2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard rumors of the Jazz getting green, Mavs and Sixers blue, as well as Kings and OKC adding alternates.

Also heard the suns might get new uniforms next season.

Sixers' blue will be nice. And I'm assuming/hoping will read 'Phila.'

I don't understand why Sacramento would add an alternate if they are headed to Anaheim soon.

OKC needs an entirely new brand, adding a new alternate is comparable to giving a heroin addict crack cocaine.

I don't understand why Sacramento would add an alternate if they are headed to Anaheim

Not so fast....New $400 million plan in Sacramento was introduced this week.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've heard rumors of the Jazz getting green, Mavs and Sixers blue, as well as Kings and OKC adding alternates.

Hopefully they'll look like this:

Mitchell-Ness-Wilt-Chamberlain-Philadelphia-76ers-1966-Authentic-Throwback-Jersey-Royal-Blue.jpg

Mitchell-Ness-Wilt-Chamberlain-Philadelphia-76ers-1966-Authentic-Throwback-Jersey-Royal-Blue.jpg

you can buy this on sixers.com for 40 bucks.

p9432159reg.jpg

altho if they do come out with a blue alt this year (next?) i hope it's a modern take on this

p5298961dt.jpg

21dh5qp.png

That particular "Iverson Era" jersey was only worn for the first couple of years, and it sucked, because the wordmark had that outline and was essentially just a big patch. The home version was worse, because it was gold. They got it right in '01, when they ditched the outline, made the home wordmark black, and shifted the number over a little bit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

An updated version of that would be perfect - the old school style fits perfectly with the current set, while the "Phila" makes it more than just a cookie-cutter recolor. Plus, all 3 jerseys would be modernizations of championship year jerseys.

The Sixers are basically the franchise that alternate jerseys were made for - since they could never decide between blue and red roads. Ironic they first got alts when they wore neither in favor of the ever-patriotic and traditional black. I still don't know why, when they introduced the red alt, they didn't make the blue the primary and ditch the black - that would have solved everything.

An updated version of that would be perfect - the old school style fits perfectly with the current set, while the "Phila" makes it more than just a cookie-cutter recolor. Plus, all 3 jerseys would be modernizations of championship year jerseys.

Agreed, with the boringness (no offense) of their current set, the last thing the Sixers need is a cookie cutter recolor for the alt. It would be pretty bad IMO if they just get a generic-looking blue jersey that says SIXERS. Plus PHILA just looks cool. Or, at the very least, try could to put "Philadelphia" on a jersey - if they can make it fit, I think it could have some potential.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Agreed, with the boringness (no offense) of their current set

It's largely due to the new collar design man, put the classic round collar or a normal v neck and it would look less boring + sixers script not having different colour outline doesn't help either.

Last year's collar design sucked too but it worked much better with the whole design

sixersuni21.JPG

I actually preferred the gold script. The black "Sixers" script was a little too dull and messed up the color distribution.

72452967_display_image.jpg

I can't get past the whole patch effect. Maybe a gold script with a black outline around each letter would work better, but with the letters that condensed and the extra red outline, it's just too hockey-crest-ish to me.

I don't consider the current jerseys to be modernizations of the '83 set though, and I'm not sure that there's a way to argue that they are. I get that minimalism = modern in 2011, but these are simply too minimal to be considered modern IMO. The argument would be better if the numbers on the home jersey were blue, but being that they're red, I think they were clearly going for a new design that was "inspired" by the old ones (and fit into the old-logo's color scheme) but not a "modernization" of the old ones. Overall, with the modern collar but ridiculously minimal wordmark and numbers, it's just a big mess to me. Had they gone with a different font for at least the numbers (if not the whole thing), it might look a lot better, but now it just looks like another faux-old jersey.

The blue might look a lot better with a white PHILA on it, but even then, the one it's based on (well, the most famous one, since there have been several jerseys with PHILA on them) had red letters, not white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't consider the current jerseys to be modernizations of the '83 set though, and I'm not sure that there's a way to argue that they are.

Oh, that's just semantics, I completely agree with you. They're only modernizations in the sense that they are literally modern in that they were introduced and used in 2010 or whatever.

Better termed walmart-izations, as they look like they were too cheap to put any trim on the wordmark or numbers.

Archived