Designcision 2012

Waffles

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

romneyaquafresh.jpg

Cool. I use AquaFresh...he's got my vote! :P

That's a horrible logo, but better than obama_pepsi.jpg

Not seeing the major resemblance between the Pepsi and Obama logos. They're both circles with some red white and blue inside. That's about it.

As for the Romney logo, the R looks like 3 outlines of three different colored "people". Maybe he's pretending to embrace diversity.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

As for the Romney logo, the R looks like 3 outlines of three different colored "people". Maybe he's pretending to embrace diversity.

Yeah, but it looks like each of those "colored" people is turning their back on Romney. Sounds about right.

romneyaquafresh.jpg

Cool. I use AquaFresh...he's got my vote! :P

That's a horrible logo, but better than obama_pepsi.jpg

I'd have to disagree, especially after considering the pepsi logo was introduced after the obama campaign logo

and wow, stuff has really stepped up since obama's campaign.

This was obama's "competition" last year

http://www.herecomesthescience.com/2008/02/06/the-genius-of-the-obama-campaign-logo/

all look generic imo

Yeah, but it looks like each of those "colored" people is turning their back on Romney. Sounds about right.

I'm just going to ignore the old tired "all Republicans are racist" meme and remind you of this instead:

NOTE: This is not the thread to discuss the relative political/personal/philosophical merits of the various candidates for election next year. We already have a thread for that stuff. This thread is strictly to discuss, respectfully and constructively, the branding and other design components - website, merchandise, signage, etc. - of their campaigns.

Come on, man.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm just going to ignore the old tired "all Republicans are racist" meme and remind you of this instead:

NOTE: This is not the thread to discuss the relative political/personal/philosophical merits of the various candidates for election next year. We already have a thread for that stuff. This thread is strictly to discuss, respectfully and constructively, the branding and other design components - website, merchandise, signage, etc. - of their campaigns.

Come on, man.

I appreciate the effort, but you didn't actually ignore the meme. It was more like you called attention to it and made your own partisan comment in return, all in the course of patting yourself on the back for taking the high road. I mean, come on man.

What? It looks like the back of people's heads and Romney wasn't able to secure the nomination the last time due to lack of support. It's a solid joke about an unintentional result of an ambitious but flawed design.

Frankly, it loses power from "dimming" the remainder of Romney's name while having the slogan in bright white. Should the logo be used on any colored bumper sticker but white, the logo will need a border. On a white bumper sticker, you lose the name. Just poorly thought out.

I get that the campaign is trying to emulate the success of the Obama brand by make a letter into a logo. However in execution, it comes off like those Kerry "K" stickers that came after the eye catching W's of W. Bush. Too little, too late.

And I'm sorry, Waffles, but you don't get to control the entire discussion.

His political snark was actually related to the design, so it seems fair game to me.

I was referring to Lights Out's post, not Firefly's.

Back on topic, Obama's new font is indeed a serifed version of Gotham, created by Hoefler & Frere-Jones for the Obama campaign.

Archived