njmeadowlanders

South Park Season 16

199 posts in this topic

I didn't like Season 15 that much. It was alright, but nowhere near as great as most of the previous seasons. It seems like Matt and Trey are often phoning it in, it has simply lost a lot of it's trademark humor. It's still one of the best comedies on TV, but that's mainly because most current comedies suck.

TMI and last night's episodes were the only great ones. Most weren't that great, but there wasn't exactly a truly bad episode (honestly I've only seen a few minutes of Funnybot, and liked the parts I saw, so I believe it's not as bad as people say).

Probably the weakest season since all the way to Season Two. Let's hope things pick up next year.

What killed me was the vulture. They fully explained that Kenny can't die, so what the hell was the point? And why the hell would Cartman think that he was back to being the poor one if Kenny was back in bed like every other time?

What killed me was the vulture. They fully explained that Kenny can't die, so what the hell was the point? And why the hell would Cartman think that he was back to being the poor one if Kenny was back in bed like every other time?

Its South Park dont put too much thought into it, just laugh.

I honestly wasn't expecting the Penn State jokes, but they got me to laugh audibly for the first time since Season 13.

The new ep wasn't bad. The white trash in trouble thing wasn't bad, but they bled the hell out of the PSU/Yo Mamma jokes. Nothing special, but not the worst ep I've seen.

edit: The vulture thing was perhaps the most random thing South Park has ever done.

I've been re-watching old south parks from seasons 3 and 4, and holy hell - they are gut busting! Hilarious by far in comparison to the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I've been re-watching old south parks from seasons 3 and 4, and holy hell - they are gut busting! Hilarious by far in comparison to the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Season 2 is the best bar-none. If you managed to make broadcasting illegal and shut down the internet and stole all of my entertainment sans one DVD set, that's what I'd go with for the rest of my life.

New season started tonight. Wasn't bad, but yeah just kinda more of the same.

You're two weeks too late.

This episode wasn't funny at all, I got the joke but the execution was kind of meh. Could have done better. I really like the previous episodes so far this season, though.

First episode - Men/Women Toilet Seat issue - Decent. Wasn't the greatest premise, but they did what they could with that.

Second episode - Cash For Gold/Shopping Networks - I thought this was really funny. Easily the best of the first 3.

Third episode - Memes - I thought it was mildly amusing. Not great, but not terrible. Just ok. Kinda dropped off towards the end. It was a topic they could have done SO much more with, but kinda dropped the ball. The train bit/safety video got me to laugh the first couple times, but god, did that stupid cat video clip get annoying.

(BTW, should we change this thread title/start a new thread? idk)

Oh god, I've totally been out of the loop. Sigh.

Yeah I watched the meme ep, is more to the point. Meh, I say.

I actually loved last night's episode. I was dying with the second Republican debate having the cat thrown in.

Cash for Gold is the best one so far in my opinion.

Finally this season had a classic episode, and a great smack down at the maker of the Kony2012 video and his breakdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LKcsB8OMw8&feature=related

I've had this song stuck him my head for 2 days. Also, wouldn't it be great if the Padres power hitter (do they have one?) used this as his at bat music!? "Jackin it in San Diego"

"Come, take a load off."

I moved to San Diego 3 months ago yesterday from New Jersey. Needless to say I've received numerous texts about Jackin' it in San Diego.

I was in San Diego last weekend. That whole scene was spot on.

I'm kind of surprised more people didn't like the TSA episode. The only thing I could think of with that episode was that in going back and forth between Colorado and NYC Matt Stone and Trey Parker had to have the pleasure of going through post 9/11 Newark Liberty International at some point. There are security measures I haven't seen at any other airport but Newark. And its not like these measures appear to be all that helpful in terms of stopping terrorists. They came off as redundant and are being handled by people who by in large I wouldn't trust to handle my garbage let alone issues of National security.

I feel like if you've only flown through normal airports like Dallas, Cincinnati or Vegas you don't have a real understanding of just how incompetent and awful security at a place like Newark Liberty can be which is sadly not that far off from what was described in the South Park episode. Its amazing that the place can even still function as an airport.

Silly pmoehrin that is just normal Newark, everything is redundant and ridiculous.

I'm kind of surprised more people didn't like the TSA episode. The only thing I could think of with that episode was that in going back and forth between Colorado and NYC Matt Stone and Trey Parker had to have the pleasure of going through post 9/11 Newark Liberty International at some point. There are security measures I haven't seen at any other airport but Newark. And its not like these measures appear to be all that helpful in terms of stopping terrorists. They came off as redundant and are being handled by people who by in large I wouldn't trust to handle my garbage let alone issues of National security.

I feel like if you've only flown through normal airports like Dallas, Cincinnati or Vegas you don't have a real understanding of just how incompetent and awful security at a place like Newark Liberty can be which is sadly not that far off from what was described in the South Park episode. Its amazing that the place can even still function as an airport.

I flew through Newark in the summer of 2010 and it was a nightmare. By far the worst airport I've ever been to.

I SHOULD'VE NEVER GONE ZIPLINING!

I loved this episode. They went for and nailed something completely different. That live-action sequence was phenomenal. I loved this episode. (Wait, I already said that, didn't I?)