Jacksonville Jaguars

BrandMooreArt

the Jags are one of the least popular teams in the NFL and IMO have the worst uniforms. this concept is aimed to provide a more appealing uniform design as well as attract more fans. as much as i like the teal and black, i wonder if the color hurts them branding wise? its not a very masculine color, so i think they could benefit with more testosterone in their color palette.

you might say "well the dolphins sport seafoam green, and they're doing fine". true, but thats a franchise with a solid history of success. the Jaguars dont have much. a few AFC championship games and 1 star current player. i hate to use the cop out of adding blue in place of teal, but i really feel the black and blue works well for them and reflects their physical attitude and approach to football. the trick was getting a somewhat unique color, which is hard enough but the 3 other division teams also wear blue. the tint/shade is very similar to the current teal, i just moved the hue to more blue. i adjusted their gold to more of a copper color as well.

n70jdk.png

dhb96v.png

157gqs5.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The home jersey's complete lack of blue makes it seem mismatched with the rest of the set. Maybe make the numbers blue.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The problem for me is that for better or worse, the Jaguars own teal. No matter what they've done with their uniforms, which have been largely forgettable, they've always had teal. And if a perceived deficiency in masculinity is your problem, then I don't think dusty indigo is your solution. If you want to tweak the color palette, the best bet is to go from traditional teal to a more greenish teal, more of a "jungle green," like the Sharks did in 2007.

I don't think it's a very good idea for the team's main color to be completely absent from the road uniform. This is as bad as what the Giants do. The nameplate font, the numbers, and the piping all look collegiate, which is the last thing you want to do with a team that's scrapping for market share with the Florida Gators. Dress like pros.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Aesthetically it's a very nice look, but there is too much blue in that division (and league)

also you used the nike logo on an adidas jersey cut. but just nitpicking there lol

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

I thought you used purple at first. While I applaud your innovative thinking, personally I feel the Jags are synonymous with teal. The new look has a strange blue-ish color and the weird helmets, it's definitely one of if not the worst look in the NFL (bills current look I think has a good grip on worst). The look you made screams ravens to me, with all the black and gold involved with the now darker blue.

I hope someday the Jags take teal back and embrace it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Personally I love the teal and black look, but as long as you've decided on blue here's my one peice of advice.

You've got a lot of blue on one uniform, yet barely any on the white one. Something else has to be blue..numbers? sleeves? I don't know but it doesn't seem like a uniform "set" right now if you know what I mean.

Personally I love the teal and black look, but as long as you've decided on blue here's my one peice of advice.

You've got a lot of blue on one uniform, yet barely any on the white one. Something else has to be blue..numbers? sleeves? I don't know but it doesn't seem like a uniform "set" right now if you know what I mean.

I think this complaint gets voiced a lot, but I don't understand why. The team is never wearing both jerseys at the same time, so why do the home and away jerseys have to look the same. Why can't it be like baseball or soccer? The Detroit Tigers are white and navy at home with a left chest logo, but they are grey, navy and orange on the road with a full chest wordmark. Brazil is primarily yellow, green, blue and white, but changes to blue and white with hardly any yellow or green.

None of this looks bad, mind you, and it's because we never see the team wearing both uniforms at once. Thus, I don't see why its a problem for the Jaguars to go black/blue at home and go black/white on the road. If the uniform looks good, it looks good. Each uniform is worn and therefore should be judged independently of the other.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, there's scarcely any teal on the current Jags road uni, so this matches that. HOWEVER, if teal (or for this concept blue) is your primary color, shouldn't there be more of it than any other color besides white on the road uni?

It's where I sit.

I think this complaint gets voiced a lot, but I don't understand why. The team is never wearing both jerseys at the same time, so why do the home and away jerseys have to look the same. Why can't it be like baseball or soccer? The Detroit Tigers are white and navy at home with a left chest logo, but they are grey, navy and orange on the road with a full chest wordmark. Brazil is primarily yellow, green, blue and white, but changes to blue and white with hardly any yellow or green.

None of this looks bad, mind you, and it's because we never see the team wearing both uniforms at once. Thus, I don't see why its a problem for the Jaguars to go black/blue at home and go black/white on the road. If the uniform looks good, it looks good. Each uniform is worn and therefore should be judged independently of the other.

Well, you have to judge by context. In baseball and soccer, different color schemes at home and on the road has current precedent. Football? Not so much, which is why it sticks out like a sore thumb (and not in a good way) with the Giants. And frankly, a consistent color scheme looks a lot better in football.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It looks good but the jags should never leave teal

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Teal needs to stay. Living in Jacksonville, it is who the Jags are. With that said, it needs to be used in the uniform in the same way it's used in the logo...which is very little. Black jerseys may be overdone, but the Jags need to ditch the teal jerseys and go to black with teal and gold accents full time.

FSU2.gif

Archived