact cap and it's one of my favorites too

2004 was that season. I remember it well because I first discovered that grey hat (the whole set really) and the Padres' sand-colored roads through playing MVP Baseball 2004.

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

2004 was that season. I remember it well because I first discovered that grey hat (the whole set really) and the Padres' sand-colored roads through playing MVP Baseball 2004.

MVP '04 didn't have the "final" version of the Torotno set, it should be noted. Though I suppose we all know that already.

EDIT: My personal white whale is the 1994 Patriots throwbacks.

On 8/8/2015 at 9:59 PM, johnnysama said:

^ Well, I got outbid ion that 1980s Saskatchewan Roughriders jersey I mentioned. I gave it my best shot. Does anybody have that jersey in size L or XL that they want to get rid of?

Have a men's size large Saxon brand mesh Saskatchewan jersey I got a long time ago.

Would be interested in trading it - doesn't have to be for another CFL item could be for something else.  Have a few major league teams I like but generally more interested in minor league, retro and obscure items.  Even "beer league" if I find the logo interesting.  message me if interested.

P1030333.JPG

P1030334.JPG

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

16 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Have a men's size large Saxon brand mesh Saskatchewan jersey I got a long time ago.

Would be interested in trading it - doesn't have to be for another CFL item could be for something else.  Have a few major league teams I like but generally more interested in minor league, retro and obscure items.  Even "beer league" if I find the logo interesting.  message me if interested.

P1030333.JPG

P1030334.JPG

Sent ya a message.

UBwef0L.png

I currently have two:

The first is a Tucson Scorch jersey. They were a WPHL team that was supposed to take the ice for the 2000-2001 season. The organization folded before they ever played. There aren't many of these bad boys floating around,and I want ine, just for the rarity. (Plus, as minor leagues in that year go, it's a reasonably well-designed jersey).

My second is a Cape Cod Bluefins third, I believe they only wore these for one season, and an old girlfriend took me to an FHL game where they were wearing them. I didn't have the cash to get one then, and the team folded soon after.

111c739094d579ae.jpg

GarrettPeters.jpg

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

23 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I currently have two:

The first is a Tucson Scorch jersey. They were a WPHL team that was supposed to take the ice for the 2000-2001 season. The organization folded before they ever played. There aren't many of these bad boys floating around,and I want ine, just for the rarity. (Plus, as minor leagues in that year go, it's a reasonably well-designed jersey).

My second is a Cape Cod Bluefins third, I believe they only wore these for one season, and an old girlfriend took me to an FHL game where they were wearing them. I didn't have the cash to get one then, and the team folded soon after.

111c739094d579ae.jpg

GarrettPeters.jpg

Both are really nice looking. I love that Scorch color scheme. It's unique.

My whale....

I want a Fresno Taco's hat, but I prefer snapbacks. They offer a snapback on their website, but only take credit cards it seems.

Ugh..... why can't I just get the hat via PayPal?

Just tried doing it via the MILB shop.... they don't ship to Canada. :( This sucks.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

17 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

My whale....

I want a Fresno Taco's hat, but I prefer snapbacks. They offer a snapback on their website, but only take credit cards it seems.

Ugh..... why can't I just get the hat via PayPal?

Just tried doing it via the MILB shop.... they don't ship to Canada. :( This sucks.

If you know someone in the US that you trust, have it shipped there, then give them the money to ship it to you. 

I'd be happy to help, just send me a pm, if you're interested. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 4 months later...

I got my whale as an early Christmas gift to myself.

It might look like the standard blue Lightning alternate, but look closely.  it is the one season worn modified alt with the current bolt logo on the shoulder and not the Edgified black upgrade from 2008/09.

I have always wanted this and found one on Jersey Baron from Canada.  It's a authentic with the strap Edge 2.0 size 58+ but in a goalie cut.  Sleeves are a bit big, but it works for me.

12500836-standard.jpg

22 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I got my whale as an early Christmas gift to myself.

It might look like the standard blue Lightning alternate, but look closely.  it is the one season worn modified alt with the current bolt logo on the shoulder and not the Edgified black upgrade from 2008/09.

I have always wanted this and found one on Jersey Baron from Canada.  It's a authentic with the strap Edge 2.0 size 58+ but in a goalie cut.  Sleeves are a bit big, but it works for me.

12500836-standard.jpg

I was super happy when they first came out a few months ago. In the process of getting mine done up as a rookie year, #56 Kucherov. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2016 at 9:14 PM, Buffalo said:

wait you lost for $17??? what were the search terms on ebay??

i can't believe someone got it for so low!

i have sold two the last 2 christmases for $300 each!

i follow the sports specialties script market very closely---check ebay + etsy daily.

and have a huge collection of these hats: instagram.com/noahgeoman/

There's something I never thought I'd read.

But Sports Specialties was my favorite...I liked their MLB hats better (even bought at least one when they did not yet use the MLB logo but the authentic did). They did not sit so far above my head and the bill was shaped differently...it's too much of a "half-circle" on the New Era hat.

And I loved those script hats too.  I still have a couple but I had several in the early/mid 1990s.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived