Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

I am happy to see revamp of the Mooterus as it was a very clever idea executed poorly. Flipping the horns was a good decision but I can't help but miss the lines that connect the stars. Without them, it's not really constellation anymore. Also one of the biggest flaws of the original logo (the green facial features of the bull) is not addressed. The green area around the eyes looks silly and the green area of the snout is far too thin. One thing I think you really nailed though was the use of the Star from the primary logo. It was odd seeing it off to the side on the original but on the forehead, it really pops. Particularly on the last iteration.

If I sound too critical it's because I think you're really onto something and with a few tweaks you could make this previously laughable logo into something great. Will this be featured on any jerseys?

+1 (summarized in the bolded parts). The one thing I disagree with it putting the star on the forehead; IMO it looks better without it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy to see revamp of the Mooterus as it was a very clever idea executed poorly. Flipping the horns was a good decision but I can't help but miss the lines that connect the stars. Without them, it's not really constellation anymore. Also one of the biggest flaws of the original logo (the green facial features of the bull) is not addressed. The green area around the eyes looks silly and the green area of the snout is far too thin. One thing I think you really nailed though was the use of the Star from the primary logo. It was odd seeing it off to the side on the original but on the forehead, it really pops. Particularly on the last iteration.

If I sound too critical it's because I think you're really onto something and with a few tweaks you could make this previously laughable logo into something great. Will this be featured on any jerseys?

Not too critical at all, I really appreciate the feedback. I'll start messing around with this logo and have something up within the next few days hopefully.

And to answer your question, yes, I actually thought about making this updated logo the primary logo. I'm not sure how everyone feels about that, but quite frankly I never really liked the current Stars logo.

Also, you three all agreed that the stars needed to be connected. I always thought that that was kinda the leading factor in making the logo look like a uterus. Any suggestions on how to incorporate the constellation and avoid making the logo look like, well... you know.

I think it would be better with a rather aggressive look with normal eyes instead stars for eyes. It just feels like that is lacking.

The white stars are good, but I think they should be used elsewhere.

Also, you three all agreed that the stars needed to be connected. I always thought that that was kinda the leading factor in making the logo look like a uterus. Any suggestions on how to incorporate the constellation and avoid making the logo look like, well... you know.

Personally I found the way the horns were rendered to be the leading factor for making it look like a uterus but I can definitely see how the lines contributed. That being said, I think turning the horns around alone deletes the resemblence.

Anyhow I look forward to the updated logo/jerseys. Keep it up!

Okay, as promised, I'd like to present to you, Mooterus 2.0!

There are a couple different ones with the only change being the star on the forehead, I wasn't sure if it looked good or not. I feel like this logo's on the right track, but then again I sort of feel like it doesn't tie into the name "Stars", it doesn't really look like the Taurus constellation all that much, which is sorta what the original logo was going for. I would really appreciate some C&C on this one. I feel like I'm really close, just not quite there yet.

Mooterus3.pngMooterus.pngMooterus2.png

EDIT: My girlfriend wanted me to give her credit for the idea of flipping the horns upright :P

Try using numbern 1 and flip the stars and white lines on the horns around for more of a constellation.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I never really thought about what made it look like a uterus, but if adding the constellation-lines makes it look that way, then I wouldn't add them back in.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Alright, I took Morgo's advice and added back in the constellation lines and tried to fix the green area. Now, I'm assuming the constellation that they were going for was Taurus so I tried to make the lines resemble it a little. I attempted to do the eyes but then I realized that aside from the fact that eyes are my Achilles heel, the stars make more sense and they are necessary to complete the constellation. I feel like I'm close, but still not there yet. So please, tell me what I need to do to make this better.

Here's the Taurus reference

And here is the updated logo

MooterusUpdate.png

My biggest issue is how the top of the bottom green part (around the nose) is too broad; it doesn't really flow with the rest of the green, so to speak.

On the topic of the constellation lines, I don't think they make it look like a uterus, so I'd keep them.

Bumping this up again.

Thanks for your suggestions Bubba, I see what I can do to fix up that area. Do you think the constellation lines look good like this? I guess what I mean is, do they portray the implied Taurus constellation?

I'd really appreciate some more feedback on this before I get started on the uniforms.

i dont like the middle star. it looks off. fix it to make it straight.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Bumping this up again.

Thanks for your suggestions Bubba, I see what I can do to fix up that area. Do you think the constellation lines look good like this? I guess what I mean is, do they portray the implied Taurus constellation?

I'd really appreciate some more feedback on this before I get started on the uniforms.

Yes. It's very easy to tell that it's supposed to be a constellation and it doesn't look too forced.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just giving this a quick bump. School's over for me now, so I have time to start working on this series again.

Any more comments before I start the uniforms? Any suggestions as to what you'd like to see in the uniform set?

Well, here's Dallas. I really liked Dallas' pre-Edge uniforms with the star template so I tried to make that fit on the Edge jerseys. The third is just a really simple concept sans the black. I connected the top of the star (the part that made the 'A' shape) to the base, just as I have done on the new primary logo.

And, that's about it. Comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

StarsSet.png

These are sharp! I think my one criticism would be the color choice for the numbers - white would probably look better on the homes and green on the roads. Other than that, I really dig it. Great seeing the star template make a comeback, and that particular colorway is very nice. The third is very nice and clean as well. Great work once again!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived