NEW.ERA

2011 NHL Playoffs

2,851 posts in this topic

Carey Price needed this win to try to turn the tides of his previous playoff letdowns. Right now, I'm happy for him.

I love how people overreact to what happens in game 1 of a series. I'm not going to say it means nothing, but I've seen many teams win game one and loose the series game 3 is the game that starts telling you things and who's starting to get and edge and how far the series will go. Games 1 and 2 are games to feel each other out and then the team that makes the adjustments in game 3 usually does well.

Yeah, exactly. Philly went down 0-3 and came back against Boston. I'm not sweating yet.

Yeah. Vancouver won game one in both its other series against Chicago, so I'm not planning a parade yet either.

Puckguy Suicide Watch Level: LOW

Puckguy Suicide Watch Level - LOW

Especially since he got himself some prolonged postgame face time on FSN.

That's not possible. He told me he didn't go :therock:

Also, would it be too much to ask some of you asshats to stop with the dark, tired, and downright stupid "suicide watch" memes?

Pretty intense game last night, the pavilion was going insane last night. Hoping game 2 is another good contest.

Yesterday was refreshing, I got to watch some good tough hockey. Maybe it'll make up for that tonight when I watch the Blackhawks play their soft, uninspired hockey.

Also, would it be too much to ask some of you asshats to stop with the dark, tired, and downright stupid "suicide watch" memes?

IronChefShark Suicide Watch Level - REGRETTABLY LOW

POTD nominee?

postofday.png

I was just over at Yahoo and was looking at the schedule for todays games and this is what came up.

bg8z7n.jpg

So now we know the outcome of tonights Vancouver/Chicago game. :D

I was braced for a repeat of Wednesday night, but this is ridiculous!

That's not possible. He told me he didn't go :therock:

He must have a doppelgänger in the Bay Area then, because although I haven't met him in person, the guy looked just like him. He was wearing a black Pavelski jersey if I remember correctly...

Stoll gets a game for his hit to the head in game 1.

Caps win 2-0 and are up 2-0 on the Rags.

Giovanni Jones has consumed a child and sang about it, time for Canucks and Blackhawks round 3.2.

Pretty good start from the Hawks to start the game off.

EDIT: JINX!!

Blackhawks gotta be the softest team in the playoffs. No emotion, no physicality, no pursuit. Just a bunch of tired sallies wearing tutus. Vancouver is almost being nice by keeping it close, it seems like they're pacing themselves with the realization of how bad the Hawks are compared to last year.

Dear Canucks organization,

Why the :censored: are tickets so goddamn expensive. $120 for an upper bowl seat? Give me a break.

Dear Canucks organization,

Why the :censored: are tickets so goddamn expensive. $120 for an upper bowl seat? Give me a break.

Supply and demand. You shouldn't be complaining. The more money the team brings in the more they can ultimately put back into the team and the on-ice product will remain at the top of the league.

Blackhawks gotta be the softest team in the playoffs. No emotion, no physicality, no pursuit. Just a bunch of tired sallies wearing tutus. Vancouver is almost being nice by keeping it close, it seems like they're pacing themselves with the realization of how bad the Hawks are compared to last year.

They made far too many changes following their 2010 Stanley Cup victory. Their main priority should have been keeping as much of the team in tact as possible.

They did keep as much of the team intact as possible. They would've kept more players if Dale Tallon didn't sleep in with a hangover and accidentally non-tender half the roster in the summer of '09, forcing him to pay Kris Versteeg $14 million over four years after one season, or if he didn't look at an overweight and positionless Dustin Byfuglien in 2008 and pay him $9MM over three. They didn't gut the roster for the goddamn fun of it.

Supply and demand. You shouldn't be complaining. The more money the team brings in the more they can ultimately put back into the team and the on-ice product will remain at the top of the league.

Not if there are teams losing money elsewhere, thus lowering the profit the league as a whole makes and lowering the salary cap.

Owners charge ticket prices based on supply and demand but they pay employee prices based on an artificial ceiling.

They made far too many changes following their 2010 Stanley Cup victory. Their main priority should have been keeping as much of the team in tact as possible.

What makes you think they didn't do that? Chicago was seriously cap-:censored:ed last summer. I'm amazed they kept as much of their team as they did.

The Hawks had major cap issues, they couldn't keep everyone. If they weren't handcuffed to Campbell's contract they could have kept some more of their grit guys.