Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

I created an Anaheim Ducks concept a few days ago on the pretense of me starting an NHL series due to the boredom that is my summer vacation and the fact that I'm actually starting to get in to hockey for once. The concept was not too well received, but I still kinda liked how it looked. With some help from capn89, who showed me how I could rework the striping pattern with the addition to silver, I realized that I could have a pretty good looking Ducks concept.

What I Did: The Ducks came into the league in 1993/94 sporting a very unique color scheme of jade, eggplant, and silver. The Ducks primary logo with the duck mask is a classic logo, love it or hate it. Personally I liked the logo a lot and was sad to see it go. However, I always sort of liked the front facing duck mask that Anaheim used in their alt. logo (1995/96-2005/06). So I thought I would combine the Ducks first primary logo with that alternate logo. Instead of having a 3/4 view of the duck mask, you now have a head-on shot of it. The hockey sticks were recolored to have a golder tint as opposed to yellow. Also, the "eggplant" is significantly more purple. I'd call it more of a "plum" color now. The jerseys were unique in themselves as well. In the 1993/94 season almost every team had a horizontal striping pattern at the hem of their sweaters but the Ducks had a different diagonal striping that went up/down at a seemingly 45 degree angle. In my opinion I saw this as a distraction seeing as how the numbers would slightly overlap the first diagonal stripe on each jersey. I like the current striping pattern for the Ducks, I just don't like the colors. I changed the colors of the current stripes to match the colors of the stripes Anaheim sported when they entered the league in 1993/94. I completely threw the "D" logo out, seeing as though it is tough to make it look good with the color scheme that's being used. I did alter their current alternate logo (recolored and instead of the 3/4 view mask logo mine is in the center). I thought that the logo was too good to just belong on a sleeve so I made it the crest for the black alt. jersey. Basically I've tried to mix old and new in each aspect. So, here are the Anaheim Ducks, tell me what you think.

Logos:

Primary--Alternate

AnaheimDucksSet2.png

*Original Set*

*Original Alternate*

Thanks for viewing, tell me what you think. The next team on my list will be Boston, seeing as how the Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

moving the secondary "sneering mask" to the primary triangle-and-sticks is a great idea that I haven't seen here before. The alternate really pops (though the logo is just a tad bit low), but I can't help but thinking that you chose the wrong color. I won't even get into bfbs arguments, because the Ducks have done this before, but I don't think I've ever associated the Ducks with "jade" over "eggplant". I think if you swapped the jade for the eggplant, making a black/purple/gray jersey, which you could pair with the standard eggplant pants rather effectively.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Not bad, but I'd add some eggplant to the alternate uniforms, both right inside the jade outline to the numbers and where the second jade stripe is above the white and silver. That's of course if you absolutely want to keep jade in the alternate jersey, otherwise I'd suggest the changes that hockey week mentioned.

I like the jersey itself. I've seen it done in several places (hell I've done it myself), but I've always liked it. Because really the new Ducks jersey striping was inspired by the old Ducks jersey stiping. So the colors and pattern still fit.

The darker gold is interesting, but the sticks kind of get lost with it.

The snarling duck mask is an interesting choice to bring to the primary. I understand the want for the forward facing mask, but that's always been a little too cartoony for a primary. It was a good secondary, but eh. There are more stoic forward facing duck masks (from the animated series logo), which might fit better here.

And if anything, the mask can be lowered in the logo. It looks like it's a little high up.

Black alt is kinda meh. No real opinion on it, but I'd at least add some purple.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Alright, so I'm finally done with Boston. It wasn't so much that this was a hard concept to do, it was that it was hard to think of something to change. I like the Bruins set as it is, but looking at their past there are certain aspects of it that I like.

What I did: The stripes on the jersey are all slightly thicker and I eliminated the black and white stripes on the sleeves of the home and road uniforms respectively. The name and number font has gone back to a single outline and the white jerseys feature yellow numbers for the first time in over 60 years. I took the alternate logo off of the shoulders for a more "vintage" feel. The alternate jersey however features the alt. logo with the primary 'B' logo on the shoulders. I really considered totally ditching the black in favor of brown, but I assume most are content with the black and yellow.

Nothing too drastic here, but tell me what you think.

BostonBruinsSet.png

I have some interesting changes in mind for Buffalo, so stick around.

the Bruins are a team whose colors shouldnt change. but it would be interesting to see a brown alternate. ive never liked yellow and white being against each other, i really would suggest putting some black between those colors wherever possible.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Okay, by interesting, I meant doing this to the Buffalo logo. Now I know it's been done before, but when I started on this concept, I realized that I had a buffalo logo that I had drawn up as a Bills concept about a year back. http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/heitert23/Buffalowithwatermark.png"]Here's the originallogo if anyone cares to see, just for the sake of comparison. So I took off the red stripe that was on the Bills logo and make an attempt at a tail. The Buffalo is silver instead of it's standard white because I felt white looked kind of weak in a sense. So, before I move on, I would like some C&C on this logo. My thoughts are that the buffalo I'm using just doesn't fit the logo so I wanted to get an opinion. Do you guys think I have a good idea here or do you think there's anything that I could do to improve the logo or make it work? Or is it just the way the buffalo is rendered doesn't fit the logo itself?

Here's a few different color variations:

**See Buffalo post for original logo ideas**

Comments are greatly appreciated. I'd like to finish or at least put a good dent into my Sabres concept by the time I go to bed.

Thanks guys.

Okay, by interesting, I meant doing this to the Buffalo logo. Now I know it's been done before, but when I started on this concept, I realized that I had a buffalo logo that I had drawn up as a Bills concept about a year back. http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/heitert23/Buffalowithwatermark.png"]Here's the originallogo if anyone cares to see, just for the sake of comparison. So I took off the red stripe that was on the Bills logo and make an attempt at a tail. The Buffalo is silver instead of it's standard white because I felt white looked kind of weak in a sense. So, before I move on, I would like some C&C on this logo. My thoughts are that the buffalo I'm using just doesn't fit the logo so I wanted to get an opinion. Do you guys think I have a good idea here or do you think there's anything that I could do to improve the logo or make it work? Or is it just the way the buffalo is rendered doesn't fit the logo itself?

Here's a few different color variations:

Sabres3.pngSabres2.pngSabres4.png

Sabres.pngSabres6.pngSabres5.png

good idea!

Comments are greatly appreciated. I'd like to finish or at least put a good dent into my Sabres concept by the time I go to bed.

Thanks guys.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Honestly, I think the Bison is a downgrade to the current. That being said, I love idea of using the old 3rd logo in a new primary - The sabres need to be lowered in the circle to make room for the Bison above. I think If it were me, I would try tweaking/Modernizing Buffalo's current white bison rather than using a "Bills current/Bills unused" hybrid...

Good Idea though...

canada.png

Honestly, I think the Bison is a downgrade to the current. That being said, I love idea of using the old 3rd logo in a new primary - The sabres need to be lowered in the circle to make room for the Bison above. I think If it were me, I would try tweaking/Modernizing Buffalo's current white bison rather than using a "Bills current/Bills unused" hybrid...

Good Idea though...

Thank you good sir. Coming from a Buffalo fan himself that's some great advice. I'll work on updating the current bison.

Which blue do you think should dominate the color scheme? The classic Sabres blue or the navy blue?

• 1 month later...

After one month, I've finally found some time to sit down and finish my Sabres concept.

What I Did: I took Blitz's advice and tried tweaking the bison in the current logo instead of using my already make Bills logo. I significantly lowered the sabres on the old Sabres third logo from the early 2000's and recolored them to the current navy blue and yellow (although the yellow I used is just a bit lighter than what the Sabres currently use). The bison that I modified looked a little blank, so I tried my hand at shading it to give it some more depth. I figured that the swords in the logo I'm using have much greater depth than the current ones in the Sabres logo today and that an all white bison would look a little too flat with the logo. That being said, I made both logos, one with shading and one without, but put the shaded one on the uniforms. Below you can see the difference between the two and the difference between them and the bison in the current logo. The uniforms are pretty simple, I didn't want to go all crazy like they did with the "buffaslug" logo, I really didn't care for the uniforms then, but also, I didn't want to go too far into the past and just use a simple triple stripe pattern like the jerseys from the 70's and 80's. I really like the current third jerseys the Sabres use so I didn't change much. It is almost exactly like the current one except for the yellow nameplate and that odd stitching of the numbers. There's also a lack of pant stripe, but other than that, they're pretty much the same.

*Original Logo Idea(s)*

Logos:

Primary--Alternate

Now the whole set:

BuffaloSabresSet.png

Tell me what y'all think. Shaded or non-shaded? And is there anything else I need to change on the logo or uniforms? I appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks for looking!

I like the Buffalo set, but I've never been too keen on that script on the third. Not sure why, it's just funky with the line above it. Maybe I sound needy, though. Keep up the good work, like what you're doing (been stalking this for a while, saw your comment in another, ahem, "concept" thread).

I like the Buffalo set, but I've never been too keen on that script on the third. Not sure why, it's just funky with the line above it. Maybe I sound needy, though. Keep up the good work, like what you're doing (been stalking this for a while, saw your comment in another, ahem, "concept" thread).

Wow, thank you very much actually. I posted that there hoping that someone would pick up on it (I was about 2 minutes away from bumping this again). But I really appreciate the feedback.

Any other comments before I start on the Flames?

Archived