Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My personal whales are the WLAF jerseys from 1995/96.

BTW, not to be off topic, but what's the use of the "whale" term here? Is that a Moby Dick reference?

Here's a nice starting point.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

BTW, not to be off topic, but what's the use of the "whale" term here? Is that a Moby Dick reference?

Good catch. Man knows his 19th century American literature.

From what I have been able to piece together I have no idea of how it relates to this thread:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

That middle one only exists as a Photoshop mockup, Johnny. Looks like you've already got one. ;)

Very true, but any jersey can be re-made. I got a custom XFL He Hates Me jersey and a Dante Hall Scottish Claymores jersey made while in South Korea. I'm working on the Barons and Brevin Knight jerseys. woo hoo!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Bidding on my current white whale. Really hope I get it. It pops up every now and again and I haven't really been able to land one in my size or land one for the price I'm willing to go to. Will post if I get it.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Various collector sites I frequent refer to a sought after, hard to get item as a whale or white whale, obviously referring to Moby Dick.

On topic, I found and acquired a Matadors jersey! I hope to have some pictures up soon of my Florida hockey collection.

That one was hard to find?

During the lockout NHL.com was selling replicas for $25 each! Thats how I got mine.

That will forever be known as the four jersey Christmas!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

That one was hard to find?

During the lockout NHL.com was selling replicas for $25 each! Thats how I got mine.

That will forever be known as the four jersey Christmas!

All anyone sells now is Edge jerseys. I had been looking on Ebay, but these were all either going for at least $100, too small, or both.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived