Designcision 2012

Waffles

Why is there a rectangle "stars" pattern inside the circle? That looks fantastically horrible. It's like they randomly copied+pasted the canton off 'Old Glory and cut down to fit in their little logo.

Thirteen stars. Gingrich is going to run America like it's 1776.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there a rectangle "stars" pattern inside the circle? That looks fantastically horrible. It's like they randomly copied+pasted the canton off 'Old Glory and cut down to fit in their little logo.

Thirteen stars. Gingrich is going to run America like it's 1776.

Which in some cases, might not be so bad. You know, no television and no 30 second spots on which people form their opinions on who to vote for. Heck, if we got rid of television, people might actually have to study the issues!

• 2 weeks later...

IDK how to retrieve an image from the video, but in Pawlenty's exploratory committee video he has a logo in the video. I am assume it is just for the exploratory committee.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51671.html

and here

http://www.timpawlenty.com/

I wouldn't vote for him because he has a section called "Meet T-Paw" on his site. The fact I've never heard of him is of no importance.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Do you mean this?

logo.png

9er: Pawlenty's the most-recent former Governor of Minnesota. In the spirit of the thread, I'll withhold my feelings about him.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It'd be a market worth targeting, except for the fact that so many campaigns are bad at paying their bills. Still, tempting from the web and design angle.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• 2 weeks later...

I would have liked to see some variations in the President's reelection campaign. I think they could have "presidentialized" the logo.

They should also bring back this now that he IS the president. They removed it after it drew criticism for being pretentious.

20080621ObamaSeal.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

They should also bring back this now that he IS the president. They removed it after it drew criticism for being pretentious.

I disagree. From a purely marketing standpoint Obama's appeal is that he stands for "change." You can't really play up that angle if your campaign is also playing up the fact that he's currently the guy in charge.

A year ago I heard that they were throwing around the idea of "Keep Hope Alive" as a campaign slogan. I hope they go with that. It balances the "change" theme with the fact that he is indeed in power.

I disagree. From a purely marketing standpoint Obama's appeal is that he stands for "change." You can't really play up that angle if your campaign is also playing up the fact that he's currently the guy in charge.

A year ago I heard that they were throwing around the idea of "Keep Hope Alive" as a campaign slogan. I hope they go with that. It balances the "change" theme with the fact that he is indeed in power.

Yea I do see that. I do think it's a pretty cool logo though.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

NOTE: This is not the thread to discuss the relative political/personal/philosophical merits of the various candidates for election next year. We already have a thread for that stuff. This thread is strictly to discuss, respectfully and constructively, the branding and other design components - website, merchandise, signage, etc. - of their campaigns.

2012 is around the corner, and the first design elements for those vying for the office of the Presidency are starting to emerge. This is from the website of Newt Gingrich's exploratory committee:

newt1.png

I'm curious to see how Obama's 2012 campaign follows up their superbly branded 2008 effort, and if his potential rivals are able to duplicate their successes in this regard.

Newt's current wife reminds me of the Kids In the Hall Chicken Lady

chickenlady_large.jpg?1290922168

Spam.

Notre casquette New Era magasin vend exclusivement des produits en ete, y compris toutes les marques de chapeaux, lunettes, tee-shirt, pantalons, BIKINI, flaneurs, etc, et le produit principal est le chapeau de la NEW ERA(couleur: bleu, blanc et noir).welcome o l ordre!

New Era casquette rockstar pourrait être le chapeau standard du Big League Baseball et au milieu des grands fabricants de chapeau de sport dans tout le monde. penser que 1920, New Era a longtemps été parmi les mondes des entreprises de premier chapeau, la production d'un produit d'excellente qualité élevée qui a transcendé par la méthode des années 90 + nombre de façon réellement modifier, social et de l'environnement casquette ralph lauren sportif.

Archived