2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

I don't consider the current jerseys to be modernizations of the '83 set though, and I'm not sure that there's a way to argue that they are.

Oh, that's just semantics, I completely agree with you. They're only modernizations in the sense that they are literally modern in that they were introduced and used in 2010 or whatever.

Better termed walmart-izations, as they look like they were too cheap to put any trim on the wordmark or numbers.

"walmart-izations". I like that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Confirmed uni changes by 2k12...

New Jazz alt...

28rl25w.png

New Kings alt...

2cnz9jq.png

New Mavs alt..

m79hqs.png

(And the Los Mavs is in similar color...)

New Sixers alt...

9hsy1d.png

2m5e0lv.png

New Cavs fanatic unis...

plus the Magic have EL Magic unis...

http://whosbestnbateam.blogspot.com/

On the hill we view the silence of the valley, Called to witness cycles only of the past, And we reach all this with movements in between the said remark

Close to the edge, down by the river, Down at the end, round by the corner

Seasons will pass you by, Now that it's all over and done, called to the seed, right to the sun, Now that you find now that you're whole

Seasons will pass you by, I get up, I get down -Yes

New Jazz alt...

28rl25w.png

I'm glad to see a green alternate. That said...a different design from the regular would have been a little better. Granted, we can't see the entire uniform, but it appears it's just a simple recolor of the road. Pretty "meh" to me.

Kind of related, but I really hope in the coming years that the Jazz go back to purple as the primary color. This dark navy has yet to really win me over, and I miss the purple days. Looking back, introducing navy to even the 2004 set was a mistake. That set would have been saved if it were purple and powder, and now this one needs the purple to save it too.

And regarding the Kings, that alt actually looks really nice. I'd still prefer that they go directly back to the Richmond-Webber set, though. Do that, and call it a day.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

are the kings going to change their logo anytime soon? logo looks outdated and im not sure but i heard somewhere when the king changed to their current unis that the kings have a new logo in place, they are just waiting to either move or get an new area.

Jazz - Kind of cool to see the Jazz go back to green jerseys. I was hoping that they would've done that when they went the fauxback route last season, but I guess I'll settle for it being an alternate.

Kings - They just won't let that awful script die, huh.

Mavs - So it's the old green alternates resurrected with a double-blue color scheme. If they were gonna do that, they should've just brought back the green jerseys. At least those were unique. It's not a bad uniform, though, but it blends right in with the rest of the bland black-or-blue NBA uniforms.

Sixers - It's a blue version of their road uniforms. Their current unis are already boring, and this fits right in.

Cavs - Meh.

Underwhelming crop of uniforms, here. Can't wait to see them in action in 2012!!!

Not sure why the cavs didn't just go with a gold jersey with arched "cleveland" on the front. I understand the posted image is of the Cavfanatic, but they really need a legit alternate, not just a 1-game jersey. Having said that, it's a bit tough to see the jersey but it looks okay. I'd rather see them stick with the black/orange/blue color scheme for CF's, so maybe that would look better. Black jersey, blue numbers with orange outlines? would look pretty cool.

I'm not sure about my Kings overall. I have always liked the purple and black look, but the current scripts have became stale. If they can get a new arena, then I think that maybe they should keep the colors, but do a full scale change of everything else.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

They all look extra bad because of the image quality; like everyone has said for Jazz / Sixers, too bad they're kind of just recolors.

The CavsFanatic once again is a kind of an interesting way of tying together the zillion color schemes and designs of the past; these kind of echo the late 80's (minus the net in the V) - the color scheme of the trim evokes the old in a "red and yellow (or wine and gold) make orange" kind of way.

New Jazz alt...

28rl25w.png

I'm glad to see a green alternate. That said...a different design from the regular would have been a little better. Granted, we can't see the entire uniform, but it appears it's just a simple recolor of the road. Pretty "meh" to me.

Kind of related, but I really hope in the coming years that the Jazz go back to purple as the primary color. This dark navy has yet to really win me over, and I miss the purple days. Looking back, introducing navy to even the 2004 set was a mistake. That set would have been saved if it were purple and powder, and now this one needs the purple to save it too.

And regarding the Kings, that alt actually looks really nice. I'd still prefer that they go directly back to the Richmond-Webber set, though. Do that, and call it a day.

Whats new? The Jazz's entire identity from the logos, to the colors, to the uniforms is pretty "meh". I understand nostalgia, but wow, Utah DID NOT need to return to that old identity. Its like some designer said "what he have now sucks [it did], but I can't come up with anything better. And, hey, throwbacks sell well so lets just do that." SO F-ING LAZY. Ugh.

Same goes for you Philly, even though I actually like their new unis. The logo package is awful.

Wasn't it the success of the green throwback that led to the Jazz redesign in the first place? I'm still surpised thay didn't just carry that over as part of this new/old look. Looks like this one might incorporate navy, which would be a downgrade IMO.

I like the current "Kings" script and thought it was an upgrade when they went away from the increasingly dated script of their logo, but that's about it. Not a fan of using the Monarchs city name at home and now this new alt looks like it might be CavFanatic-ish. As someone else said, maybe once they settle on a location...

I like the simplified Sixers look, but I think they should have stuck with red for a while. Adding this blue recolor will only dilute the rebrand for me. But maybe that's ultimately who the 76ers are -- a team torn between red and blue -- except when they're black. :)

Archived