New Jersey Nets logo have new logo updated in 10-11

netsjazz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that Nets logo. I hate the perspective. I hate the colors. I hate the distorted letters. It's not even a backboard and a hoop. Is it intended to be a backboard and a hoop? It looks like a guitar pick, and OKC has one of those already. Why would there be a backboard, a hoop, and a ball, but no net? Why would you construct an abstract, stylized version of the basketball apparatus from which you take your name, but implement every part of it EXCEPT the part from which you take your name? Is the word "NETS" the net here? One more year of this garbage is too many.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, a Jersey native and I've never been a Nets fan. Just a Mickey Mouse organization. Loved what Rod Thorn was able to do and Jason Kidd era are awesome, but...the fact that they botched the Newark move and the HOCKEY TEAM had to do it is just astounding and now this whole unnecessary move to Brooklyn is just another reason for me to be glad when they're gone. Glad Newark gets to host them for a bit at least, but...given they should've been there from the start makes this whole thing a joke. Just like their logo.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

They've never had a net in their logo. The closest they've come is that net-like pattern they use for trim on the current uniform set.

All the more reason to change their name when they move to Brooklyn.

Dumb. That logo is so outdated and bland. Nets makeover requires more than just a "pronounced red"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can't wait for them to ge rid of the Nets identity. Never liked that name, "Brooklyn Nets" just sounds all sorts of awful, and their present identity is insanely weak.

This move is the perfect time to just start over completely.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I still like the name and believe in its promise, they've just been unable to do anything good with it (other than the side panels, which are kind of neat): those chintzy patriotic uniforms, the terrible logo they have now, the weird 1991 uniforms, consistently ugly floors, so on.

I still like the name and believe in its promise, they've just been unable to do anything good with it (other than the side panels, which are kind of neat): those chintzy patriotic uniforms, the terrible logo they have now, the weird 1991 uniforms, consistently ugly floors, so on.

What is it's "promise"? It's like a NFL team being named the Denver Goal Posts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, in a vacuum, but it's meant to play off the Mets and Jets. Nobody anywhere else would think to call a team the Omaha Nets or the Cincinnati Nets because it would be stupid. The idea was "the Jets wanted to rhyme with the Mets, and now watch us figure out how to rhyme with them, too!" more than it was "a basketball net sounds like a good thing to name ourselves for." So all they'd really have to do is wrap themselves in some New York imagery and write off the name as a semi-clever joke, and they could have some good uniforms and logos.

I mean, it was from the 1960s ABA. We're talking about a league with teams called The Floridians and Memphis Pros.

Would a team name itself that now? Absolutely not.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I mean, it was from the 1960s ABA. We're talking about a league with teams called The Floridians and Memphis Pros.

No, I get that. I'm not arguing that, nor am I arguing the "cuteness" factor of the ryming that Admiral pointed out. But you're right - that was then. Once they changed from New York to New Jersey, it stopped being charming. If they change to Brooklyn, it'll be even less charming. I guess I'm just arguing the "promise" that was pointed out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No, I get that. I'm not arguing that, nor am I arguing the "cuteness" factor of the ryming that Admiral pointed out. But you're right - that was then. Once they changed from New York to New Jersey, it stopped being charming. If they change to Brooklyn, it'll be even less charming. I guess I'm just arguing the "promise" that was pointed out.

Gotcha. I think it worked in New Jersey just about as well as any other nickname would have...you gotta admit, there really aren't a whole lot of ripe possibilities for a New Jersey sports team. "Devils" is far and away the best you can do.

But yeah, change it for the move to Brooklyn.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived