2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

Somebody brought it up in a previous thread, but Bullets sounds like a female version of the Chicago Bulls (Bullettes). The Gilbert Arena situation means that we shouldn't expect a name change any time soon.

Amazing how no one confuses the Rockets with the Rockettes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great. they are going to have the same color scheme as the Hawks. can we not just make all 32 NBA teams red and blue while we are at it?

New standard for the NBA going forward: All Western Conference teams go with columbia and navy; all Eastern Conference teams go with red and navy. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

great. they are going to have the same color scheme as the Hawks. can we not just make all 32 NBA teams red and blue while we are at it?

New standard for the NBA going forward: All Western Conference teams go with columbia and navy; all Eastern Conference teams go with red and navy. :P

Which is the exact opposite of the conference logos....in the quest for standardization, the NBA swings and misses :P

Which, oddly enough, are the colors in use during Bermuda's annual Cup Match cricket match: Somerset (red/navy, representing Western Bermuda) vs. St. George's (light blue/navy, representing Eastern Bermuda).

(Random, I know)

According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, the current Wizards logo of the wizard doing a lay-up with the crescent moon the background will no longer be prominent.

While the team has been pretty tight-lipped about the entire re-design, multiple sources have informed me that the current logo ? with a wizard shooting out of a crescent basketball ? will no longer be prominent image to represent the franchise.

Something new will replace it, and I hear that it will go a long way toward reconnecting with the past. That wouldn?t be a stretch, considering how Leonsis already established the Bullets-Wizards alumni association and what he did when he made his last significant uniform change with the NHL?s Capitals, essentially modernizing the old look.

Here's the whole article. here

90758391980.gif

"No longer be prominent" makes it seem like they'll be doing the typical recolor the primary and never use it on the court or uniforms. Whatever they do, it's only ten hours away.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Somebody brought it up in a previous thread, but Bullets sounds like a female version of the Chicago Bulls (Bullettes). The Gilbert Arena situation means that we shouldn't expect a name change any time soon.

Amazing how no one confuses the Rockets with the Rockettes.

That's a good point.

However, there are no NBA teams with the word "Rock" in their nickname so there is no point of comparison between Houston and any other team. Also, due to political correctness, if Washington renamed to Bullets they wouldn't even include any form of weapon imagery in their branding which would give the team a somewhat generic look. The Rockets however, do include an actual Rocket in their logo (though it is more subtle in their older logo). Also, Houston is often associated with space travel.

But yeah, I do conclude that few people besides me would consider the Bullets a female version of the Bulls.

The Wizards added this to their facebook page earlier. A hint? We all basically know, but the details aren't flushed out yet. Will that font be used?

226784_10150175356798741_29805028740_6957459_3787851_n.jpg

Archived