MLB rebranding & Pro Combat

BrandMooreArt

instead of starting a new thread for each one of these teams im just going to put everything in here. to see the Tampa Bay Rays' thread go here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=80348 ill try not to dump so many into the thread at once after this.

Baltimore Orioles: didnt want ot get too far from tradition with home/away. the logo is a bird that i came up with long ago and have used it in a few concepts. i always felt it was a baseball logo and fit the Orioles as well as any

wvz4vb.png

Colorado Rockies use the PC template on each on of these. dont really know why, lol. had to emphasize the purple more than what they do now. i wanted to keep a sense of pinstripes so i put 6 on the back of the jerseys and undershirt. 6 to represent the 6 letters in Denver and shaped in a point like a mountain top

1znyirt.png

Cincinnati Reds a return to red and white. the PC uni features a stripe that i think has a mechanical quality to it. just working with the "Big Red Machine" concept

2wdzl8p.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Reds uniforms look orange.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not a fan of Baltimore's. It looks like a decapitated duck. I would suggest modernization of their cartoonish bird. I like the reds but not the sidewasy script on the alt. As for the Rockies, I would thin out the "CR".

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Orioles: The logo is ok, its a little "cartoonish" for my taste and kinda looks like a duck, but I would imagine that its hard to create a new logo for them, so props for one hell of a shot. The home and away are good. They are simple and thats great. I really like that you didnt put the city name on the away, we all know where the Orioles are from haha. The alt is FANTASTIC!!! I love the city and nickname on the jersy and the helmet, its something different and I feel is what baseball could use more of.

Rockies: I think these would be a great upgrade. I like the focus on the purple a lot. The only thing I would like more is just a little bit of white, I just think it would make it pop more. Also very clever on the pin stipes.

Reds: This might be the best baseball concept I have ever seen!! Love the white hat on the home and the pin-strip pants and under shirt. LOVE the "white-out" away and that white hat even more!! The Alt just wonderful. Why MLB teams dont go out on a limb more often is beyond me but I would love to see this on the field tomorrow!!!

I really hope that there are more teams to come!!! Great work!!!

Interesting... These things are so out there that they actually look good. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

orioles - don't like the logo, his mouth reminds me of a football. but i LOVE the away jersey, something about that orange accent in there that just looks wonderful.

rockies - again not a fan of the CR logo, it looks like it should be interlocking but it's so hard to see. the colors are all too dark, there's no contrast. and no to the black pants. but i love those faint pinstripes on the back.

reds - great look all around, really reminds me of nike with the silver numbers and such, and i love the red pinstripes.

overall i love this series, great creative ideas churning out

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Orioles: The alt is FANTASTIC!!! I love the city and nickname on the jersy and the helmet, its something different and I feel is what baseball could use more of.

I disagree and think it looks quite generic. More or less, it looks like this to me: http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-8610452reg.jpg

In my opinion, the orioles alternate would look a lot better if it resembled the rockies alternate and used the "o's" logo on one side and numbers on the other...also, the logo you're using for the o's....please, no.

It looks orange to me too.

I really like the Orioles jerseys.

I have no idea how anyone can see orange in the reds uniforms.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

People's monitors have slightly different hue settings. You are going to get that from time to time unless you hit that intended color range. It is definitely an orange-red on my screen.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange-red

Compared to their red color

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Reds

People's monitors have slightly different hue settings. You are going to get that from time to time unless you hit that intended color range. It is definitely an orange-red on my screen.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange-red

Compared to their red color

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Reds

On my screen the colors are not even close.

Orioles- Other than the primary seems like a duck, the uniforms are great. I like how you used a wordmark on a batting helmet, you don't usually see that and I like it. 7/10

Rockies- This is a really nice one. It fits in nice for a Colorado team and the Pro Combat is sweet. 8/10

Reds- Very nice and clean look for the Reds. It was very necessary to drop the black. These are probably the best Pro Combat uniforms out of the set. 9/10

Great series with the Pro Combat and I hope you try something new for all the teams.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Great concepts, I think that the Orioles logo looks good but not for them, I think you should save it for a Oregon concept or something. I like all the jerseys except the Pro Combat helmet, I think it should have a logo or the script Orioles on it.

The Rockies are my favorite out of the bunch, I love the stripes, but I'm not sure about the black pants with the gray unis. The logo is kind of boring but it works okay.

The Reds are kind of different, not sure how I feel about the gray on the white unis but it's creative.

Can't wait to see some more, this is a very cool series!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I love what you did with the back of the Rockies jerseys, I wonder why nobody's tried putting designs down there. I like it. My gripe is the 'CR' logo, it kinda reads 'GR' to me with the way the R extends into the C

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

thanks for the ton of feedback guys. Clement, if you or any one else wants the template you can grab it here: http://addicted2chaos.deviantart.com/art/Baseball-Uniform-Template-209284153

i used a bright red pantone for the Reds uni. i keep my monitor calibrated so if you're seeing orange, yours probably needs calibrated. but, i definitely didnt use their particular color. ill change it over though

i pretty much agree with everyone on the Rockies, i know the whole thing is muted but wanted to try it without white. ill just add it in to fix some separation and contrast issues

i kind of figured the Orioles primary wouldnt be a huge hit and yes it was a duck at first! lol. its not for my portfolio so i might just keep it as is.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Atlanta Braves this was a scary one to do because the Braves havnt changed much over the years and have a strong identity history. i could hear all the die hard Braves fans flipping their lids over things ive changed even thought hey NEED to be changed. first the script mark is poorly done and looks like a free font you can get anywhere online. the tomahawk is really cartoony and too detailed to be a great logo. so ive cleaned up the mark a bit, added some testosterone to the tomahawk, then kept the home uniform fairly similar. also changed the number font to something more modern and that better fits this style. (its the Atlanta Falcons font). on the PC uniform i brought back the old feather mark on the sleeve.

some of these changes were made with the Indians in mind as well. i have big changes planned for them. really, why is there a league with 2 red/white/blue native american teams?? we've got to have some separation in the identities.

2whh17r.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived