Wizards 2011 Uniform Change

Red&Blue Crew

New pictures of John Wall's first signature shoe (Reebok Zig Encore) have surfaced. According to Sneakerfiles.com, Wall will sport these for the 2011 The first images show a black/royal blue colorway and the blue should be pretty close to the shade used on the Wizards new duds. Let the discussion begin.

Reebok-Zig-Nano-John-Walls-1st-Signature-1-.jpgReebok-Zig-Nano-John-Walls-1st-Signature-4.jpg

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be very surprised if this ends up being the actual blue they use. I thought the whole point of the color change was to make them match up with the Caps, Mystics, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Nats. I'm just speculating though, it's not like I have inside info.

Also, If anything, that blue looks like the blue they've been using for the past 14 seasons.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I thought the whole point of the color change was to make them match up with the Caps, Mystics, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Nats.

Just like their first change when they wanted to match with the Capitals old blue, black, and bronze scheme.

I would be very surprised if this ends up being the actual blue they use. I thought the whole point of the color change was to make them match up with the Caps, Mystics, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Nats. I'm just speculating though, it's not like I have inside info.

Also, If anything, that blue looks like the blue they've been using for the past 14 seasons.

O RLY?

IMO the Wizards current color looks nothing like the shoe.

Reebok-Zig-Nano-John-Walls-1st-Signature-1-.jpgrr8vfgf76pluackgou0j3odaj.gif

The main reason i believe that the kicks will match the jerseys is that Adidas obviously makes the NBA Uni's & Reebok is owned by Adidas. They've seen the new uni set so why not match it? But ....... I could be wrong?

O RLY?

Reebok-Zig-Nano-John-Walls-1st-Signature-1-.jpg

The main reason i believe that the kicks will match the jerseys is that Adidas obviously makes the NBA Uni's & Reebok is owned by Adidas. They've seen the new uni set so why not match it? But ....... I could be wrong?

Looks to me like they just went with the same colors as last year's zigtech basketball shoes...

john-wall-reebok-zig-tech-slash-summary.jpg

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the Wizards new look, because I highly doubt the Wizards new look will include that much black.

90758391980.gif

O RLY?

Reebok-Zig-Nano-John-Walls-1st-Signature-1-.jpg

Looks to me like they just went with the same colors as last year's zigtech basketball shoes...

john-wall-reebok-zig-tech-slash-summary.jpg

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the Wizards new look, because I highly doubt the Wizards new look will include that much black.

Looking at last years shoe, it does look kind of similar but the one on the left looks more like the current Wizards colors. Also, I didn't mean to suggest that I think the new set will include black, I figured it was an away PE (Player Edition) which are typically black.

In the interest of completeness, here's another colorway of Wall's signature shoe for the next season:

reebok-zig-nano-john-wall-white-black-red-03.JPG

The Wizards will not be wearing red and black next year, either. I don't think the colorways of these early samples give us any clues about the specific shades of r/w/b the Wizards will unveil in their re-brand on May 10.

Ahh, looking at that tongue it looks like Johnny Wall got himself his very own logo.

90758391980.gif

Mods: I'm not sure if you guys want to consolidate this into the 2011-12 NBA Logo & Uni Changes thread, but as others have noted in that thread, the Wizards have leaked a bit of their color scheme to season ticket holders:

PAST-FUTURE-EMAIL-HEADER-STREAM.JPG

Unless the Wizards plan to use multiple blues (which, clearly, is not unheard of in today's NBA), it appears that they plan to go with red and navy (a la the Capitals), instead of the lighter blue used in the sample signature shoe colorway.

Ahh, looking at that tongue it looks like Johnny Wall got himself his very own logo.

Yeah, I saw that too. I haven't seen a clear, head-on photo of it, but from what I can see here, it's fairly bland. It appears to reference his old college #11 (in the prominent parallel "arms" of the "W") instead of his current #2. Is it supposed to be a stylized zigtech "W"? I can't really tell.

Of course, it's not uncommon for players to upgrade their personal logos over time; Tiger's current "TW flag" logo is a major upgrade over that weird oval he used to have. Jordan's iconic Jumpman is much better than its winged-ball predecessor. Etc. Most other players' personal logos are fairly lazy.

I do prefer Kobe's silhouette profile logo from his Adidas days over his current Starfleet academy tripod log, but that's about it.

The Wizards have one of if not the most absurd logos in all of sports. If all they do is recolor it with Red, White, and Blue, it would be a real shame. I'm not entirely sold on the "leaked" image. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Not returning to the old Bullets moniker was a mistake. Not changing this God-awful logo would be a travesty.

The shoes that John Wall currently wear use a Reebok color called "Instinct Blue", this color is not the same color as the shade of blue the Wizards use. So this does not necessarily mean these are the Wizards new colors.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Archived