2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

yqo7c.jpg

I hope the colors on the Knicks' real jersey wont be that light. I prefer a deeper/darker blue at least.

To me, it looks like these video game designers aren't taking color space into consideration...the colors should match these:

NewYorkKnicks_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't exactly trust NBA Jam as the bible for what a team's new court will look like. Just look at last year's game and see what they had for the Cavs' court. Not even remotely close.

According to someone who works at 2K Sports, the NBA videogames that came out last year used official NBA court designs given to them. The Cavaliers court was the same in NBA Jam, NBA Elite (lol) and NBA 2K. They fixed it in 2K though.

bSLCtu2.png

In a reply to my question, the same Twitter-er that broke news that Utah was getting an alt. jersey said that the color scheme would be Green/Athletic Gold. While I'm not usually a fan of teams having alternates that leave out a color, I feel as though the Jazz could leave any trace of navy out of this 3rd and still look good, though I think that a simple swap of green/navy is likely and would be acceptable.

My hope deep down is that within a year or so (whether or not this season happens), the green jersey will become the primary road jersey while the current navy is phased out. Perhaps a new navy 3rd (with a different design) will be introduced, or navy could be dropped altogether. That could lead to Utah either bringing back purple (perhaps a darker, plumish purple) or going with royal blue as trim, and eventually a new 3rd. While it would be awfully quick, I can see this happening to give the Jazz a color that stands out from the green.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

In a reply to my question, the same Twitter-er that broke news that Utah was getting an alt. jersey said that the color scheme would be Green/Athletic Gold. While I'm not usually a fan of teams having alternates that leave out a color, I feel as though the Jazz could leave any trace of navy out of this 3rd and still look good, though I think that a simple swap of green/navy is likely and would be acceptable.

My hope deep down is that within a year or so (whether or not this season happens), the green jersey will become the primary road jersey while the current navy is phased out. Perhaps a new navy 3rd (with a different design) will be introduced, or navy could be dropped altogether. That could lead to Utah either bringing back purple (perhaps a darker, plumish purple) or going with royal blue as trim, and eventually a new 3rd. While it would be awfully quick, I can see this happening to give the Jazz a color that stands out from the green.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see the Jazz become mostly green and yellow. With a cool name like "Jazz," I think they need a "cool" color to emphasize, whether it's navy, deep blue, or purple. I don't even think royal blue would suffice. I'm fine with them getting a green alternate as long as it's not overused. I'd like to see green remain a trim color.

Green is underused in the NBA, I agree with that; but I don't think there are many NBA identities that lend themselves to emphasizing green without it seeming forced. I think the two teams that emphasize green are enough.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's not the P. Diddy wordmark, IIRC.. The P. Diddy trashbags had "MAVERICKS" across the front. The old green alts with this wordmark weren't designed by him.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That's not the P. Diddy wordmark, IIRC.. The P. Diddy trashbags had "MAVERICKS" across the front. The old green alts with this wordmark weren't designed by him.

Actually they were designed by him, I remember when they unveiled them. Plus look at the mothership if you dont believe me...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=buhx58lt0qrecakozbpe4q2le

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

So with these (potentially legit) new Mavs alts, and the rumors of the Jazz getting an alt, I wonder if the NBA is basically whizzing the 2-year-wait rule down its leg.

How? The Jazz have had their identity for 2 seasons already and the Mavs have had their's for nearly 10 years.

And the trash bags were indeed the ones before the Diddy's, which IMO, looked just as bad.

So with these (potentially legit) new Mavs alts, and the rumors of the Jazz getting an alt, I wonder if the NBA is basically whizzing the 2-year-wait rule down its leg.

How? The Jazz have had their identity for 2 seasons already and the Mavs have had their's for nearly 10 years.

Wrong and wrong.

The Jazz have only had their current identity for one season.

The Mavs have only had their current road jerseys for one season, which is why they didn't have an alternate last season. This upcoming season will be the second season with their current uniform set.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Wrong and wrong.

The Jazz have only had their current identity for one season.

The Mavs have only had their current road jerseys for one season, which is why they didn't have an alternate last season. This upcoming season will be the second season with their current uniform set.

I got confused on the Jazz coz it seems like it's been 2 years, but the Mavs swapping colors of the road, I believe, would not prevent them from having an alternate. It wasn't an identity change.

When people in here say, "they've heard some rumors," does that mean they've literally heard people talking about them or do they mean they've just read it somewhere online?

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

Archived