Football Giants 2011 throwback?

nybatt

While reading the uniwatch blog today, specifically the interview with the Arizona student who designs Wikipedia college unis, I clicked over to see the NFL renditions created by "Johnnyseoul"... Anyhow, I clicked on the giants to see the job he had done and was shocked to see that he has listed/rendered the 2011 Giants alternate uniform!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NFCE-UNIFORM-NYG-V3.png

the alternate has some differences from the red-third-jersey uniform set of the past 7 years.. Interesting to see the "michigan-style" winged helmet is depicted.. along with the red jersey, sans TV numbers, and grey stripe-less pants...

I find this very interesting for a couple reasons: first off the red third jersey was not a favorite among giants fans when worn from 2004 through 2008.. secondly, uniwatch mentioned (back in 2009)that the alternate being planned was a real doozy... for some reason this doesn't seem that powerful of an alternate.

Did I completely miss an announcement or 'leak' of the Giants alternate??? If so, I'm disappointed in myself! IF it hasn't been announced, how accurate is this Wikipedia graphic??

nybatt.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's rumored that these will be it

nflnyg1933opt1pics.jpg

that's the one I am hoping for... 'anythinglogos'.. and why I was disappointed with the wikipedia rendering..

:shocked:

Wow I hope that is what they wear

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ontop of that he has this...

AFCE-Uniform-BUF-V3.png

There's no way the BILLS are going with white jerseys with white pants at road games ... it only looks good on the 1965 throwback worn in 2009 with the grazing Bison, NOT with the charging BISON. That is purely bogus!

Why does anyone look at Wikipedia for uniform information when any chucklehead can put something up there and there's no auditing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...

You didn't miss anything - he makes mockups for all the rumors, just in case.

I avoid rumors on there and will always remain spoiler-free. The Giants alternate I have on my Wikipage is just on there for fun (just like the 2011 Bills). You are right that it was on the 2010 Giants uni kit on my page as well. That alternate on there was one of 3 prototypes that Reebok made for them to look at 2 years ago. The other 2 are pretty nice as well and you will be seeing one of them on the field this year.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Why does anyone look at Wikipedia for uniform information when any chucklehead can put something up there and there's no auditing?

lmao...be nice. Actually the NFL uni's are heavily protected on Wikipedia by myself and a few others. Yes, any "chucklehead" can go in an edit, but rarely does it last more than 24hrs without one of us catching it and making the corrections.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

And while I think we all appreciate the work you do there, Wikipedia is only as accurate as the last vandal who edited it. 24 hours is a very long time for fraudulent information to be sitting out there. Just ask Tiki Barber.

You should never trust anything on Wikipedia that doesn't have a verifiable citation next to it. The only informative worth Wikipedia has is as a clearinghouse for those links to reputable sources of information.

And while I think we all appreciate the work you do there, Wikipedia is only as accurate as the last vandal who edited it. 24 hours is a very long time for fraudulent information to be sitting out there. Just ask Tiki Barber.

You should never trust anything on Wikipedia that doesn't have a verifiable citation next to it. The only informative worth Wikipedia has is as a clearinghouse for those links to reputable sources of information.

That is a very valid point.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I don't know what it's worth, but someone who claims to know denied that this is the throwback the Giants will wear, saying, "It's not that old." If I had to guess, I'd guess the 1975 'split logo' uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't know what it's worth, but someone who claims to know denied that this is the throwback the Giants will wear, saying, "It's not that old." If I had to guess, I'd guess the 1975 'split logo' uniform.

Which one are you talking about?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

That would be the year of the "Disco Giants" logo - the one only used for a year.

I'd kill to have that gumball helmet in my collection :-) [no killing would actually occur - this is called sarcasm]

It's where I sit.

That would be the year of the "Disco Giants" logo - the one only used for a year.

I'd kill to have that gumball helmet in my collection :-) [no killing would actually occur - this is called sarcasm]

haha

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived