Boston in 5

Tampa in 7

West:

Chicago in 7

Los Angeles in 6

Detroit in 7

Anaheim in 6

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just get right to the final. I hope it is Boston v Vancouver so I can spend copious amounts of money to have the right to stand outside Pacific Coliseum GM Place Canada Hockey Place Rogers Arena and watch the Bruins win game 7 and crush the spirits of an entire country sans Alberta, T.O. and the exclave of France known as Quebec.

If you're doing a building name change thing riff, the Coliseum doesn't really belong there, since it has not changed its name, and is not the building formerly known as GM Place.

It was the last place in Vancouver to host a Stanley Cup Final game, though.

So, no, I wasn't. :D

When Lidstrom got whistled in the first to set up a 5-on-3 disadvantage at home, the Joe Louis Arena public address expressed its incredulity through song by playing "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes. Somehow I feel a hockey game in the Joe Louis Arena is the only place 4 Non Blondes could ever get airplay in 2011. I bet they still run most of their music off a Jock Jams tape cassette.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When Lidstrom got whistled in the first to set up a 5-on-3 disadvantage at home, the Joe Louis Arena public address expressed its incredulity through song by playing "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes. Somehow I feel a hockey game in the Joe Louis Arena is the only place 4 Non Blondes could ever get airplay in 2011. I bet they still run most of their music off a Jock Jams tape cassette.

Thank goodness someone else besides me thinks Joe Louis Arena plays the worst/most out of date music in the league

Like, they just played "I Believe in a Thing Called Love". That song hasn't been allowed out of a PA system since 2005.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

They play that song after most penalties.

Its so unfair how the refs target them like that.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

They're already throwing octopus flesh on the ice. Joe Louis Arena has metal detectors at the doors, which to me is really funny, because the only people within Detroit city limits who AREN'T packing heat are the ones who came to watch a Red Wings game. Perhaps they should have octopus detectors, or seafood-sniffing dogs.

They're already throwing octopus flesh on the ice. Joe Louis Arena has metal detectors at the doors, which to me is really funny, because the only people within Detroit city limits who AREN'T packing heat are the ones who came to watch a Red Wings game. Perhaps they should have octopus detectors, or seafood-sniffing dogs.

Actually, I wonder how many of their fans actually live in the city limits.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Well, of course not many, because nobody lives in Detroit anymore. Most Wings season ticketholders live Downriver or in Windsor, which is why they've been reluctant to move out to Auburn Hills while the Joe Louis is replaced.

That statement alone makes me cringe. I can't fathom why you would carry a dead octopus on you and toss it onto the ice. That's just disgusting. Not to mention the ice probably smells afterwards. I'd hate to play on it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

That statement alone makes me cringe. I can't fathom why you would carry a dead octopus on you and toss it onto the ice. That's just disgusting. Not to mention the ice probably smells afterwards. I'd hate to play on it.

Jumping on and off the Red Wing bandwagon every spring takes its toll on the human brain.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

They're already throwing octopus flesh on the ice.

Vancouver fans, not happy with simply having their team emulate the Red Wings' success, have started throwing :censored:ing salmon on the ice.

No idea what they throw in Buffalo or Chicago. Knives and cigars, I imagine.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They just played "Jump Around." Holding out for "100% Pure Love" at this point.

Don't forget "Hooked On a Feeling" for a Power Play

They actually play Don't Stop Believing by Journey towards the end of games that they are winning.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Archived