Brewers "Cerveceros" Jersey

kbaker19

I like that they went for the gold because if teams are going to do these promotions why not use a different color jersey (than what they'd normally wear) than just replacing their normal Brewers script with Cerveceros on their home or alt jersey.

mets.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please God no! The Cardinals are doing this bull :censored: now?

I reall hope this doesn't turn into the joke the NBA has created and have more and more teams each year wearing Spanish language jerseys.

Pathetic display.

Why don't they have a day to celebrate the Italians contributions to the sport of baseball? This pandering is stupid. And if they want to have some excuse to celebrate heritage, why must the language be changed? If they must have all these heritage, and by all I mean essentially just Hispanic heritage, why does it honor anyone by changing the language on a jersey worn in America by American teams? This, just like in the NBA further supports the current lack of assimilation and refusal to learn the language of the land. We honor you by changing our language, because it makes sense since you don't like the English language.

The Brewers can get :censored:ed.

Dude get over yourself, this ia a logo forum website let's keep it to discussing logos. Try Xenophobia.com

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

<boilerplate nativist whining>

The Brewers can get :censored:ed? I'd think they'd be one of your favorite teams seeing as how they wear the Americanized version of a German word on their regular home jerseys and use that same word in place of the Algonquian word that should be on their regular roads.

Besides, ethnic marketing is nothing new to the Brewers (did you say something about Italians, btw?) and rightfully so as Milwaukee has always prided itself on its socio-ethnic diversity... we're not called the City of Festivals for nothin'! So as much as I'm sure you (as well as a fair number of the talk-radio listening mouth-breathers in the suburbs) would be thrilled if we got rid of German Fest, Festa Italiana, African Fest, Bastille Days, Mexican Fiesta (GASP!), etc and the merged them all into one summer-long festival called "AmerikkkaFest" where fat, pasty jingoists can gorge themselves on hot dogs and cheeseburgers while watching monster trucks and listening to "Born In The USA" and "America... :censored: Yeah!" on a continuous loop, we respect out history just a little bit more than that. In fact, in the 160+ years that Milwaukee has been around, English has only been the most common language for a little over half of them and as many issues as I take with our civic institutions (especially our so-called "leadership"), I'm glad to see that these traditions reflected by the organization that represents our city in the All-American world of professional baseball...

...in other words, this is one Milwaukee native who unapologetically thinks people with your mentality can get :censored:ed!

GO CERVEZA CREW!! :D

O-Kay.

Now can we move on?

I'd love to move on, but I'm sick of this crap coming up literally everytime the Brewers break out the Cerveceros jerseys. At least they actually put in the effort to properly translate the Brewers name (opposed to just slapping "Los" on the jerseys) and come up with a script that actually fits in with the rest of the brand, unlike the stars & stripes hats which these same idiots never seem to have a problem with (CUZ IT REPRESENTS AMURRICA... :censored: YEAH!!!).

Anyway, I'd love to see the Brewers add a regular gold alt, but it only makes me want them to go back to their original colors that much more. Athletic gold looks great next to grey whereas metallic gold just washes out into it.

It would be better to put "Brewers" and use it at home, gold with grey road pants would look terrible

Bingo. Use a gold "Brewers" alt at home and keep the "Milwaukee" navy alt for the road. That would be a good look.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

If it makes everyone feel better, the Brewers are also doing a German heritage day on August 14th, complete with "Bierbrauers" jerseys.

See, here's my problem with "Bierbrauers"...

Cerveceros is fine because "makers of beer" is about as good a translation as you can hope to get when going from a Germanic language like English to a Romance language like Spanish. However, the German word for Brewers is "Brauers." Adding "Bier" in this case isn't all that unlike other teams lazily adding "Los" to their otherwise English names. It makes no sense to use another translated name when a perfectly translated one is available.

The Brewers can get :censored:ed? I'd think they'd be one of your favorite teams seeing as how they wear the Americanized version of a German word on their regular home jerseys and use that same word in place of the Algonquian word that should be on their regular roads.

Besides, ethnic marketing is nothing new to the Brewers (did you say something about Italians, btw?) and rightfully so as Milwaukee has always prided itself on its socio-ethnic diversity... we're not called the City of Festivals for nothin'! So as much as I'm sure you (as well as a fair number of the talk-radio listening mouth-breathers in the suburbs) would be thrilled if we got rid of German Fest, Festa Italiana, African Fest, Bastille Days, Mexican Fiesta (GASP!), etc and the merged them all into one summer-long festival called "AmerikkkaFest" where fat, pasty jingoists can gorge themselves on hot dogs and cheeseburgers while watching monster trucks and listening to "Born In The USA" and "America... :censored: Yeah!" on a continuous loop, we respect out history just a little bit more than that. In fact, in the 160+ years that Milwaukee has been around, English has only been the most common language for a little over half of them and as many issues as I take with our civic institutions (especially our so-called "leadership"), I'm glad to see that these traditions reflected by the organization that represents our city in the All-American world of professional baseball...

...in other words, this is one Milwaukee native who unapologetically thinks people with your mentality can get :censored:ed!

And what's funny about those dudes in their trucks is that they don't get Born in the USA at all...

If it makes everyone feel better, the Brewers are also doing a German heritage day on August 14th, complete with "Bierbrauers" jerseys.

See, here's my problem with "Bierbrauers"...

Cerveceros is fine because "makers of beer" is about as good a translation as you can hope to get when going from a Germanic language like English to a Romance language like Spanish. However, the German word for Brewers is "Brauers." Adding "Bier" in this case isn't all that unlike other teams lazily adding "Los" to their otherwise English names. It makes no sense to use another translated name when a perfectly translated one is available.

True, but better that than "Der Brewers" I guess.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Thanks for the graphics ColorWerx!

EDIT: Game just came on and the jerseys look really nice. I'm digging the wheat/gold/beer color. I wouldn't mind this being the new home alternate.

packchampionslfroh.png

So, Legend, you still railing against all those Eye-talons who cone over here and refuse to learn our language? How about those dirty Irish?

Same complaints, different century. So howsabout we keep the conversation on Sports Logos?

Eye-talons...not sure I get why you said it like that. But I have Italian family, my grand parents never refused to learn English. Yet many Latin immigrants do refuse.

Please God no! The Cardinals are doing this bull :censored: now?

I reall hope this doesn't turn into the joke the NBA has created and have more and more teams each year wearing Spanish language jerseys.

Pathetic display.

Why don't they have a day to celebrate the Italians contributions to the sport of baseball? This pandering is stupid. And if they want to have some excuse to celebrate heritage, why must the language be changed? If they must have all these heritage, and by all I mean essentially just Hispanic heritage, why does it honor anyone by changing the language on a jersey worn in America by American teams? This, just like in the NBA further supports the current lack of assimilation and refusal to learn the language of the land. We honor you by changing our language, because it makes sense since you don't like the English language.

The Brewers can get :censored:ed.

Dude get over yourself, this ia a logo forum website let's keep it to discussing logos. Try Xenophobia.com

Yeah, I'm a xenophobe because I like America and celebrate unity before diversity. That used to be called patriotism.

I didn't tell you to get :censored:ed, no reason to tell me to.

I don't own a truck, if you must know I'm Catholic so the KKK can :censored: right off.

I have no issue celebrating heritages in more subtle ways. Festivals are great. But when sports like the NBA, and in recent years the NFL and MLB limit it solely to Hispanic heritage celebration, I find that a little :censored:ty.

Again, rather then everyone being happy to be Americans, as I said earlier, we are too busy celebrating our differences than what makes us all Americans because some people refuse assimilation so much. And it's racist to expect people to adapt to our culture, even though that used to be the norm.

I'm done with it, but I can't help but not bring this up and these things sicken me. I saw the link about the Brewers doing a German one too. That's pretty cool, if teams did more than ONLY Spanish, it wouldn't be so stupid. I would rather not have jerseys changed at all to other languages, but if you are going to do Hispanic heritage nights, why not have European, Asian, and African heritage nights? Because it's too hard since a whole continent plus doens't speak the same language so they wouldn't be able to make jerseys and names representing a large group?

Sorry for taking it off topic, but this stuff really pisses me off. And it has to do with sports logos, in the end.

2ly2w09.jpg

I have no issue celebrating heritages in more subtle ways. Festivals are great. But when sports like the NBA, and in recent years the NFL and MLB limit it solely to Hispanic heritage celebration, I find that a little :censored:ty.

Again, rather then everyone being happy to be Americans, as I said earlier, we are too busy celebrating our differences than what makes us all Americans because some people refuse assimilation so much. And it's racist to expect people to adapt to our culture, even though that used to be the norm.

I'm done with it, but I can't help but not bring this up and these things sicken me. I saw the link about the Brewers doing a German one too. That's pretty cool, if teams did more than ONLY Spanish, it wouldn't be so stupid. I would rather not have jerseys changed at all to other languages, but if you are going to do Hispanic heritage nights, why not have European, Asian, and African heritage nights? Because it's too hard since a whole continent plus doens't speak the same language so they wouldn't be able to make jerseys and names representing a large group?

Sorry for taking it off topic, but this stuff really pisses me off. And it has to do with sports logos, in the end.

Right on. Agree exactly. When they focus on one heritage, it seems like one stupid marketing scheme that alienates other heritages. If they're going to 'honor' the Hispanic heritage, they should honor the heritage that made Milwaukee... that is, the German heritage. Can wait for the German day. Can they bring back the proper Bernie? And his regular slide and landing tap? It's at Lakefront Brewery, shouldn't be too hard to get!

Archived