175 replies to this topic

#1 njmeadowlanders

njmeadowlanders
  • @GoldAsIce

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

• Favourite Logos:New York Mets

Posted April 25, 2011 - 17:58

The 15th Season of South Park kicks off this Wednesday at 10 Eastern. My guess for the opener was Charlie Sheen, but instead it's:

The Human Centipad

Kyle is intimately involved in the development of a revolutionary new product that is about to be launched by Apple. Meanwhile, Cartman doesn't even have a regular iPad yet. He blames his mother.

I didn't see the Human Centipede but I do know enough about it to hopefully get the jokes on it.

In the words of Bart Scott: Can't Wait

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

#2 Jahgee

Jahgee
  • Lord I want to thank you for my smokin' hot wife.

• Banned
  • 1,243 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 18:00

The 15th Season of South Park kicks off this Wednesday at 10 Eastern. My guess for the opener was Charlie Sheen, but instead it's:

The Human Centipad

Kyle is intimately involved in the development of a revolutionary new product that is about to be launched by Apple. Meanwhile, Cartman doesn't even have a regular iPad yet. He blames his mother.

I didn't see the Human Centipede but I do know enough about it to hopefully get the jokes on it.

In the words of Bart Scott: Can't Wait

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Seadragon76

Seadragon76
  • Southern Iowa Athletics: Thunderbirds.. Are... GO!

• Members
  • 8,046 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 20:57

This episode sounds a lot like the one where Cartman froze himself so he can get a GameCube, but he ends up in some weird ass version of the future.

Oh, and trust me. Those guys will have a Charlie Sheen based episode up their sleeves for this season.

Seadragon Fantasy Sports - Where success comes once in a blood moon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iowa Raccoons (CL - 2013 CL Playoff Champions)  - Des Moines Elks (IBL) - Dynamo Iowa FC (USA) - Omaha Monarchs (CAFL)

San Antonio Silver Hawks (UFL)  - Thunder Bay Giants (TNFF)  - Southern Iowa Thunderbirds (NCFA)  - Tokyo Samurai (WAFA)

#4 CS85

CS85
  • Inflatable Animals

• Members
  • 13,246 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 06:37

I'm hoping at least sometime this season, the guys at south park have 1 or 2 episodes that don't rely on pop culture references and have a story that takes place within the south park town and people. I miss those episodes.

#5 CS85

CS85
  • Inflatable Animals

• Members
  • 13,246 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 21:35

New episode wasn't bad. The only part that made me get a good laugh was the "cuttlefish or vanilla paste," otherwise it was mediocre. Once again they rode a cartman gag deep, deep, DEEP into the ground that wasn't that funny to begin with. Hopefully the writers are holding some strong cards to play later.

#6 njmeadowlanders

njmeadowlanders
  • @GoldAsIce

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 22:30

It's South Park. They produce an episode in six days from scratch. They're not holding anything back at any time.

That being said, I thought this was great this week. Didn't see the Human Centipede but I know enough about it to have got all the references...good start to teh season.

#7 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 00:32

The first couple tend to be in the ok-good range and then start to really hit. That said I actually thought the :censored: me gag was pretty awesome. Got a few laughs, more than the centipede references did.

#8 scottysprings

scottysprings

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 00:38

I was pretty underwhelmed this week; The recurring user-agreement gag lost its humor pretty quickly. The Dr.Phil audience and Cartman getting struck down by God were the best parts of the episode imo.

#9 NJTank

NJTank
  • Being a Mets fan is like being water boarded on a nightly basis

• Members
  • 40,251 posts

Detroit Red Wings
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Boston Celtics

Posted April 28, 2011 - 00:43

Cartman getting struck by Lightning was classic
Posted Image
www.sportsecyclopedia.com
For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com
Posted Image

#10 pmoehrin

pmoehrin

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 03:53

I found it to be pretty funny.

What do you mean you don't read the user agreement? Everyone reads the user agreement. Nobody just agrees to something without reading it first. My all-time favorite user agreement is the one for a DVD copier I have. You must agree not to use this in order to copy copyrighted movies. No, I had no intentions of buying a $200 DVD copier in order to make illegal copies of movies. I just happen to be in the business of distributing every single one of my families home videos.

They did a good job of criticizing what Apple has become. There are plenty of devices that cost less and do almost the exact same thing as the Ipad. They don't sell as well though in part because Apple has become a status symbol. People are not looking to buy the product they are looking to buy the brand and Cartman was a good symbol of the absurd lengths people can go through when they want a product for that particular reason.

#11 jayjackson3

jayjackson3
  • Baseball!

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 13:00

It wasn't terrible. But it wasn't up there with any of the great ones either.

#12 Cujo

Cujo
  • Duke City

• Members
  • 18,103 posts

Posted April 30, 2011 - 01:40

Liked the idea, but the execution was 'meh'. Had a couple moments, but could've, and should've been much better.

abq_sig_red.png

cujo_twitter.png

#13 goalieboy82

goalieboy82
  • the sun is blotted out as Joe Don Baker approaches

• Members
  • 2,349 posts

Posted May 2, 2011 - 14:28

looking forward to this week's show.
so long and thanks for all the fish.

#14 Webhamster

Webhamster
  • Not taking things seriously since 1988.

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted May 2, 2011 - 14:54

"At the schools first annual Comedy Awards, Jimmy announces that the Germans are the least funny people in the world. Germany is highly insulted. They vow that retaliation toward the kids at South Park Elementary will be swift and brutal."

One has to wonder if they're going to shelve "Funnybot" for a week in light of last night's events and frantically churn out something else...or massively rework a major part of the episode.

#15 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted May 2, 2011 - 16:36

"At the schools first annual Comedy Awards, Jimmy announces that the Germans are the least funny people in the world. Germany is highly insulted. They vow that retaliation toward the kids at South Park Elementary will be swift and brutal."

One has to wonder if they're going to shelve "Funnybot" for a week in light of last night's events and frantically churn out something else...or massively rework a major part of the episode.

My money is on rework a bit. Remember the Christmastime in Canada episode three days after Saddam was captured?

#16 Bronxmet

Bronxmet

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted May 2, 2011 - 18:39

Wait a minute, South Park already showed that they killed Bin Laden, in the end of "It's a Jersey Thing," after al-Qaeda helped stop the expansion of New Jersey by killing all the Italians.

#17 mania

mania

• Members
  • 7,455 posts

Posted May 2, 2011 - 18:42

Wait a minute, South Park already showed that they killed Bin Laden, in the end of "It's a Jersey Thing," after al-Qaeda helped stop the expansion of New Jersey by killing all the Italians.

They also killed him at the end of Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants... and then they killed Saddam probably 5-6 times throughout the show's history, so I doubt having done it before will stop P&S.

#18 njmeadowlanders

njmeadowlanders
  • @GoldAsIce

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted May 2, 2011 - 19:59

They also killed him at the end of Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants... and then they killed Saddam probably 5-6 times throughout the show's history, so I doubt having done it before will stop P&S.

Yeah, they never repeatedly killed a character on South Park...

Posted Image

#19 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted May 4, 2011 - 20:34

They just showed Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants, and they are showing Its a Jersey Thing right now.

Ladies and Gents, there will be a Bin Laden sighting in the new episode.

#20 njmeadowlanders

njmeadowlanders
  • @GoldAsIce

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted May 4, 2011 - 21:47

Very disappointed this week. I didn't enjoy it. I also kept thinking "didn't they sort of already do this with Awesome-o"?