Brewers "Cerveceros" Jersey

kbaker19

http://on.fb.me/jlBObU

261e0bl.jpg

The Brewers have worn Cerveceros on their jerseys one game a year for the past couple years, but they have never been gold like this before. They will be worn tomorrow against the Cardinals. Usually they are navy or white.

Thoughts?

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang it, just posted this in the MLB thread...

I think it's cool. They tested the gold BP uniforms with the All-Star Game back in 2002. I also had hopes for the 2010 alternate to maybe be gold. I think this is the last we'll see of a Brewers gold alt for at least 4 years, though.

Still waiting to see what the Cardinals' jerseys will read.

2002homerunderbynationa.jpg

Is that really gold or is that just really bad lighting?

That was my first thought as well, but the fact that its a navy script with a white outline and a navy shadow leads me to believe it is indeed gold.

Please God no! The Cardinals are doing this bull :censored: now?

I reall hope this doesn't turn into the joke the NBA has created and have more and more teams each year wearing Spanish language jerseys.

Pathetic display.

Why don't they have a day to celebrate the Italians contributions to the sport of baseball? This pandering is stupid. And if they want to have some excuse to celebrate heritage, why must the language be changed? If they must have all these heritage, and by all I mean essentially just Hispanic heritage, why does it honor anyone by changing the language on a jersey worn in America by American teams? This, just like in the NBA further supports the current lack of assimilation and refusal to learn the language of the land. We honor you by changing our language, because it makes sense since you don't like the English language.

The Brewers can get :censored:ed.

2ly2w09.jpg

Well it could be due to the sheer amount of hispanic players in the MLB. It could be that the MLB is trying to build up a fanbase that may only be served now by the MLS (and in a very pandering way by the NBA).

On the plus side, at least the use real translations instead of dropping on a "los" to a jersey. As for the Irish, don't a great deal of the teams have St Paddy day hats even though no team has a regular season game on March 17?

It's a bit minor league, sure, but when you see a highlight on Sportcenter and you see how many empty seats there are, you might have to pull some minor league antics to get asses in seats.

Archived