Winnipeg Wolves Concept

AlaskaAJ

OK, so with the rumored relocation of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg, they will presumably adopt a new logo set. The following is what I personally think they should use. It has been announced the moniker "Jets" will not be used, which leaves the search of a name open. I chose 'Wolves' for my concept as it signifies individual strength and power in teamwork. The colors are borrowed from fellow Winnipeg team, the CFL's Blue Bombers. I feel these colors are recognizable to Canadians outside of Winnipeg, and I also feel Winnipeg could become a city that uses one color scheme (IE: Pittsburgh). Without further adieu, here is the...

...Primary Logo

WinnipegWolvesLogoAway.png

...Teritary Logo

WolvesTeritary.png

...Wordmark

WinnipegWolvesWordmark.png

... and the Jerseys. For the jerseys, I tried to go with a traditional feel without the jerseys becoming too cluttered, and an modern font mixed in for the numbers and NOB.

WinnipegWolvesHomeJersey.png

WinnipegWolvesAwayJersey.png

WinnipegWolvesAlternateJersey.png

...C & C?

ccslcsig-4.png

I like the idea the not a fan of the font though. Also try not to make the logo so much like this...top-wolf.gif

Im not saying you stole it, I just think the wolf needs more detail

3535rx3.jpg

Hey Alaska,

There's some good first-stuff here...

-The colour scheme to match the Blue Bombers is a good idea

-The Wolves name is kind of a clever kick at the whole Coyote farce and besides,

a wolf will kick a coyote's ass any day.

-And, there's nothing wrong in using clip-art to "flesh-out" an idea.

Advertisers do it all the time to pitch a concept.

No need to apologize to some of the freakin' old women on this board.

It's a decent first attempt.

Take the CC and keep working at it.

Jesus Christ you people are anal. IMO a concept should be judged by how it looks, not by how much effort is put into it. That being said, this concept is very nice IMO. My only complaint is the colour scheme. Try Navy, red, and white or a combination of the thrashers colours, or maybe even choose a completely different colour scheme.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Jesus Christ you people are anal. IMO a concept should be judged by how it looks, not by how much effort is put into it. That being said, this concept is very nice IMO. My only complaint is the colour scheme. Try Navy, red, and white or a combination of the thrashers colours, or maybe even choose a completely different colour scheme.

So you're basically saying if somebody plagiarizes, but it still "looks" good, then we should give praise? We should condone it no matter what because of how it "looks"?

This is what makes me angry. People not putting forth any effort whatsoever still get compliments, while threads with legitimate attempts at a logo or uniform get completely ignored.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived