Brewers "Cerveceros" Jersey

kbaker19

The more I see this jersey, the less I like it. Every other place gold (actual gold) is used on their uniforms, it is a metallic fabric/thread. Throwing a beige-ish fabric into the mix (if they decide to make a gold alt) doesn't work too well, IMO.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and yet another reason why the Brew Crew's "classic" colors are superior and one glance into the stands at Miller Park shows which is overwhelmingly preferred by the fans. It would seem that a rebrand or even just a recoloring is imminent, but I have no idea why the organization is dragging its feet about it.

...and yet another reason why the Brew Crew's "classic" colors are superior and one glance into the stands at Miller Park shows which is overwhelmingly preferred by the fans. It would seem that a rebrand or even just a recoloring is imminent, but I have no idea why the organization is dragging its feet about it.

While the lighter blue and yellow are fan favorites, I don't see them switching back any time soon. I do think the mit and ball logo is one of the greatest in all of sports, and I'd like to see it back on their caps. Here's the problem with the old scheme: it doesn't fit at all with Miller Park.

2940788388_6273e42382.jpg

3505035526_2b719e83c8.jpg

I know its kind of hard to tell from these pics, but if you switched to the old colors, it would clash with the whole ballpark.

And the gold problem can be solved by only using it as a secondary. If you start using it as primary jersey colors, the multiple golds get confusing and the identity is lost. When they're on the sleeves and embedded in the uniform, they have a metallic sparkle.

While the lighter blue and yellow are fan favorites, I don't see them switching back any time soon. I do think the mit and ball logo is one of the greatest in all of sports, and I'd like to see it back on their caps. Here's the problem with the old scheme: it doesn't fit at all with Miller Park.

I know its kind of hard to tell from these pics, but if you switched to the old colors, it would clash with the whole ballpark.

Much of Lambeau Field is metallic gold, so I don't see that as much of a problem and most of the navy & gold elements at Miller Park are signage which gets replaced every few years anyway. The only reason I can think they haven't switched over yet is because they're afraid of losing the revenue stream that the Cooperstown gear brings in, but I would hope that would be superseded by the need to protect the Brewers brand from dilution and the potential of a color pallete that's ownable in MLB.

And the gold problem can be solved by only using it as a secondary. If you start using it as primary jersey colors, the multiple golds get confusing and the identity is lost. When they're on the sleeves and embedded in the uniform, they have a metallic sparkle.

Honestly I don't think blue and yellow will clash with Miller Park's colors. I'm not seeing why there would be a clash.

If you just don't want to switch back to those colors, then that's fine, but I don't think it should be because they "clash" with Miller Park colors.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

No reason that the Brewers couldn't go back to their old logos or colors. Miller Park is sufficiently generic as to allow it without a problem. Replace the signage as it comes due, and that's it.

I suspect that the club is able to "double-dip" with sales of current navy and throwback royal, and therefore are disinclined to make it a permanent change.

$220 for a blank jersey? Holy hell, that better come with an all-you-can-eat-Chorizo voucher for my next trip to the park or something.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

one thing I figure, if the Brewers were to roll out a permanent "Brewers" version of this jersey, I think a modernized variant of the old road cap from the early 80s might work well...got my vision of a navy cap with gold front panels and a navy version of the M/wheat...I don't feel like immortalizing said vision in concept form right now, but you get my drift.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I suspect that the club is able to "double-dip" with sales of current navy and throwback royal, and therefore are disinclined to make it a permanent change.

That's what I suspect as well. But I honestly doubt they're selling that much of the current merch to begin with and they could always shift the focus of their throwback gear from the BiG to Barrel Man.

Here's the problem with the old scheme: it doesn't fit at all with Miller Park.

1) Most stadiums have dark green color schemes irrespective of their tenants' uniforms

2) Paint exists

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's what I suspect as well. But I honestly doubt they're selling that much of the current merch to begin with and they could always shift the focus of their throwback gear from the BiG to Barrel Man.

They are selling A LOT of the current merch. Most of the jerseys of the current players you see the fans wearing are the current version.

Those who are still stuck living in the past and longing for the days of Yount and Molitor shouldn't be rewarded. The players like having their own identity (which is why they have drastically reduced how often the BiG uniforms are used). It's embarassing how much the older Brewers fans here can't seem to forget about a team that had one decent year (when they LOST the Series by the way).

They are selling A LOT of the current merch. Most of the jerseys of the current players you see the fans wearing are the current version.

Those who are still stuck living in the past and longing for the days of Yount and Molitor shouldn't be rewarded. The players like having their own identity (which is why they have drastically reduced how often the BiG uniforms are used). It's embarassing how much the older Brewers fans here can't seem to forget about a team that had one decent year (when they LOST the Series by the way).

The fans aren't pouring in with Molitor and Yount jerseys. They're wearing retro Braun, Fielder, Weeks, and Hart uniforms. Fans wear them because it's cool, not because of what the team has done with the jerseys in the past. As you can see from many leagues: retro is in. The Jazz, 76ers, Capitals have all switched back to old styles, and this wasn't from their fans 'living in the past'.

And no need to jab at the '82 Brewers. They were one of the greatest offensive teams in the 80's, and probably would've walked off as World Series champions if Rollie Fingers hadn't been injured.

Archived